✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

So I should be doing homework now but... Coldplay :) I want to get all this info straight and clear in one comment. So here's my take: I haven't really been active on these forums since the EP since there has been no *official* news on Coldplay releases (I only today found out about their side project, and all I can say is I'm glad they had the sense to count it as a side project because it's something else). However, I think it's reasonable to expect that the band may be recording an album at this very moment. From what I've gathered (and I may be a little out of date on this) half the band is on one side of the world and half the band is on the other. While the band manager has said that the band need to take a long break to work on something really good (implying he wants them to put more time into their next release) the band has apparently (unconfirmed?) claimed that they are working on recording stuff now. Some people see this as a contradiction, but I see this as something else. What I theorize is possible is that their manager (and probably the band) decided it was best to wait before releasing something. That doesn't mean to wait before working on something. There probably was no "dont be creative until this date" arrangements. Perhaps just a "lets try not to release an album until 2020" deal. Plus theres that whole renegotiating contracts with Parlophone or staying indie (unlikely) or moving on to a different label (also unlikely, and would kind of be a dick move to Parlophone). So they probably decided, as soon as the tour was done, "lets take it mostly easy until whenever we get so restless or excited for an idea that we just have to record." So they took a years sabbatical, still of course doing some band related things like signing rights to Yellow for Crazy Rich Asians, probably being involved in the release of their documentary, and of course, they did that whole side project as Los Unidades. I feel like this was their "enjoy life and get all the party out" phase. I doubt for their los unidades EP that they planned it until it started to formulate. It probably naturally came that Chris Martin especially had the dance fever still and really wanted to get some stuff out. So they made that, perhaps as a way to slowly get back into writing music, starting with something easy and fun and mostly consequence free, and then moving on to working on an album. Or perhaps it was to get the post-tour energy out and then take a break. Either way, I know that what they're recording now is likely not Los Unidades. I at least have hopes that this "Conscious Pilot" title is a new song or album track. It sounds a lot more Coldplay than Los Unidades. I've also noticed on their ASCAP list something called "a julalys" (edit: hyped myself up a little there. Was a Norwegian cover of Christmas Lights). So anyways, I know this comment has been a mostly incoherant mess. And I'm going off what I've gathered in like half an hour here, but I think that if this Conscious Pilot thing is a legit title, it's a Coldplay title. I also can't really see half of Coldplay releasing their own tracks. The band is so tight knit. Of course it's possible that they're gonna do a duo called Conscious Pilot (initials would be CP, same as ColdPlay being CP. Coincidence? *insert illuminati sign*) but I feel like it's far more likely that this is a song idea, or perhaps just an album concept. Obviously the band is getting some creative ideas that they feel the need to let out, and start working on to keep busy, and perhaps while Guy and Chris are busy Will and Jon are just getting the groundworks for a song idea down. Perhaps when it was mentioned that "the band is working on both sides of the ocean," it meant that the band has split up into two "teams" temporarily, one half laying the groundworks for the song and then sending the demos overseas, the other half adding vocals and bass. Anyways, the important thing is I dont think this points to a near release, I think it just means theyre getting ideas flowing. I feel like theyre only starting. Theyll keep getting ideas, but wont stick with every single one. Theyll continue to work on stuff when inspiration comes, rather than in the mindset of "we got to work on our next album", and perhaps a half year from now theyll have enough ideas to go into recording. Just a theory. I dont really know what im talking about here guys lol.

Edit: saw this "BLUES JAM SESSION IMPROVISED" on the list as well. Not sure how to check if its new or not. Probably just a live jam. Couldn't find any info on it at all. I hope they get into some bluesy groovy stuff for their next album though. Even with the amount of suave as All I Can Think About Is You would be pretty cool. Yet again, as long as the album isn't low effort mundane pop, I'll be happy. I just want whatever their artistic brains feel the strongest passion for. When I say I want another AROB or Viva, I don't mean I want another album that sounds like that (though I mean I wouldn't mind that). I mean I want something fresh and new and unlike any album they've ever done before. So long as it's not dubstep...

• Like 5

Or hillbilly country or death metal :joy:

Well to be fair Death Will Never Conquer was kinda country-ish. And it would be kind of hilarious seeing Coldplay of all people doing a death metal band. But yeah, agreed. Though I do think that in their Rush of Blood to the Head days they could have easily gone down a more alt metal path afterwards. Like Deftones with accents.

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
Or hillbilly country or death metal :joy:

Well to be fair Death Will Never Conquer was kinda country-ish

Green Eyes is kinda country too. In their early days they had their countryish moments.

I'm gonna be honest I would totally embrace a heavy sound from Coldplay next .Even though I know it's not happening I've been getting into some way heavy stuff recently.

• Like 2

I'd love a collab with Billie Eilish

Not a fan of that idea, to be honest. But tastes differ.

And generally speaking I wish they did at least one album without any collaboration. Just Coldplay. It could even be a self-titled album.

• Like 2

Not a fan of that idea, to be honest. But tastes differ.

And generally speaking I wish they did at least one album without any collaboration. Just Coldplay. It could even be a self-titled album.

Parachutes, A Rush of Blood to the Head, X&Y, Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, and Ghost Stories had no collaborations. Mylo Xyloto, A Head Full of Dreams, Prospekt's March and Kaleidoscope EP are the only releases with other artists.

Parachutes, A Rush of Blood to the Head, X&Y, Viva la Vida or Death and All His Friends, Mylo Xyloto and Ghost Stories had no collaborations. A Head Full of Dreams, Prospekt's March and Kaleidoscope EP are the only releases with other artists.

MX had Rihanna, GS had Avicii. But what I meant is, I want one of the future albums to be entirely without collaborations.

• Like 2

MX had Rihanna, GS had Avicii. But what I meant is, I want one of the future albums to be entirely without collaborations.

Forgot about Princess of China haha, just changed it. I don't know if I'd count A Sky Full of Stars as Avicii isn't a singer, more of a producer/dj

• Like 2

@driftaguy This is a more realistic path Coldplay could take and I'd be completely open to it. IMO she's pushing the boundaries of experimental pop while bringing it into the mainstream. Maybe we'd get the best of both worlds: Coldplay's sublime melody and Billie Eilish's minimal, slightly experimental flavor. Isn't that what so many people wanted on this forum for so long?

Although I suspected @I ran away wouldn't be on board with that, after all there is very little as far as melody goes in her works. Coldplay could always bring that in, though. No disrespect, though. As you said, tastes differ!

About no album collaborations, I'd like to see that in a future album too. Even just once more. I tend to find the more "authentic" artists don't collaborate as much. It's a good idea of course but it's just a trend I've seen where really good music has no features, decent pop music usually has one or two features, or none at all, and all the terrible rap music out there has dozens of features. I know Los Unidades isn't necessarily Coldplay, but combine that with their (IMO) worst work has tons of features per song, and I'd say it's fair to say that at least IMO songs with features usually tend to be worse than songs without features, ironically. You'd think the more people that work on a song the better, but there's some really funny meme somewhere, I can't find it, but it had the lyrics of a song written by either a band or just a single person, which were really poetic. Then they show the song on the right side which has dozens of writers (released on a single name) that just says the same thing over and over LOL. So more people doesn't necessarily mean better music!

About GS' collabs, I'd say you'd also want to throw Jon Hopkins in there as well with Midnight should you count Avicii. I can't remember the precise role he played but I do know he at least made a remix of Midnight and he think he helped with the production somewhat, hence the song's experimental. I don't know whether I'd count either though, because I think Avicii produced ASFOS somewhat and I know that he played the piano on there (or at least did in the first or some version of the song lol), and he even made an unofficial remix of the song (posted on YouTube, there's lots of fake remixes on there and it isn't on iTunes or anything so it's likely a fake but who knows, it might be leaked! Probably some person who managed to make a really good remix IMO out of the song though...... which is surprising considering you'd think fake remixers would overdo it but they really kept their influence on the song down and made it feel real "authentic". So maybe it is a real remix by him, who knows.

What I do know is that Avicii was involved with ASFOS and I do think Jon Hopkins was with Midnight too, but don't quote me on that. But as I said before no one else sings on the album so I don't know whether I'd count either of those people as neither are actual featured collabs.

• Like 6

@driftaguy This is a more realistic path Coldplay could take and I'd be completely open to it. IMO she's pushing the boundaries of experimental pop while bringing it into the mainstream. Maybe we'd get the best of both worlds: Coldplay's sublime melody and Billie Eilish's minimal, slightly experimental flavor. Isn't that what so many people wanted on this forum for so long?

Although I suspected @I ran away wouldn't be on board with that, after all there is very little as far as melody goes in her works. Coldplay could always bring that in, though. No disrespect, though. As you said, tastes differ!

About no album collaborations, I'd like to see that in a future album too. Even just once more. I tend to find the more "authentic" artists don't collaborate as much. It's a good idea of course but it's just a trend I've seen where really good music has no features, decent pop music usually has one or two features, or none at all, and all the terrible rap music out there has dozens of features. I know Los Unidades isn't necessarily Coldplay, but combine that with their (IMO) worst work has tons of features per song, and I'd say it's fair to say that at least IMO songs with features usually tend to be worse than songs without features, ironically. You'd think the more people that work on a song the better, but there's some really funny meme somewhere, I can't find it, but it had the lyrics of a song written by either a band or just a single person, which were really poetic. Then they show the song on the right side which has dozens of writers (released on a single name) that just says the same thing over and over LOL. So more people doesn't necessarily mean better music!

About GS' collabs, I'd say you'd also want to throw Jon Hopkins in there as well with Midnight should you count Avicii. I can't remember the precise role he played but I do know he at least made a remix of Midnight and he think he helped with the production somewhat, hence the song's experimental. I don't know whether I'd count either though, because I think Avicii produced ASFOS somewhat and I know that he played the piano on there (or at least did in the first or some version of the song lol), and he even made an unofficial remix of the song (posted on YouTube, there's lots of fake remixes on there and it isn't on iTunes or anything so it's likely a fake but who knows, it might be leaked! Probably some person who managed to make a really good remix IMO out of the song though...... which is surprising considering you'd think fake remixers would overdo it but they really kept their influence on the song down and made it feel real "authentic". So maybe it is a real remix by him, who knows.

What I do know is that Avicii was involved with ASFOS and I do think Jon Hopkins was with Midnight too, but don't quote me on that. But as I said before no one else sings on the album so I don't know whether I'd count either of those people as neither are actual featured collabs.

Midnight was built over an unreleased track by Jon Hopkins called Amphora

• Like 4

I’ve always thought the Midnight synth sounds similar to the intro synth in ‘Broken Strings’ by James Morrison.

Oh that's a really good song!!! Part of my teenage days were listening to JM too...

Midnight was built over an unreleased track by Jon Hopkins called Amphora

Jon Hopkins said that's not the name for the track! It seems it hadn't a proper title at the time...

Later he said it was called The Fourth State part II, according to the Coldplay Timeline and the GS booklet...

57485358-698147793952364-8811730976657899520-n.jpg

• Like 6

Right, right, now I remember that it was in fact built off of an unreleased JH track. People think it's Amphora but apparently according to Hopkins himself it's not? And now he's saying it's not supposed to be out there "yet"? What? Is he seriously planning to release this sometime in the future? I better keep watching...... :O

This reminds me of what happened with LiT and The Escapist, although Hopkins released his version very close to Coldplay's. It's been around five years and we still haven't seen JH's corresponding track, so I guess we'll have to wait and see......

• Like 2

Right, right, now I remember that it was in fact built off of an unreleased JH track. People think it's Amphora but apparently according to Hopkins himself it's not? And now he's saying it's not supposed to be out there "yet"? What? Is he seriously planning to release this sometime in the future? I better keep watching...... :O

This reminds me of what happened with LiT and The Escapist, although Hopkins released his version very close to Coldplay's. It's been around five years and we still haven't seen JH's corresponding track, so I guess we'll have to wait and see......

Suggest listening to Amphora by John Hopkins on YouTube. Despite him saying otherwise I'm a chinaman if it's not midnight

• Like 2

In my opinion, Billie Ellish is artificially manufactured overhyped trash. This 'project' is so paint-by-numbers, it's not even funny. One Direction for the instagram generation. I really wouldn't like Coldplay to be involved with the likes of her.

• Like 1

In my opinion, Billie Ellish is artificially manufactured overhyped trash. This 'project' is so paint-by-numbers, it's not even funny. One Direction for the instagram generation. I really wouldn't like Coldplay to be involved with the likes of her.

What on earth are you on about? She wrote the songs with her brother who produced them. They recorded the songs at home too apparently. Yet you're comparing her to a boyband that was put together on a singing show and had many of their hits written for them?

• Like 4

What on earth are you on about? She wrote the songs with her brother who produced them. They recorded the songs at home too apparently. Yet you're comparing her to a boyband that was put together on a singing show and had many of their hits written for them?
Yeah like her or hate her, you've got to admit she has a unique look that works for her.

Also to anyone who doesn't care for most of her stuff, check out Ocean Eyes. I enjoy that one a lot.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 2

With the greatest respect, this isn’t a Billie Eilish fan forum. I don’t have any strong feelings about her music either way, but everyone is entitled to their own musical taste, and the genre and target audience of her music is not the same as Coldplay’s.

• Like 3

With the greatest respect, this isn’t a Billie Eilish fan forum

Damn, misclicked again. I thought I was on Billieeilishing.com

:rolleyes:

Now on a serious note: I don't bear any grudge against B.E. but I listened to her latest album after everyone was so hyped on Twitter, and couldn't even make it through the first couple of songs because the weird effects were very straining on the ears ! I don't say her...sound...isn't authentic or anything but it doesn't sound like music to my ears, at least.

• Like 5

With the greatest respect, this isn’t a Billie Eilish fan forum. I don’t have any strong feelings about her music either way, but everyone is entitled to their own musical taste, and the genre and target audience of her music is not the same as Coldplay’s.

I don't think @driftaguy is trying to turn this into a Billie Eilish fan forum. They were just explaining to @pansonic how Billie Eilish is probably not "artificially manufactured overhyped trash". I couldn't see how she could be compared to 1D in any way, shape or form, besides being in a broad pop category (I say this liking a lot of 1D songs btw).

BE's sound definitely isn't for everyone however. That's how experimental music, and music in general, is. I can see how some people would find her weird sound effects harsh and wouldn't like the music as a whole. It's not for everybody, different people have different tastes. Same goes with pop music, rock, metal, you name it. People will be repelled by certain sounds and attracted to others, that's just the way it is. I tend to be open-minded and like a lot of stuff in general but that doesn't mean everyone has to be, people like what they like and that's that.

We can't objectively call music "trash" just because we don't like it. Even with a manufactured band like 1D, that doesn't necessarily mean the music itself is bad. I know most people on here don't like it, I do, so what? It's less legitimate and I can acknowledge that. Its a polished, mainstream, commercial product for the masses. As long as I admit that I'm in the clear. I can appreciate that certain forms of music are more creative and take more time and effort and come from a more legitimate place. And usually I'll be drawn to listening to those kinds of stuff more. But not if I personally don't enjoy it. What sounds good to my ears comes first, objectivism comes second. In this sense people can like whatever they want and that's not wrong. It certainly doesn't degrade them as a person, and a person who doesn't like it can't say it's objectively bad for humanity or that anybody who likes it is a terrible person. As before we all have different taste and as long as we're not using them to harm others it's entirely fine to like what we like. And that's that. :)

Also I'd say 1D is partially big in the IG generation, their solo members now are doing fairly well. About their "legitimacy" I think I read their more recent albums were less influenced by producers and they kinda took it more in a direction they wanted to take it in. I think a lot of songs were still written by different people but again I do think I remember reading that they did some more work on the album themselves. Not to say their popularity and big hits weren't manufactured and not to say they still aren't being influenced, but they probably do enjoy listening to and making pop music somewhat. Unless they're still totally money-driven, which I highly doubt if they're saying they're having more control over their work and it's still mostly pop.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I initially thought it was gonna be some fake recreation of an "unreleased" song but that sounds interesting.

Somebody lemme know if a better quality version of this becomes available. Not that YouTube quality will stop me from getting these unreleased songs. :D

This is also interesting, and probably totally unreleated but I remember an artist by the name of "The Racer" making a cover of Amazing Day and I think another AHFOD song some time back..... Just a similar song title and artist name lol. Prob just a coincidence

• Like 1