✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They should just release it as a single on Monday, since it's leaked already. That's what I would do, because the recording quality is insanely bad on the leaked live version, and it gives the song bad publicity. They should just release the studio version as quickly as possible, because it's obviously going to be 100x better.

Okay, so I know the audio recording was low quality, and that the song was performed live but from what I heard....no. Just no. I am sure I will like it better once they release the single, but it sounds like an all out rave, as in pure electronics and Chris hooting cheesy lyrics. Oh good heavens :( I was really hoping that Coldplay wouldn't move closer towards Rihanna but they did.

Okay, so I know the audio recording was low quality, and that the song was performed live but from what I heard....no. Just no. I am sure I will like it better once they release the single, but it sounds like an all out rave, as in pure electronics and Chris hooting cheesy lyrics. Oh good heavens :( I was really hoping that Coldplay wouldn't move closer towards Rihanna but they did.

I get what you are saying, but its one song. I mean 5/6 songs (4/6 if u count magic) are all non-pop songs. PoC compared to ASFOS doesn't even compute. So relax and just skip the song :) but dont say they are moving closer to Rihanna when they made a song with Rihanna

^ This is true. They did make it as close to Rihanna as they could :) And it is Coldplay, even if I don't like it, I will reluctantly like it. I am sure the studio version will have enough going on to make me happy. Still think this album will be great!

^ This is true. They did make it as close to Rihanna as they could :) And it is Coldplay, even if I don't like it, I will reluctantly like it. I am sure the studio version will have enough going on to make me happy. Still think this album will be great!

That's good :D tbh, it sounded like u were dissing the entire album, so I kind of was snarky, but I sort of agree with you about ASFOS. I wish they'd try to make their lead single into something more along the lines of a piano ballad. I mean, piano ballads like Stay (lol by Rihanna) and Let Her Go can be #1's. Frustrating, but Coldplay will be Coldplay.

At least its not like the POC fiasco. They played the song ONCE on June 3, 2011, and then we didn’t hear it again until the October album release. There was only one complete video of it, and it sounded worse than this recording. We didn't even know about the Rihanna part for a while!

^OH THE MEMORIES! PoC was so bass heavy on that youtube track, and it didn't end up being a terrible song by any means in the context of MX. You are right, at least we don't have to wait long!

That's good :D tbh, it sounded like u were dissing the entire album, so I kind of was snarky, but I sort of agree with you about ASFOS. I wish they'd try to make their lead single into something more along the lines of a piano ballad. I mean, piano ballads like Stay (lol by Rihanna) and Let Her Go can be #1's. Frustrating, but Coldplay will be Coldplay.

Twas a small bout of pessimism that you helped me cure with some logic. Exactly, Coldplay will be Coldplay. They seem incapable of resisting the bombastic sound that the radio craves, a piano ballad would be nice again, but they are moving along with most of the crowd. Overall I just hope this track sounds like signature Coldplay and fits nicely into the album flow. I want Chris' voice to fit in to the song, because honestly that recording (though absolute expletive) sounded like if his voice was replaced with a pop diva, the song would fair just as well in some other album.

In terms of piano ballads, Coldplay has been there and done that. They want to try something different from their previous works. Whether Coldplay succeeds or not, lets give them props from going out of their comfort zone :)

1654295_293649780791068_974839718241227101_n.jpg

LOL :laugh3::laugh3:

My personal decision is to wait. That's what intelligent and strong minded fans do:rolleyes:;). No way my first listening of ASFOS will be a shitty leaking version of it. I will wait until the Ghost Stories TV Special.:angel::angel: And I will going to Coldplay heaven for doing that Lol.

Sorry, i listened to it too. :shy: Although quality was not good, i now have the idea of the song. I'm relieved it isn't a bad song and good quality studio version will definately sound amazing, really waiting for it! Structure of the song was really good, but need to hear better version to enjoy the guitar and piano.

Song starts with clubby piano part and goes dancy like ETIAW, but VERY high flying melody. Sounds little like ETIAW and DLIBYH, but it wasn't so full sound, it was more airy with some glistening guitarsound and there's room for Chris' singing to shine. Definately will be one of the songs for everyone to remember from this summer. ;)

Sorry, i listened to it too. :shy: Although quality was not good, i now have the idea of the song. I'm relieved it isn't a bad song and good quality studio version will definately sound amazing, really waiting for it! Structure of the song was really good, but need to hear better version to enjoy the guitar and piano.

Song starts with clubby piano part and goes dancy like ETIAW, but VERY high flying melody. Sounds little like ETIAW and DLIBYH, but it wasn't so full sound, it was more airy with some glistening guitarsound and there's room for Chris' singing to shine. Definately will be one of the songs for everyone to remember from this summer. ;)

yeah ur right. and ASFOS has a better production than the uber noisy ETIAW.