✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Well, I think it would be something similar to Viva la Vida.

Viva la Vida is about French Revolution 1789-1815 (with napoleonic wars). So, 1919 is a god date (the end of the WWI and a lot of changes in Europe). The world in 1815 was very different from before french revolution, and the world in 1919 was very different from the prewar world. It makes sense.

In the picture we can see old instruments like in Viva. And the cloths of the pictures in Malibu remember me to Viva la Vida and post Viva.

We will see in the next days...

• Like 2

Seems I picked a good time to pop back into this place. :eek:

So I'm seeing a rumor right now about a track called The Race, and this title has been floating around since 2013. Supposedly it was one of the instrumental background tracks in the AHFOD film but I don't think that was ever confirmed.

[ATTACH=full]9306[/ATTACH]

Source:

Oh, I totally forgot The Race was once (before the release of GS) on Ghost Stories' tracklist :eek:

• Like 1

I saw an interesting theory in the Discord. What if the album is called "1919"? Their poster doesn't say "22 November 1919", but rather "22 November, 1919". What if we're supposed to read this the same way as if it were to say "4 December, A Head Full of Dreams"?

I mean, that Kirboh person's information, including "Fool's Gold", hasn't been proven right yet. All they did was predict that the teasers would start this week, but more people (including myself) did that based on the rumors of a November album release and the rumors of a surprise appearance with a the new single at Tidal Rock the Vote next Monday.

There’s a movie in 1919 called Fools Gold, I don’t know if it has anything to do with the upcoming album or why that name and date in particular.

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/232175-pinkpop-2020/?do=findComment&comment=5792998

"Now this friday, the first single will be released. Another single and the album are coming in november. Typical Coldplay we will get a lot of promo in advance of the release."

Still mentions a single this friday. There's also interesting stuff regarding a festival tour that could have taken place this summer.

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/232175-pinkpop-2020/?do=findComment&comment=5792998

"Now this friday, the first single will be released. Another single and the album are coming in november. Typical Coldplay we will get a lot of promo in advance of the release."

Still mentions a single this friday. There's also interesting stuff regarding a festival tour that could have taken place this summer.

You know... promising as this is... I have this nagging feeling that the Kirboh discourse has taken over the media to a degree that everyone and everything is being influenced by it...

However, if Ken has other better sources (which hopefully is the case) then we are practically confirmed something new in 48 hours!

• Like 3

I understand your feelings and it also crossed my mind. But what I like here is that he's not just giving a release date as other did, but also some insights (somewhat vague, but he can't reveal everything ofc) on the band touring plans. From what I've read from him in the last few weeks it definitely opens the door for a Werchter date for instance.

At least with the Sao Paulo poster we're almost certain the LP is coming on November 22.

ColdplayCorner also mentioned yesterday that the single would be delayed until Friday 25th IIRC. One of their members came on the Discord saying they have their sources. I don't know what to think, I assume that last minute delays happen in the industry...

• Like 4

I understand your feelings and it also crossed my mind. But what I like here is that he's not just giving a release date as other did, but also some insights (somewhat vague, but he can't reveal everything ofc) on the band touring plans. From what I've read from him in the last few weeks it definitely opens the door for a Werchter date for instance.

At least with the Sao Paulo poster we're almost certain the LP is coming on November 22.

ColdplayCorner also mentioned yesterday that the single would be delayed until Friday 25th IIRC. One of their members came on the Discord saying they have their sources. I don't know what to think, I assume that last minute delays happen in the industry...

Oh. So here we run into a contradiction... Ken is all up for this Friday and CC says next Friday. It could just be that Ken's info is old but who knows at this point.

Yeah I agree... these dates get pushed around a lot.

• Like 3

Yeah I don't know which one to believe haha. I'm going to be safe and assume it got delayed 2 weeks til November 1st. That way I will pleasantly surprised if it's sooner.

I wish I could say the same haha but I’ll be the first one crying if nothing comes out this Friday, Ken from the festival forums, don’t let me down, we’re counting on your intel lol

• Like 1

Hi everyone ! I think that if they removed the poster from the metro station to put it back a few days later, it's because they may have planned to display different posters all around the world at the same time, to create a surprise effect. Maybe the style of the other posters will be the same (black and white picture with a famous person like Friedrich Nietzsche).

Or crazy theory: It's a time travel themed LP and the other posters will be set in other ages. So we could have a poster: "November 22, 1819" with Coldplay next to Beethoven, and a poster : "November 22, 2119" with Coldplay next to the Daft punk.

• Like 10

Hi everyone ! I think that if they removed the poster from the metro station to put it back a few days later, it's because they may have planned to display different posters all around the world at the same time, to create a surprise effect. Maybe the style of the other posters will be the same (black and white picture with a famous person like Friedrich Nietzsche).

Or crazy theory: It's a time travel themed LP and the other posters will be set in other ages. So we could have a poster: "November 22, 1819" with Coldplay next to Beethoven, and a poster : "November 22, 2119" with Coldplay next to the Daft punk.

Actually, that seems like a great theory, I suppose we'll just have to keep looking for all the breadcrumbs we can find and wait!!!Who else is excited! I'm not even hungry anymore! hahahahaha!

• Like 3

I find this theory very interesting!

All those different but same style posters showing up in several places would be such a surprise for fans all over the world really.

• Like 3

You might be onto something here...

• Like 3

I get what you mean but I don't think that they are going to do something just like this.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I wonder if the album will have something to do with the Argentinian explorer Francisco Moreno - it's longshot but he died on 22nd November 1919 and that would of fit in with the fact that the first poster was put up in Latin America (although we later found out it's a mistake as the poster wasn't to be released until Friday). Also some of the 'leaked album track list' sounds like someone exploring - titles like 'One Way Train' and 'Conscious Pilot'. Again though - that album track list might be fake.

This is an interesting theory - did you read this somewhere or is it your own theory. Would be cool if it was true - maybe all tracks from the albums will sound like their from different centuries.

• Like 1

This is an interesting theory - did you read this somewhere or is it your own theory. Would be cool if it was true - maybe all tracks from the albums will sound like their from different centuries.

Yes it's my own theory. It would match the "full of surprises" and experimental thing.

Yes it could be awesome to travel through different centuries sound (if it is subtle lol), it would also match with people who heard "Vintage wooden piano" during the video shoot in Malibu.

• Like 2

I love this idea too.

• Like 1