✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

^yeah, especially since I dont really see C and G paired together super often. I mean, G pairs with W often, and G and J (used to) bond over smoking. Didn't the documentary say C and G didn't really like each other in the very beginning? Sorry, I dont want to start any fake rumours, but thats the sense I always got.

• Like 1

And now for something that more closely resembles news from twitter:

[MEDIA=twitter]1107336555075723266[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplayxtra/status/1107336555075723266

[MEDIA=twitter]1107317545265176579[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/lena_tayara/status/1107317545265176579

I mean, we kinda suspected that after the whole thing about Guy (with Chris) in LA, but we didn't really know about all four of them recording meaning Will and Jonny as well. News isnt super surprising, but very nice to hear it from someone.

YESSSSS!!!!!

I mean, we kinda suspected that after the whole thing about Guy (with Chris) in LA, but we didn't really know about all four of them recording meaning Will and Jonny as well. News isnt super surprising, but very nice to hear it from someone.

Perhaps they have ideas for a new Christmas song (as well)???? Next December it will be 9 years since Christmas Lights was released. I can't believe it has been 9 years since I heard that track for the first time ever!!!! However, it would be really nice if they score a Christmas hit again at the end of this year, wouldn't it?!

• Like 6

^yeah, especially since I dont really see C and G paired together super often. I mean, G pairs with W often, and G and J (used to) bond over smoking. Didn't the documentary say C and G didn't really like each other in the very beginning? Sorry, I dont want to start any fake rumours, but thats the sense I always got.

Yeah I feel like you can kind of infer that from the documentary, but I feel like they've learned to respect each other even more over time. Guy even says that he and Chris used to argue a lot but then says he (Guy) was too argumentative when they were younger and then Chris says he used to want everyone to follow his lead too much but they both seem to have corrected those behaviors.

• Like 5

Let's remember that it's not likely that Will and Jonny would be spotted in LA. It's not like they are prominent figures in Los Angeles nor is there a strong contingent of us Coldplay fans in LA who would recognize them in public.

I would be willing to bet that Will and Jonny were out in LA as well when Guy was there (assuming he was recording with Chris, which is most certainly the reason Guy would be in Malibu).

I'm guessing they will continue to bounce back and forth between LA, London and recording separately. But if Guy is out recording in Malibu with Chris, then that must mean the whole gang is there.

• Like 3

I'm guessing they will continue to bounce back and forth between LA, London and recording separately.

It would be so much easier for them to record new music if Chris was living in London again. Probably they would already have released something new. But Chris stays in Malibu because of his kids, and so we will have to wait a long time until we finally get a new record/song/album.

• Like 5

Even with these all these updates about Guy being in LA, I'm still pretty sure late 2019 is when all things are going to break lose. I was sort of expecting for them to show up for any of the big summer festivals but well, certainly it won't happen this year. 2018 was, for sure, their off-year, just like we all expected.

• Like 2

Even with these all these updates about Guy being in LA, I'm still pretty sure late 2019 is when all things are going to break lose. I was sort of expecting for them to show up for any of the big summer festivals but well, certainly it won't happen this year. 2018 was, for sure, their off-year, just like we all expected.

Imagine having billions on your bank account because of your last successful world tour and having all the time in the world to do whatever you want, plus you know how to compose music and have all the equipment and instruments needed to do that all the time... I'd love to spend a whole year composing and tinkering with music... And we all know Chris, he just can't help but compose new tunes even on the go, his phone must be full of voice notes with song ideas. Obviously we will get something, at the end of this year at the soonest!

• Like 5

It's reasonable to say that at the end of this year something will be happening, I actually also think that early next year would be a nice period to release new music.

It has been said already; new music for a new decade. A Head Full Of Dreams' release was on the 4th of December, 2015.

At the end of this year, on 4 December, it will be exactly 4 years since their last album release which is a pretty long time, especially for Coldplay because they always have a space of 2 mostly 3 years between albums. Let's not forget about Kaleidoscope which was released on 14th July 2017 of which we already knew a song (SJLT) before it was released again on the EP. I think we'll get at least some announcements or a very short audio/video clip just like they did with Adventure Of A Lifetime back in 2015 in order to announce a new song. I believe it was in November/October? Can't remember very well. Think it was in October.

But on the other hand, it could be possible that they have decided to take a long break after their big A Head Full Of Dreams world tour. I mean really long, I'm thinking of 3 maybe 4 years. Which wouldn't be surprising at all.

Why? Usually between Coldplay albums there's a gap of 2-3 years. Take a look; 2000 (P) - 2002 (AROBTTH) - 2005 (X&Y) - 2008 (VIVA) - 2011 (MX) - 2014 (GS) but then came AHFOD in 2015 which is basically just 1 year, to be more specific; 19 months (minus a few days) which is a really short period between 2 albums (at least it is for a big band)!

Normally it would be something like this: 2000 (P release), 2002 (AROBTTH), 2005 (X&Y), 2008 (VIVA), 2011 (MX), 2014 (GS) and A Head Full Of Dreams' release in 2017. It would also make more sense.

Let's say they did release A Head Full Of Dreams in May 2017 (3 years after the release of GS), they would be doing some tv performances/play smaller venues (2017-2018) and eventually do a tour (not per se in that order), if they had done something like this that means they could've been finished at this point (early or mid 2019).

If that happened they could decide for going on a break for at least a year or a year and a half and that brings us to 2020, the year in which we can expect brand-new music!

In short, I also think there's a (big) chance that they unfortunately won't release new music until next year.

• Like 2

It's reasonable to say that at the end of this year something will be happening, I actually also think that early next year would be a nice period to release new music.

It has been said already; new music for a new decade. A Head Full Of Dreams' release was on the 4th of December, 2015.

At the end of this year, on 4 December, it will be exactly 4 years since their last album release which is a pretty long time, especially for Coldplay because they always have a space of 2 mostly 3 years between albums. Let's not forget about Kaleidoscope which was released on 14th July 2017 of which we already knew a song (SJLT) before it was released again on the EP. I think we'll get at least some announcements or a very short audio/video clip just like they did with Adventure Of A Lifetime back in 2015 in order to announce a new song. I believe it was in November/October? Can't remember very well. Think it was in October.

But on the other hand, it could be possible that they have decided to take a long break after their big A Head Full Of Dreams world tour. I mean really long, I'm thinking of 3 maybe 4 years. Which wouldn't be surprising at all.

Why? Usually between Coldplay albums there's a gap of 2-3 years. Take a look; 2000 (P) - 2002 (AROBTTH) - 2005 (X&Y) - 2008 (VIVA) - 2011 (MX) - 2014 (GS) but then came AHFOD in 2015 which is basically just 1 year, to be more specific; 19 months (minus a few days) which is a really short period between 2 albums (at least it is for a big band)!

Normally it would be something like this: 2000 (P release), 2002 (AROBTTH), 2005 (X&Y), 2008 (VIVA), 2011 (MX), 2014 (GS) and A Head Full Of Dreams' release in 2017. It would also make more sense.

Let's say they did release A Head Full Of Dreams in May 2017 (3 years after the release of GS), they would be doing some tv performances/play smaller venues (2017-2018) and eventually do a tour (not per se in that order), if they had done something like this that means they could've been finished at this point (early or mid 2019).

If that happened they could decide for going on a break for at least a year or a year and a half and that brings us to 2020, the year in which we can expect brand-new music!

In short, I also think there's a (big) chance that they unfortunately won't release new music until next year.

Yes yes yes! I just can’t imagine how they will top AHFOD tour-wise...

• Like 1

About time!! Great news!

• Like 2

Saw on Reddit that Kawai is repairing their piano. You can see pictures of the piano and a box with labels that read: Recording Piano January 2019 and another that says March 2019.

[MEDIA=twitter]1108764834819117056[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/kawaipianosuk/status/1108764834819117056?s=21

Says "March 2019 - to go to Kawai UK", so that's when we are now, but that January recording piano stuff... sounds intersting...

• Like 4

That was not funny at all !!!!

I actually believed it for a second but only focused on words like "new songs" :laughing:

I wouldn't be surprised if it was actually true. I mean, they already did collabs with people like Rihanna, Tove Lo, Beyoncé. It can't be excluded, I guess.

• Like 2

I believed it haha

In that case, we say ''1 april, kikker in je bil'' (it rhymes) which means (very silly translated into English) the following:

''1 April, frog in your bum/butt''. It is supposed to rhyme but it doesn't rhyme at all (when you say it in English) ....

So, congrats! :party:

• Like 5

D918452C-A54B-4615-BF69-A1A65E7501B7.thumb.png.10e086b5495ef6a687de982b52a130b5.png Looks like at least half the boys are at it.

‘Conscious pilot’ sounds like an opening track/side project to something new etc.

Thoughts?

Yes it’s on ASCAP & I believe Daniel Green is a Coldplay producer

• Like 5

[ATTACH=full]8223[/ATTACH] Looks like at least half the boys are at it.

‘Conscious pilot’ sounds like an opening track/side project to something new etc.

Thoughts?

Oooh good find! Maybe part of Los Unidades?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

[ATTACH=full]8223[/ATTACH] Looks like at least half the boys are at it.

Thoughts?

Can you provide the link for this, please? :O