✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

How do we know Ken is legit? Did he predict (Coldplay) stuff in the past?

I’ve been following the efestivals forum for the last few months, and he’s highly regarded there. I don’t know if he’s directly linked to Livenation but he has been sharing a lot of clues on future bands and details on the negotiation process between bands and EU (mainly Belgian) festivals.

He’s been active for one year or so only, so not much Coldplay stuff to share regarding festivals, apart from this post last month:

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/230017-rock-werchter-2020/?do=findComment&comment=5772387

« If Herman has the chance to book them for RW or one of his day festivals ... he would not think twice. Werchter was the first festival in Europe, not UK, that put Coldplay high on their line up (co headliner 2002, only with parachutes), that is something that the agent and management of the band still remembers… »

He’s been spreading the word that Werchter wants Coldplay for the last few weeks so I highly doubt that his today's post comes out of nowhere. I could be completely mistaken but I'm sure he's legit and highly regarded by the efestivals community.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

I’ve been following the efestivals forum for the last few months, and he’s highly regarded there. I don’t know if he’s directly linked to Livenation but he has been sharing a lot of clues on future bands and details on the negotiation process between bands and EU (mainly Belgian) festivals.

He’s been active for one year or so only, so not much Coldplay stuff to share regarding festivals, apart from this post last month:

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/230017-rock-werchter-2020/?do=findComment&comment=5772387

« If Herman has the chance to book them for RW or one of his day festivals ... he would not think twice. Werchter was the first festival in Europe, not UK, that put Coldplay high on their line up (co headliner 2002, only with parachutes), that is something that the agent and management of the band still remembers… »

He’s been spreading the word that Werchter wants Coldplay for the last few weeks so I highly doubt that his today's post comes out of nowhere. I could be completely mistaken but I'm sure he's legit and highly regarded by the efestivals community.

Thanks for that, very informative! You were just following them by chance for the past few months? How lucky!

• Like 1

Sorry, still trying to sum all the info. So, what are the dates to watch at this point?

Friday October 18 (as per the efestivals leaker)

Monday October 21 (Tidal Festival)

Friday November 22 (as per the poster)

Am I missing anything? They have some sort of music video shoot, but I didn't hear a date for that. The poster will go back up on the 17th, but not sure if something else will happen that day.

• Like 2

Also, @jc90

according to ColdplayXtra on Twitter, sources said the poster that showed up in Sao Paulo yesterday were meant to appear on thursday, 17th October instead of yesterday. Hopefully, the poster will show up then!

It's funny because Noel's first solo album was released on October 17th 2011 (almost exactly 8 years ago).

• Like 3

according to ColdplayXtra on Twitter, sources said the poster that showed up in Sao Paulo yesterday were meant to appear on thursday, 17th October instead of yesterday. Hopefully, the poster will show up then!

Thanks, I think I ninja edited right before you posted this, hah

Looking like another era is about to begin! Been here since the pre X&Y rumors and release. Gotta say, this never gets old! I've always wanted the band to do something "experimental". I really just want them to expand their creative wings and really be free to try anything! Super excited though! Time to sit back and enjoy this ride!

• Like 3

I hope and think we might get a teaser on thursday (if the source's legit) or friday , a new song on monday (21st October) along with a surprise performance for Tidal X and then a month later the album on November 22nd(if the poster is true). That's how I see it. Well, it looks quite logical, doesn't it....

• Like 2

I hope and think we might get a teaser on thursday or friday (if the poster is true), a new song on monday (21st October) along with a surprise performance for Tidal X and then a month later the album on November 22nd. That's how I see it. Well, it looks quite logical, doesn't it....

If there is a new song this week it will be a Friday release. Then they will perform it live next week.

• Like 2

So no chance of a song release on monday next week?

I'm not sure they would publish a teaser + a new single on the same day?

most song releases are Friday these days. I think most likely Thursday night we get the poster/teaser and the single on Friday

• Like 3

most song releases are Friday these days. I think most likely Thursday night we get the poster/teaser and the single on Friday

Indeed, that makes sense.

And the song release would be around 4pm - 5pm London time, I suppose. Okay, the teaser the night before. I hope there will be long enough time to prepare ourselves before a song's dropping (if we already got a teaser).

• Like 3

I feel like this upcoming album has been in the works for a long time.

I bet they worked on it throughout the AHFOD tour, and have spent multiple years working on it as sort of a "side project". Since it's an experimental album, they wanted to take a lot of time to get it right, then probably started to put it together and finish it earlier this year. Mat Whitecross talked about doing something surprising basically during the tail end of the AHFOD era... and of course Chris' comment at the last show about only being full of surprises...

Then the more mainstream album they are preparing for 2020 they probably just started working on recently, and will release mid-late 2020. It probably won't take too long to put together, assuming Chris has a handful of ideas accumulated over the last couple years in various stages of production with the band.

• Like 10

Seems I picked a good time to pop back into this place. :eek:

I feel like this upcoming album has been in the works for a long time.

I bet they worked on it throughout the AHFOD tour, and have spent multiple years working on it as sort of a "side project". Since it's an experimental album, they wanted to take a lot of time to get it right, then probably started to put it together and finish it earlier this year. Mat Whitecross talked about doing something surprising basically during the tail end of the AHFOD era... and of course Chris' comment at the last show about only being full of surprises...

Then the more mainstream album they are preparing for 2020 they probably just started working on recently, and will release mid-late 2020. It probably won't take too long to put together, assuming Chris has a handful of ideas accumulated over the last couple years in various stages of production with the band.

So I'm seeing a rumor right now about a track called The Race, and this title has been floating around since 2013. Supposedly it was one of the instrumental background tracks in the AHFOD film but I don't think that was ever confirmed.

1506280414_ScreenShot2019-10-15at11_07_31PM.png.3d43647cc692688efb126a165120adff.png

Source:

• Like 2

Seems I picked a good time to pop back into this place. :eek:

So I'm seeing a rumor right now about a track called The Race, and this title has been floating around since 2013. Supposedly it was one of the instrumental background tracks in the AHFOD film but I don't think that was ever confirmed.

[ATTACH type=full]9306[/ATTACH]

Source:

It was confirmed, as stated in the credits of the film.

• Like 5

It was confirmed, as stated in the credits of the film.

Ahh, thank you. Don't remember seeing that in the credits, but I'll look again.

But knowing this makes me skeptical. It's possible the track was included as an easter egg, to hint at an eventual release. It's possible they didn't intend to use it again but ended up changing their mind. And it's also entirely possible that the rumor is illegitimate and the person who came up with it is just using an old track name to sound convincing.

On another note, Fools Gold is an interesting choice for a title, since the phrase appears in the lyrics of Birds.

• Like 4

I saw an interesting theory in the Discord. What if the album is called "1919"? Their poster doesn't say "22 November 1919", but rather "22 November, 1919". What if we're supposed to read this the same way as if it were to say "4 December, A Head Full of Dreams"?

I mean, that Kirboh person's information, including "Fool's Gold", hasn't been proven right yet. All they did was predict that the teasers would start this week, but more people (including myself) did that based on the rumors of a November album release and the rumors of a surprise appearance with a the new single at Tidal Rock the Vote next Monday.

• Like 7

I

I saw an interesting theory in the Discord. What if the album is called "1919"? Their poster doesn't say "22 November 1919", but rather "22 November, 1919". What if we're supposed to read this the same way as if it were to say "4 December, A Head Full of Dreams"?

I mean, that Kirboh person's information, including "Fool's Gold", hasn't been proven right yet. All they did was predict that the teasers would start this week, but more people (including myself) did that based on the rumors of a November album release and the rumors of a surprise appearance with a the new single at Tidal Rock the Vote next Monday.

I did wonder why they chose 1919 and not another year. They could have gone for 1819 really.

There must be a reason why it’s 1919 so you could be onto something about it being the name of the album. It’s certainly very sneaky of them if that’s the case.