✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

^ the work ID could give an indication (older songs have a lower number), so I'm not sure if that one was added very recently.

this one starts with 89 too:

UfEeVaC.png

edit: I just realist they added a bunch of "songs" from the documentary (such as "I love you Jim", the potential world hit), so this one (and some others) are probably part of that

• Like 2

Wow...

"A Man For All Seasons (Still Goin' Strong)"... Sounds like a good song to me!!! Is there a way to know when these songs were registered on ASCAP?

Sin-t-tulo.jpg

https://www.ascap.com/repertory#ace/search/workID/888684208

I remember back in 2015 when we found these ASCAP songs for the first time. There was hype for quite a while that these could be on AHFOD, but then someone pointed out all the GoT references...

• Like 3

^ the work ID could give an indication (older songs have a lower number), so I'm not sure if that one was added very recently.

UfEeVaC.png

edit: I just realist they added a bunch of "songs" from the documentary (such as "I love you Jim", the potential world hit), so this one (and some others) are probably part of that

Nah I check every day- film songs were added in December 2018. Conscious pilot is new this week

• Like 8

Oooh good find! Maybe part of Los Unidades?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Conscious Pilot totally sounds like a Coldplay idea/theme. I would bet it's Coldplay, but it's a bit odd that Chris and Guy are not on it... yet.

At the same time, a lot of these registered songs don't mean anything, it's just for copywriting purposes I believe, whether it's an actual released song or something from a YouTube video or the Game of Thrones project.

• Like 5

UfEeVaC.png

I believe this is for a video that Coldplay released during the MX recording sessions showing they were in the studio.

• Like 2

I also find this strange. Perhaps Jonny and Will are doing something on their own?

I was thinking about that too! It sounds very interesting to me. Not that I don't want to see Guy or Chris working along, but I genuinely believe that just Will and Jonny are able to do great (not too poppy) alternative things on their own. It would be really exciting if one day, they release a song by half of Coldplay (as a project). Will and Jonny would be my first choice for a duo! Jonny's guitar riffs together with Will's catcy drum beats are unbeatable. I don't know what could go wrong if they would make a song with just the 2 of them? I think they should do some projects for themselves to experiment with their instruments. Maybe they have been doing this already but we don't even know....

• Like 4

It would be really exciting if one day, they release a song by half of Coldplay (as a project).

This might well be going to happen. Guy is so preoccupied with other projects and Chris is far away in LA surfing and being together with his kids. Perhaps Will and Jonny are now fed up with their gap year and want to work again. Will they ever get together again, the four of them? I doubt it, but of course I hope they will.

• Like 2

This might well be going to happen. Guy is so preoccupied with other projects and Chris is far away in LA surfing and being together with his kids. Perhaps Will and Jonny are now fed up with their gap year and want to work again. Will they ever get together again, the four of them? I doubt it, but of course I hope they will.

I think they will. Phil promised a while ago some 'surprises' for us, which to me sounds like it's related to all four guys... Okay, that's optimism.

• Like 2

I also find this strange. Perhaps Jonny and Will are doing something on their own?

This is whats keeping me from being too hyped about it. I dont want to get my hopes up and this is a great excuse not to be.

This is a truly bizarre development... but truthfully my guess would be this is something related to the documentary. Is there a scene with just Jonny and Will working on something or recording? The fact this popped up close to "Album Recording Sounds" makes me suspicious. Dan Greene did engineer Los Unidades last year...

Remember that Chris wrote a dinky about Julia Roberts and that ended up on ASCAP months after it was performed, so there never seems to be any real rhyme or reason to anything on ASCAP, and though it's fun to speculate, I don't believe we've ever had a song revealed pre-release through it.

But okay, fun theory: It's a jangly track on their upcoming album with psychedelic guitars and crazy drum soloing.

• Like 2

This is a truly bizarre development... but truthfully my guess would be this is something related to the documentary. Is there a scene with just Jonny and Will working on something or recording? The fact this popped up close to "Album Recording Sounds" makes me suspicious. Dan Greene did engineer Los Unidades last year...

Remember that Chris wrote a dinky about Julia Roberts and that ended up on ASCAP months after it was performed, so there never seems to be any real rhyme or reason to anything on ASCAP, and though it's fun to speculate, I don't believe we've ever had a song revealed pre-release through it.

But okay, fun theory: It's a jangly track on their upcoming album with psychedelic guitars and crazy drum soloing.

There were about 15 songs or so that got uploaded to ASCAP late December- this was definitely not one of them. That being said I'm not ready to say its definitely a new album etc but nonetheless 'Conscious Pilot' sounds like the beginning of something new- They are conscious (aware of etc) the first of something (A Pilot).

I believe this is for a video that Coldplay released during the MX recording sessions showing they were in the studio.

This one is from the film I believe- it was uploaded with the rest of the new ones etc in December 2018.

• Like 1

There were about 15 songs or so that got uploaded to ASCAP late December- this was definitely not one of them. That being said I'm not ready to say its definitely a new album etc but nonetheless 'Conscious Pilot' sounds like the beginning of something new- They are conscious (aware of etc) the first of something (A Pilot).

Isn't ASCAP a place where the songs get registered once they got aired/broadcasted in some way? Maybe 'Conscious Pilot' is part of something we've already seen/heard. Also, there must be a members-only section there to pre-register unreleased recordings, and they eventually appear listed there once they get released...

• Like 1

That sounds interesting, and of course with Will's vocals. He has a very good voice, perhaps he is weary of only serving as the back-up vocals of Chris. And perhaps Chris and Guy recorded something interesting together when Guy was in LA.

• Like 2

So I should be doing homework now but... Coldplay :) I want to get all this info straight and clear in one comment. So here's my take: I haven't really been active on these forums since the EP since there has been no *official* news on Coldplay releases (I only today found out about their side project, and all I can say is I'm glad they had the sense to count it as a side project because it's something else). However, I think it's reasonable to expect that the band may be recording an album at this very moment. From what I've gathered (and I may be a little out of date on this) half the band is on one side of the world and half the band is on the other. While the band manager has said that the band need to take a long break to work on something really good (implying he wants them to put more time into their next release) the band has apparently (unconfirmed?) claimed that they are working on recording stuff now. Some people see this as a contradiction, but I see this as something else. What I theorize is possible is that their manager (and probably the band) decided it was best to wait before releasing something. That doesn't mean to wait before working on something. There probably was no "dont be creative until this date" arrangements. Perhaps just a "lets try not to release an album until 2020" deal. Plus theres that whole renegotiating contracts with Parlophone or staying indie (unlikely) or moving on to a different label (also unlikely, and would kind of be a dick move to Parlophone). So they probably decided, as soon as the tour was done, "lets take it mostly easy until whenever we get so restless or excited for an idea that we just have to record." So they took a years sabbatical, still of course doing some band related things like signing rights to Yellow for Crazy Rich Asians, probably being involved in the release of their documentary, and of course, they did that whole side project as Los Unidades. I feel like this was their "enjoy life and get all the party out" phase. I doubt for their los unidades EP that they planned it until it started to formulate. It probably naturally came that Chris Martin especially had the dance fever still and really wanted to get some stuff out. So they made that, perhaps as a way to slowly get back into writing music, starting with something easy and fun and mostly consequence free, and then moving on to working on an album. Or perhaps it was to get the post-tour energy out and then take a break. Either way, I know that what they're recording now is likely not Los Unidades. I at least have hopes that this "Conscious Pilot" title is a new song or album track. It sounds a lot more Coldplay than Los Unidades. I've also noticed on their ASCAP list something called "a julalys" (edit: hyped myself up a little there. Was a Norwegian cover of Christmas Lights). So anyways, I know this comment has been a mostly incoherant mess. And I'm going off what I've gathered in like half an hour here, but I think that if this Conscious Pilot thing is a legit title, it's a Coldplay title. I also can't really see half of Coldplay releasing their own tracks. The band is so tight knit. Of course it's possible that they're gonna do a duo called Conscious Pilot (initials would be CP, same as ColdPlay being CP. Coincidence? *insert illuminati sign*) but I feel like it's far more likely that this is a song idea, or perhaps just an album concept. Obviously the band is getting some creative ideas that they feel the need to let out, and start working on to keep busy, and perhaps while Guy and Chris are busy Will and Jon are just getting the groundworks for a song idea down. Perhaps when it was mentioned that "the band is working on both sides of the ocean," it meant that the band has split up into two "teams" temporarily, one half laying the groundworks for the song and then sending the demos overseas, the other half adding vocals and bass. Anyways, the important thing is I dont think this points to a near release, I think it just means theyre getting ideas flowing. I feel like theyre only starting. Theyll keep getting ideas, but wont stick with every single one. Theyll continue to work on stuff when inspiration comes, rather than in the mindset of "we got to work on our next album", and perhaps a half year from now theyll have enough ideas to go into recording. Just a theory. I dont really know what im talking about here guys lol.

Edit: saw this "BLUES JAM SESSION IMPROVISED" on the list as well. Not sure how to check if its new or not. Probably just a live jam. Couldn't find any info on it at all. I hope they get into some bluesy groovy stuff for their next album though. Even with the amount of suave as All I Can Think About Is You would be pretty cool. Yet again, as long as the album isn't low effort mundane pop, I'll be happy. I just want whatever their artistic brains feel the strongest passion for. When I say I want another AROB or Viva, I don't mean I want another album that sounds like that (though I mean I wouldn't mind that). I mean I want something fresh and new and unlike any album they've ever done before. So long as it's not dubstep...

• Like 5

Or hillbilly country or death metal :joy:

Well to be fair Death Will Never Conquer was kinda country-ish. And it would be kind of hilarious seeing Coldplay of all people doing a death metal band. But yeah, agreed. Though I do think that in their Rush of Blood to the Head days they could have easily gone down a more alt metal path afterwards. Like Deftones with accents.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
Or hillbilly country or death metal :joy:

Well to be fair Death Will Never Conquer was kinda country-ish

Green Eyes is kinda country too. In their early days they had their countryish moments.

I'm gonna be honest I would totally embrace a heavy sound from Coldplay next .Even though I know it's not happening I've been getting into some way heavy stuff recently.

• Like 2