✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Random Coldplay thoughts...

alyssa

lol at 14 minutes someone's phone goes off with a Coldplay ringtone and Obama knows it :P

[video=youtube;wjX7fq40kJQ]

i've read somewhere that obama has coldplay on his iPod.

hahaa.. look at will! and jonny looks like a porcelain doll

BqhoKWjCUAENfNi.jpg:large

I'm working in a Scottish shop in Edinburgh for the summer, and they play stereotypically Scottish music... I think it's the first time I've ever heard Fix You played on bagpipes :laugh3:

Ohmygod you're in Edinburgh :awesome::wacky:

And yep you'll hear pretty much any famous hit played on bagpipes, there :lol:

the restaurant's radio in my hotel played Viva La Vida and Paradise during lunch today :D

I think I'm an autist.

Every time there is a Coldplay song playing anywhere, I start to rock back and forth, from side to side, playing air guitar or air piano, or moving my feet.

Every single damn time.

I don't get it. I could be in a funeral and if I heard a Coldplay melody I would fucking rock that shit.

EVERY WHERE, EVERY TIME!

I was looking at reviews for the Galaxy S5 because I need a new phone, and I found an article written by Chris Martin! haha but it isn't our Chris :P

How many Chris Martins are there now? Well...there is only one as far as we are concerned!! :awesome:

This month the extra channel you can watch on cable-TV is MTV Live. I noticed that this morning there was MTV Top 20 from 8 to 9.30 CET. Last time I had access to watch MTV Top 20 (or European Top 20) on TV was when Lovers in Japan peaked at no. 10. I was pleased to learn that this week's no. 1 is Coldplay and A Sky Full of Stars. Nice to see the new video on TV. (I have seen this song on VH1 Denmark a few times - it was the live version).

How time flies by, and so nice that Coldplay was represented on the chart both then and now. So great to know that they are still going strong and making music that music lovers like.

This month the extra channel you can watch on cable-TV is MTV Live. I noticed that this morning there was MTV Top 20 from 8 to 9.30 CET. Last time I had access to watch MTV Top 20 (or European Top 20) on TV was when Lovers in Japan peaked at no. 10. I was pleased to learn that this week's no. 1 is Coldplay and A Sky Full of Stars. Nice to see the new video on TV. (I have seen this song on VH1 Denmark a few times - it was the live version).

How time flies by, and so nice that Coldplay was represented on the chart both then and now. So great to know that they are still going strong and making music that music lovers like.

Yesterday I was at a birthday party in a café which had some televisions set on a pop music channel. Among the songs that came on there was A Sky Full Of Stars too. When it began, some of my friends who know my obs.. *cough* fondness for Coldplay beckoned to me, saying they had never seen the video before, and asked me what it was about. So I explained them how all Ghost Stories' lyrics were inspired from Chris's break up, how ASFOS expresses how he still loves her unconditionally, notwithstanding the pain... (I did not extend the explanation to the matter of unconditional love for the universe and all good/bad events happening in life, it would've been too long.)

Then I translated some of the most meaningful lyrics to them, and as I did... I shivered and felt tears struggling to pour out. I fought them back, though. But it was so unexpected and strange because I wasn't feeling sad or thinking of how sorrowful Chris must have been as he wrote... I was plainly translating, in a blank tone too.

And what was even stranger was that... When I finished, both of my friends who'd listened told me they'd shivered as well.

Maybe it's because only when you speak your mother tongue you do actually feel the meaningfulness of the words you're saying... Still, I wasn't concentrating on their powerfulness, only on how to translate them... :shrug: