✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

On Discord it is said that kirboh is a well-known figure on Coldplaying :scream:

I think it's Batman. We haven't seen her for a while. So yes i think Kirboh is she. I remember her made an interview with the band so she has connections with the band. Maybe she has a role for band. I don't know...

• Like 6
  • Wow 2

I think it's Batman. We haven't seen her for a while. So yes i think Kirboh is she. I remember her made an interview with the band so she has connections with the band. Maybe she has a role for band. I don't know...

As an ex-member of the forum team, IIRC, that interview was not set up by Batman. She happened to be geographically closest to where the band was. If Coldplay was in Toronto, I would be the one doing that interview. Neither of us have direction connections to the band.

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

I hope you're wrong too.... but this poster confirms nothing about Fool's Gold.

The only thing that will get me to hop on the Kirboh "one way train" is an official announcement/single that matches the leak. For all we know, this poster is advertising an album called 1919 haha

Though how cool would it be if they did a time travel concept album and every song was from a different era? Mission A.B.O.R.T. would be the song from 2119.

EDIT: Did Kirboh start saying One Way Train will have a banjo in it only after seeing this poster? If so, then I'm on your train, JC90. This person's totally bullcrapping.

Well Back to the Future is Chris' favourite movie

• Like 2

• Administrators

As an ex-member of the forum team, IIRC, that interview was not set up by Batman. She happened to be geographically closest to where the band was. If Coldplay was in Toronto, I would be the one doing that interview. Neither of us have direction connections to the band.

That is correct. It would have been the owner who interviewed them but we were transitioning from the old owner to me at that point which was a lengthy process. For full transparency that interview was setup by Phil and Debs, neither of which would leak information to Coldplaying. I can assure you this person isn’t a Coldplaying team member!

• Like 5

Batman didn't seem to be really part of their scene at all, but it might be they connected her

That is correct. It would have been the owner who interviewed them but we were transitioning from the old owner to me at that point which was a lengthy process. For full transparency that interview was setup by Phil and Debs, neither of which would leak information to Coldplaying. I can assure you this person isn’t a Coldplaying team member!

I'm 100% with Stephen here.

• Like 3

For everyone who didnt have time to follow along today, Stephen has a nice summary of today's news

https://coldplaying.com/coldplay-tease-new-album-mysterious-poster/

One question I have though, I might have missed it, can someone link to the efestivals poster Ken19's post about the single this Friday?

edit: here it is

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/230017-rock-werchter-2020/page/20/?tab=comments#comment-5792047

How do we know Ken is legit? Did he predict (Coldplay) stuff in the past?

• Like 1

Just a random LP8 thought that the poster brought up, specifically the Nietzsche -looking dude with the saxophone.

I really hope that Coldplay collaborates with more session artists to their upcoming releases and live performances. Their music is usually really rich with extra instrumentation they've recorded, or recorded by Davide Rossi, Daniel Greene, Brian Eno, etc. -- but some of my huge disappointment with AHFOD is that it teased other instruments (horns on HFTW, saxophone on AHFOD) but they never came through in an organic way. In fact, I'm pretty sure those sounds were electronically added. That definitely wasn't the case on one of their most underrated tracks, Now My Feet Won't Touch The Ground.

Other artists like Arcade Fire, Talking Heads, Bruce Springsteen, The 1975, aren't afraid to bring other artists into the studio to record live tracks with extra horns, strings, drums etc. Idk why Coldplay's always avoided bringing other instrumentalists on stage. As a result, HFTW live was the weakest song on their last tour without real horns or backup singers, imo.

So whatever this new music is, I hope it can sound LARGER than just 4 guys -- because 4 guys can only do so much.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

• Administrators

For everyone who didnt have time to follow along today, Stephan has a nice summary of today's news

https://coldplaying.com/coldplay-tease-new-album-mysterious-poster/

One question I have though, I might have missed it, can someone link to the efestivals poster Ken19's post about the single this Friday?

edit: here it is

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/230017-rock-werchter-2020/page/20/?tab=comments#comment-5792047

How do we know Ken is legit? Did he predict (Coldplay) stuff in the past?

Thank you ☺️

Apparently Ken19 is a well known insider. I’ve heard he is a live nation employee.

• Like 2