✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Unfortunately, Coldplay's poster that was spotted less than 12 hours ago is removed now.

Credits to user aboutnando on Discord for going to find out if the poster was still there

I was thinking: Maybe they have waited till the pictures were shared on social media and eventually decided to remove the poster (and hang it up somewhere else)??????

ColdplayXtra are now reporting that station personnel said the poster was taken down because it was put up too early. It should've gone up Thursday the 17th.

• Like 2

ColdplayXtra are now reporting that station personnel said the poster was taken down because it was put up too early. It should've gone up Thursday the 17th.

I know, I was actually thinking that metro station staff should have hang it up on friday the 25th. Maybe the staff thought it said the 15th instead of 25th?

• Like 1

From Discord: One Way Train has a tempo similar to Hurts Like Heaven

This is just as similar as when someone during the LP7 discussions stated that "HFTW has the same tempo as Violet Hill" and we all know how that turned out

• Like 8

I know, I was actually thinking that it should have hang it up on friday the 25th. Maybe the staff thought it said the 15th instead of 25th?

Okay, I just saw the latest update on ColdplayXtra that according to staff the poster was meant to appear on the 17th this month, on a thursday apparently.

Okay, I just saw the latest update on ColdplayXtra that according to staff the poster was meant to appear on the 17th this month, on a thursday apparently.

That sounds quite logical. Teasers on Thursday, single Friday and then the album announcement on Friday or early next week. But I do wonder where ColdplayXtra got that information from. Nando from Discord fed them the empty poster space photo's and said on Discord that the station personnel told him it shouldn't have been put up for another couple of weeks. So I wonder if ColdplayXtra made that 17th up themselves or if they have another source at Paulista Station.

That sounds quite logical. Teasers on Thursday, single Friday and then the album announcement on Friday or early next week. But I do wonder where ColdplayXtra got that information from. Nando from Discord fed them the empty poster space photo's and said on Discord that the station personnel told him it shouldn't have been put up for another couple of weeks. So I wonder if ColdplayXtra made that 17th up themselves or if they have another source at Paulista Station.

Exactly, who is that "thursday the 17th" source . . . . .

By the way, are we sure it's Nietzsche in that picture? They date it as 22 November 1919, but Nietzsche died in 1900. Isn't there a similarly moustached musician from that era who was alive in 1919 and better fits the Fool's Gold theme?

• Like 2

Coming back from my personal hibernation to see this... Truly interesting and exciting!

Also, I'm sharing with you a world exclusive! The working process for this new album, since 1906 to 1919... :joy:

How is it possible to watch a private video in the first place???

Anyway, thanks for sharing this video! It's so funny. I knew they made the video but had never seen it in high quality.

Jonny's last sentence ''I predict railways will be big in the future'' is hilarious :joy:

• Like 2

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/230017-rock-werchter-2020/page/20/#comments

Ken19 also announces "Friday news about new music Coldplay" on the Werchter forum! He's a legit insider when it comes to EU festivals and I'm yet to see him fail a prediction.

This is looking good...

that's basically the biggest confirmation we can get, that guy is 200% sure a Live Nation insider

• Like 4

How is it possible to watch a private video in the first place???

You can see it if you have the link. The same happens with the first AOAL video we got (not the official MV). I got the link for that specific video from the Timeline.

• Like 1

What if Kirboh was a band member maybe he’s Chris do you remember when Chris announced about AHFOD and the band members got mad at him maybe he’s Kirboh so the band members don’t know about him

Yeah, it passed from my mind that kirboh could be someone from the band's HQ, but I can't imagine kirboh being one of the band members.

• Like 1

Let me pop my head in and say...im glad I was wrong!

I hope you're wrong too.... but this poster confirms nothing about Fool's Gold.

The only thing that will get me to hop on the Kirboh "one way train" is an official announcement/single that matches the leak. For all we know, this poster is advertising an album called 1919 haha

Though how cool would it be if they did a time travel concept album and every song was from a different era? Mission A.B.O.R.T. would be the song from 2119.

EDIT: Did Kirboh start saying One Way Train will have a banjo in it only after seeing this poster? If so, then I'm on your train, JC90. This person's totally bullcrapping.

• Like 1

Everyone,

I have seen eras from VLVADAAHF onwards and first of all, I've got to say we have to congratulate ourselves - we are surely the best fan forum in the world. So many people notice little details it's crazy. Anytime Coldplay the band feel down, they just have to get here and see what is being written.

Enormous love and respect for members of this forum!!

And then to the usual "analysis" of the picture. Are we sure this is Nietzsche? I've never heard of him playing a sax.

Chris holds an instrument from what I see.

Whatever is going on, it is just a reminder to everybody that the hibernation of Coldplay is really an illusion. While we all think Chris is alone in LA and the band are in London or whatever drinking their tea, it looks like they've been hard at work separately and a bit together, a little bit like for AHFOD.

I think all the rumours flying in cannot be true. Hence the official tracklist when all is revealed I'm positive will not be the same as the one mentioned. Even if it were, if the album is still not completely done, they might still change some things, include or exclude a song or two, change the tracklist..

However, this has been the longest pause ever. Two years almost from the end of the last tour. They could be quite raring to go!!

What a time to be a Coldplay fan :)))

• Like 6

I hope you're wrong too.... but this poster confirms nothing about Fool's Gold.

The only thing that will get me to hop on the Kirboh "one way train" is an official announcement/single that matches the leak. For all we know, this poster is advertising an album called 1919 haha

Though how cool would it be if they did a time travel concept album and every song was from a different era? Mission A.B.O.R.T. would be the song from 2119.

EDIT: Did Kirboh start saying One Way Train will have a banjo in it only after seeing this poster? If so, then I'm on your train, JC90. This person's totally bullcrapping.

There are so many holes in his story that I have a hard time believing the majority of what was said. One of my favorite all-time mannerisms by ‘leakers’ is when they reveal details about an album or a song in detail only after something else had come out publicly. In this case, Kirboh acted as a mysterious figure last week when posted the alleged tracklist, but then spent hours on a Discord server answering nearly every question he was asked after the poster was revealed. Why the sudden change in personality?

Better yet, Kirboh spent more time being like “lol I was right fuck you” than trying to give proper clues. And, speaking of the clues, they all followed the information the poster revealed. He could certainly be correct, but it just seems too well timed to have him suddenly dive deep into what to expect.

• Like 1