✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

I think a Coldplay album produced by Noel Gallagher would be a dream of mine come true.

I’m reluctantly hoping on the hype train once again, since MX I’ve been waiting for an Oldplay/Alternative album.

I’m cautiously optimistic that even if it’s not classic Coldplay sounding, LP 8 will deliver a lot more than the last two releases.

• Like 5

Just spent an hour catching up on the thread. Hello everybody!

Fool's gold looks more and more promising! And a leak not from Chris? Maybe the album will be experimental. For real.

I’d also like to add that there is a very famous, genre defining britpop song by The Stone Roses called “Fools Gold”

Maybe getting a bit ahead of myself already, but I could definitely see an “arty” Coldplay album being a shoegaze/electronic mashup in the vein of A Spell A Rebel Yell would be fantastic.

One thing I have learned with Coldplay that is with each new album they love to make a statement. I can just imagine the look on the haters faces if they dropped a proper old play album.

To me it all hinges on how the album is produced. We all know too well how some of the newer Coldplay tunes are ruined by horrendous candy floss production. I remember being very excited about Up&Up when the song was first played live and Noel Gallagher was a co-writer, however the studio version of the song sounds like something you’d expect to hear from a Chainsmokers album (not to mention the single version that cuts out half the guitar solo)

These production decisions have killed Coldplay in the last 5-6 years.

• Like 7

EDIT: What's CM holding? (A sack of gold or am I just hyperventilating?)

Now that Fool's Gold is aaaalmost confirmed, I hope that the Daft Punk song is real aswell...

Edit: And oh my god I am so hyped!!!! Have a great day guys, mine will be awesome now!

• Like 4

Kirboh on discord just say "No not like Viva totally, Definitely some Viva vibes, But from what I heard only X&Y/AHFOD is best mix comparison I can think of"

New single friday : One way train this Friday and then live performance of one way train at rock the vote tidal. Contain banjo, tempo of Hurts like heaven

• Like 5
  • Wow 2

W

Kirboh on discord just say "No not like Viva totally, Definitely some Viva vibes, But from what I heard only X&Y/AHFOD is best mix comparison I can think of"

New single friday : One way train this Friday and then live performance of one way train at rock the vote tidal. Contain banjo, tempo of Hurts like heaven

With that picture of the band, I can’t see X&Y/AHFOD influence at all!

• Like 3

Unfortunately, Coldplay's poster that was spotted less than 12 hours ago is removed now.

Credits to user aboutnando on Discord for going to find out if the poster was still there

I was thinking: Maybe they have waited till the pictures were shared on social media and eventually decided to remove the poster (and hang it up somewhere else)??????

• Wow 1
  • Sad 1