✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Offical "The Killers" Thread

Kettercat

People is always complaining about how Coldplay has changed, overall in the last 2 albums, and I feel the same way with The Killers. What happened to them? I know that bands have to evolve and don't repeat themselves and blah, blah, blah... but their last 2 albums have been very weak. Do you think they can be as good as in the first 2 albums again?

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the last 2 albums have not been my fav but they are my top 10 got to bands. I have seen them 5 times, they never let you down, they get you in the gut and they know how to write the hell out of a song. Brandon's voice gets me where i want to go

Sam's Town is their best album imo. They are in my top 5 fav bands. The last two albums aren't as strong but they are one of those bands who can produce a cracker of a tune from every album! The Way It Was and Be Still <3

I never realised there was a killers thread :laugh3: The only band iv seen more than Coldplay, what a show they put on. Direct hits has been none stop in my car since it came out, just amazing. Tune after tune.

Sam's Town is their best album imo. They are in my top 5 fav bands. The last two albums aren't as strong but they are one of those bands who can produce a cracker of a tune from every album! The Way It Was and Be Still <3

Here With Me from Battle Born is also epic, IMO. To be heard loud. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Lately I've been listening to some of their old stuff. I hope someday they will make music as good as they used to make when they started playing. I don't mean they have turned bad now, but I prefer the old stuff. I also hope they release new album soon. Unfortunately, I think Brandon Flowers is planning to release his second solo album next year (which is not bad)

Lately I've been listening to some of their old stuff. I hope someday they will make music as good as they used to make when they started playing. I don't mean they have turned bad now, but I prefer the old stuff. I also hope they release new album soon. Unfortunately, I think Brandon Flowers is planning to release his second solo album next year (which is not bad)

Yeah their old stuff is spectacular. Hot Fuss is one of the best albums of the decade. With every album they put out, the music gets worse and worse, IMO. I only like one song from Battle Born, Be Still.

Not particularly excited for Brandon's upcoming album, I didn't really enjoy his previous solo work but who knows, for once he might actually make good music without the Killers.

• 10 months later...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Heey Yaaa!;4013678

Come on it's his mom

So what? "

I know this was five years ago but seriously how heartless can you be with a answer like that??. I'm sure you would think differently if it happened to you.

• 1 year later...

New Christmas Album!

[MEDIA=twitter]799533538739634176[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/NME/status/799533538739634176

The Killers announce Christmas album and unveil new single ‘I’ll Be Home For Christmas’

GettyImages-519534360_THE_KILLERS_CHRISTMAS_WISH_SONG_630.jpg

https://geo.itunes.apple.com/us/album/ill-be-home-for-christmas/id1175478594?i=1175479775&app=music&at=1010ln8t

The Killers have unveiled their annual Christmas single and announced details of a compilation album of all of their one-off festive tracks so far. Check out ‘I’ll Be Home For Christmas’ from ‘Don’t Waste Your Wishes’ below.

For the last decade, the Las Vegas ‘Mr Brightside’ stars have released a charity single every Christmas for the benefit of (RED) in the battle against AIDs. This year, not only are they back with new track ‘I’ll Be Home For Christmas’, but have compiled all 10 of their festive tracks on to the album ‘Don’t Waste Your Wishes’.

The new track recalls frontman Brandon Flowers learning the meaning of the classic Yuletide standard from his fourth grade teacher Mr Hansen – who also accompanies him on the song.

Hear the new single exclusively on Apple Music here or check out a preview below.

‘Don’t Waste Your Wishes’ is available digitally now, before receiving a limited physical release on 9 December – with 100% of the profits going to (RED).

The tracklist for ‘Don’t Waste Your Wishes is:

1.’A Great Big Sled’ feat. Toni Halliday

2. ‘Don’t Shoot Me Santa’ feat. Ryan Pardey

3. ‘Joseph, Better You Than Me’ feat. Elton John & Neil Tennant

4. ‘¡Happy Birthday Guadalupe!’ feat. Wild Light and Mariachi El Bronx

5. ‘Boots’

6.’The Cowboys’ Christmas Ball’

7. ‘Feel It In My Bones’ feat. Ryan Pardey

8. ‘Christmas In L.A.’ feat. Dawes

9. ‘Joel The Lump Of Coal’ feat. Jimmy Kimmel

10. ‘Dirt Sledding’ feat. Ryan Pardey & Richard Dreyfuss

11. ‘I’ll Be Home For Christmas’ feat. Ned Humphrey Hansen

As well as recently celebrating the 10 year anniversary of their seminal second album ‘Sam’s Town’ with a Las Vegas spectacular, The Killers have also been working on their new album and the follow-up to 2012’s ‘Battle Born’ for a few months now.

“We’ll see what happens,” said drummer Ronnie Vannucci Jr.”We’ve been working with different people and seeing how it feels, and we’re starting to work with another person now. I don’t know if we wanna reveal who that is.”

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...