✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

The more I read and think about everything, the more I feel that we are on the wrong track when we expect an album soon.

Exactly, a month ago, we wouldve been happy with the Nov 2020 timeline. We're getting a bit greedy here!

• Like 3

As to the 'track list' I was sure right away it was fake, because never before have they released a track list weeks or months before an album. And 'Messiah' sounds so un-Colplay like.

And why should Noel walk past the Bakery and not go in if he had something to do with the band? He probably lives in the neighbourhood.

What’s funny is that Noel recently sold his home in London and moved to the suburbs, near to where I’m from. That makes me think he was involved with Coldplay since he was so close to the Bakery.

• Like 5

The boys just shot a short clip on the beach or rather Will, Guy and Jonny did with Chris watching them. The next day Chris was off to sing for some charity events and the three others probably flew home.

As to the 'track list' I was sure right away it was fake, because never before have they released a track list weeks or months before an album. And 'Messiah' sounds so un-Colplay like.

And why should Noel walk past the Bakery and not go in if he had something to do with the band? He probably lives in the neighbourhood.

We still don't know it's all fake. There was a rumored tracklist and title name floating around before the release of X&Y too (turned out not be all correct but I think some of the track titles were).

Actually all 4 of them shot the video, Chris is also on the pic (at the piano, hidden by Jonny).

And this is not the first video shot, another one was shot in Paris in summer.

A Noel collab could be for the more mainstream LP9 next year. The rumors do say they are working on LP9 at the moment.

• Like 7

So I was just walking back from my millionth (failed) trip to the Bakery..and who do I see walking right past me just up the road? Noel Gallagher..hoping that means something is happening!

Wait...... Did you see NOEL????!!!!!!

Now I am hoping for (a) great alternative track(s) to appear on Coldplay's new LP!!!!! I really hope this means they have already done something together for the next LP. This is exciting.

For those who are thinking why am I reacting like this, I am a big fan of Noel and His High Flying Birds as you can probably tell, he has written amazing, brilliant songs with the High Flying Birds. My custom title etc. explains it all.

Okay, enough Noel Gallagher talk.

I would love to see a Coldplay song featuring Noel Gallagher, aka. the Chief. My 2 favourite artists. A collab between Noel and Coldplay would just satisfy me.

• Like 2

Okay, enough Noel Gallagher talk.

I would love to see a Coldplay song featuring Noel Gallagher, aka. the Chief. My 2 favourite artists. A collab between Noel and Coldplay would just satisfy me.

I was so overwhelmed that I just froze and didn’t ask for a picture or anything. Do you realise that he wrote and performed the second

guitar solo on Up&Up?

• Like 4

I can understand the general skepticism around this supposed tracklist leak, like "how could they have gotten it?" etc but three things stand out that make me think this could be real. The first is, four songs on the tracklist start with the same letter- M. We know that every Coldplay album has had this occur. Secondly, when you add up the supposed length of each song, it comes out to ~42:30. Chris said that around 42 minutes is the sweet spot for an album release. We've seen that on each album since Viva la Vida.. Thirdly, Johnny's verse guitar on "Adventure of a Lifetime" sounds like Nile Roger's guitar on "Get Lucky." It wouldn't be surprising to see them collaborate with someone they take influence from. It's also conceivable that the leaker is a longtime fan and knew both factoids about Coldplay but I genuinely think this could be real for these several reasons.

• Like 1

I can understand the general skepticism around this supposed tracklist leak, like "how could they have gotten it?" etc but three things stand out that make me think this could be real. The first is, four songs on the tracklist start with the same letter- M. We know that every Coldplay album has had this occur. Secondly, when you add up the supposed length of each song, it comes out to ~42:30. Chris said that around 42 minutes is the sweet spot for an album release. We've seen that on each album since Viva la Vida.. Thirdly, Johnny's verse guitar on "Adventure of a Lifetime" sounds like Nile Roger's guitar on "Get Lucky." It wouldn't be surprising to see them collaborate with someone they take influence from. It's also conceivable that the leaker is a longtime fan and knew both factoids about Coldplay but I genuinely think this could be real for these several reasons.

Yeah, as you say the problem is that if I knew Coldplay and wanted to make a fake but believable tracklist I'd construct it exactly the same way...

Only time will tell I guess.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Hey guys, I just heard this new rumour. Heres the REAL tracklist

Album is called Time Will Tell

1. So Be It - 3:39

2. Most of the Way - 4:12

3. Mine - 3:55

4. Only (Time Will Tell ) - 4:11

5. Momentary Lapse (Hidden Track: Let's Get On) - 7:24

6. Foolish Feat. Magne Furuholmen - 3:33

7. Carry On - 3:16

8. Why Not Us - 3:43

9. Make Us Sing - 4:20

10. Don't Ask Why - 3:59

11. All She Wrote - 0:42

Its gonna be released this Friday, if not this Friday then the next, if not then, then perhaps the next one, if not then, then keep checking until November 2020. Also, tracklist not done yet, so it could change completely from what I just wrote here hehehehehe. Also, special bonus tracks to Japan. Also, touring starts somewhere between 2020 and 2099. Also, double album, or triple, or maybe just the one album, or not, yknow...Also, everything can change from what I just said, but you can trust me tho

• Like 3
  • Haha 4
  • Wow 2

Its gonna be released this Friday, if not this Friday then the next, if not then, then perhaps the next one, if not then, then keep checking until November 2020. Also, tracklist not done yet, so it could change completely from what I just wrote here hehehehehe. Also, special bonus tracks to Japan. Also, touring starts somewhere between 2020 and 2099. Also, double album, or triple, or maybe just the one album, or not, yknow...Also, everything can change from what I just said, but you can trust me tho

I would trust you with my life!

I feel like this made up tracklist has some Pink Floyd rip-offs

• Haha 2

I would trust you with my life!

I feel like this made up tracklist has some Pink Floyd rip-offs

If you send me your credit card number, with expiration date and 3 digits on the back, it helps the band release it quicker. They told me so just a few days ago!

Hah, I had to use some titles and lyrics from my own band actually, was running out of ideas.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

If you send me your credit card number, with expiration date and 3 digits on the back, it helps the band release it quicker. They told me so just a few days ago!

Hah, I had to use some titles and lyrics from my own band actually, was running out of ideas.

Nice I don’t think anything could possibly go wrong with that!

Yeah I could tell :p

So cool you’re in a band tho

• Like 3

That's fair. I never said it was impossible it was fake. Just that if it were real, you would also expect certain things. The rumors also say this album is supposed to be "artsy" and "experimental." No artist defines words like that like Daft Punk does. Could also be the perfect artist to fit your tracklist to

• Like 2

That's fair. I never said it was impossible it was fake. Just that if it were real, you would also expect certain things. The rumors also say this album is supposed to be "artsy" and "experimental." No artist defines words like that like Daft Punk does. Could also be the perfect artist to fit your tracklist to

Fair enough. I just wanted to demonstrate how quick and easy faking that was. We all want to believe it, but we cant let that cloud our judgement and logic.

• Like 3

Nice I don’t think anything could possibly go wrong with that!

Yeah I could tell :p

So cool you’re in a band tho

Well, I was, but we're on hiatus since the guitarist got the drummer pregnant! Not even joking!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Wow 5

I was so overwhelmed that I just froze and didn’t ask for a picture or anything. Do you realise that he wrote and performed the second

guitar solo on Up&Up?

Do you really think I did not know that?

;)

Of course I know, but thanks for mentioning.

But the thing is, I would love to hear a song that is 50% written by Noel and 50% written by Coldplay or Noel and Coldplay write a song based on an idea they have thought about together and eventually see it all put together! You know what I mean? Up&Up was great as well, but the only thing Noel did on the track was a little/unremarkable guitar riff/solo near the end. It is a nice guitar solo but I know he is able to do even better things!

• Like 4

Well... Lets not spiral in either direction yet, I'll say. One thing I expect to happen: them playing on Tidal's show. They normally don't retweet such concerts and especially the fact that the poster specifically says surprise performances, just adds to this.

Now, they may or may not play a new song but I choose to believe ( XD ) that they won't resurface together after such a long time without anything new to say.

Finally, if they do play a new song, releasing it on Friday is very much up in the air for me... Given that it is supposed to be a surprise performance -- its legitimately possible that they dont release anything.

Hence, in conclusion, according to me these are the probabilities:

Playing for Tidal (80%) --> Playing new songs given they play on Tidal (80%) --> releasing it this friday given that they intend to play something new (50%) --> Teasing it this week (20-30%)

So, yeah. Dunno... but I'm just a little optimistic.

• Like 2

^fair enough. I was trying to be extreme the other direction to average it all out! But yeah, we gotta pump our brakes a little.

Numbers seem a bit high to me, but perhaps im a bit more pessimistic. Id put them all closer to a 30% chance.

• Like 1

Well... Lets not spiral in either direction yet, I'll say. One thing I expect to happen: them playing on Tidal's show. They normally don't retweet such concerts and especially the fact that the poster specifically says surprise performances, just adds to this.

Now, they may or may not play a new song but I choose to believe ( XD ) that they won't resurface together after such a long time without anything new to say.

Finally, if they do play a new song, releasing it on Friday is very much up in the air for me... Given that it is supposed to be a surprise performance -- its legitimately possible that they dont release anything.

Hence, in conclusion, according to me these are the probabilities:

Playing for Tidal (80%) --> Playing new songs given they play on Tidal (80%) --> releasing it this friday given that they intend to play something new (50%) --> Teasing it this week (20-30%)

So, yeah. Dunno... but I'm just a little optimistic.

I agree with this however remember that we said the same thing about the iHeartRadio festival back in 2015. They didn't end up playing anything new there, BUT they also hadn't been gone for too long at that point so I think our chances are good.

Also what if they just retweeted it because of their stake in Tidal? Can we check on every other artist who invested in Tidal to see if they retweeted the event as well?

My new prediction is they will play the event on Monday and we will see an announcement for a single to be released the following Friday (the 25th). Although I could see it being November 1st as well... We'll have to wait and see but it's exciting that we can get a teaser/announcement any day now!

Also is the Tidal event being streamed?

Edit:

Also I always love guessing which page the thread will be on when an official teaser drops or there is an official announcement. Any guesses? I'm feeling 67 at the moment.

• Like 3

Apparently someone spotted this in a São Paulo metro station

Omg feeling the hype I am so excitedddd. I love how they are leaving little clues like that like they have done in the past! There is no doubt that we are gonna hear something new from them before 2019 ends

• Like 5