✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not going to listen to it. I really want to hear the song, even more after reading all the comments that either say it's gold and a great song or that it sounds a bit like Rihanna, 30 Seconds to mars and other stuff I hate, but I don't want my first listen to be some crappy recording. Also, if Chris doesn't want the world to hear it, for whatever reason, then I respect that. Then again, I don't really see why we can't hear it. Millions of fans including myself just didn't get the chance to go to Cologne...

I think this situation is a bit different from Don Quixote, the song wasn't released 9 days later and Chris never asked not to record it as far as I know.

How would you guys feel about a fan-made recording? I mean, me playing and singing. Would that still count as a leak? I'd like to share it, altough I do not sound like him and can't really hit the notes and stuff, but you still might get an idea. Plus I'd only make it accesible for people who have the link, not listed on youtube.

I'm not sure. :/ Chances are you'll hate my version altough the song is great. Well - any thoughts?

im totally digging this lol IM sorry you all know I listened and I love it now, its gonna be a song that gets stuck in ppls heads! I think the real version will be worth the wait though for those of you that didt listen! I give you all props on that!

I'm not going to listen to it. I really want to hear the song, even more after reading all the comments that either say it's gold and a great song or that it sounds a bit like Rihanna, 30 Seconds to mars and other stuff I hate, but I don't want my first listen to be some crappy recording. Also, if Chris doesn't want the world to hear it, for whatever reason, then I respect that. Then again, I don't really see why we can't hear it. Millions of fans including myself just didn't get the chance to go to Cologne...

I think this situation is a bit different from Don Quixote, the song wasn't released 9 days later and Chris never asked not to record it as far as I know.

I agree. Just because some fans got to hear leaks of the songs when then opportunity presents itself doesnt make them bad fans or untrustworthy fans. It does not mean they wont buy the album anymore or wont buy any singles anymore or they wont go to the concert anymore.

How would you guys feel about a fan-made recording? I mean, me playing and singing. Would that still count as a leak? I'd like to share it, altough I do not sound like him and can't really hit the notes and stuff, but you still might get an idea. Plus I'd only make it accesible for people who have the link, not listed on youtube.

I'm not sure. :/ Chances are you'll hate my version altough the song is great. Well - any thoughts?

can we hear it? i'm sure its a great version, there is nothing wrong with it cuz its ur version of it :)

"Coldplay has always been about bringing people together and celebrating life. I think this positive, inclusive message should trump all anger that might bubble up in forum threads. We all love Coldplay, and although there are different opinions on leaks, it shouldn't drive us apart. " —President Barack Obama

"Coldplay has always been about bringing people together and celebrating life. I think this positive, inclusive message should trump all anger that might bubble up in forum threads. We all love Coldplay, and although there are different opinions on leaks, it shouldn't drive us apart. " —President Barack Obama

Barack always tell the truth and keep Coldplayers united .

I've seen some people say it sounds like something from Joshua Tree, and they are right. From what I've heard on a low quality recording, the guitar is very Where the Streets Have No Name, which is awesome. Can't wait for the release!

So the piano is a studio recording played through the speakers I suppose.

Yeah I'm pretty sure it's a studio backing track playing the piano live (although Guy does ''play'' the keys only in the beginning, it's just like he ''plays'' they keys on ETIAW)

Guest kmm1482

Reading all of these makes me think back to Parachutes, Rush of Blood and X&Y, before albums were so easily leaked on the web. I can recall each first listen to all of those. The surprise and flow of complete beginning to end without knowing anything. That's why I won't be listen to ANY leaks, I've even stopped listening to Oceans after two listens.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Haha, chris should do a u-turn, take it off the album and blame it on the "fans" who leaked it.

Well that's rather rude, isn't it, questioning people's dedication to the band for uploading it!? If the band really didn't want the song leaked they shouldn't have played it. We're in an age where social media and technology is so pervasive that it invades absolutely everything - they knew it would be leaked regardless of what was requested of the crowd.

Each to their own, really. You may be unhappy its leaked, but I, for one, am quite happy it has. Midnight is different and I love it. Magic is a great song. Oceans and Another's Arms and Always in my Head will have to grow on me. Hearing this song has reaffirmed my belief the band can still make great music. Very glad to have heard it, and cannot wait to hear the studio version. If anything I'm looking forward to the album even more now.