✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure about ASFOS. I think it will make much more sense in the context of the entire album.

it will make SO MUCH MORE sense in the context. Totally what I thought! This album is everything Coldplay represent both from old to new stuff.. It think it's going to be the best one, but my favorite is still A Rush of Blood, but Ghost Stories is certainly gonna be amazing, With no doubt

I do really like a Sky Full Of Stars, and yes you can hear Jonny throughout the whole song which is great and it's not to much "techno style" it is just a genuinely happy song. A really good thing about it though is that of course this will be a radio hit which will draw heaps of people in and new fans, and we have already had heaps from just releasing Magic so this turn out wil be great

Coldplay having a happy, pop song doesn't bother me at all. How many other bands or artists out there have a back catalogue that remotely comes close to Coldplay's wide spectrum of emotions, from quiet, meaningful songs like See You Soon or Oceans on one end of the scale to the unashamedly joyful and happy songs like Every Teardrop is a Waterfall and A Sky Full of Stars at the other?

I feel ASFOS is shamelessly positive - not a new trait in a Coldplay song, but this one is really really uplifting.

However, it sounds like a typical Avicii song. It isn't very original, neither in melody nor in lyrics.

It will work, though, because it is a hit in itself. Maybe it will even hit no.1. on the charts even though to compare it

with Viva La Vida for instance is like comparing strawberries with peas!

Of all songs on Ghost Stories we've heard so far, this is the only one I'm disappointed with. I'm sure I'm still gonna play it a hundred times

because it is Coldplay and it is going to be a hit and it is going to be played all over the radio, but I feel this is just like

an ok song, on steroids.

the song is OK, but I think it should be in an Avicii album as a collaboration with Chris Martin instead of in a Coldplay album... I had the same feeling with Princess of China in Mylo Xyloto, that song should have been in a Rihanna album not in Coldplay's

Coldplay – A Sky Full of Stars (Produced by Avicii)

By Elizabeth Udell on April 29, 2014

Coldplay, an act that we regularly cover due to the wide range of remixes that come from their original hits, has recently teamed up with Avicii for yet another beautiful production. The Swedish producer has dipped his talents into Coldplay’s music in the past, having remixed “Every Teardrop is a Waterfall.” From the get-go, Chris Martin’s soothing vocals glide seamlessly along the piano instrumentals (which btw, Avicii is responsible for as well). Much like some of the tracks off of his True album, Avicii’s electronic presence isn’t fully recognized until the chorus comes rushing in. The progressive-house chords are something that Coldplay doesn’t play with in much of their productions, but with Avicii’s added charisma and progressive touch, there’s no reason not to dance uncontrollably. From Tiesto’s remix of “Paradise” to Swedish House Mafia’s very own rendition of “Every Teardrop is a Waterfall,” Coldplay has proved that they have the sound that was meant for electronic music. “A Sky Full of Stars” is the second single of their upcoming album Ghost Stories, which set to be released on May 19.

Link

This song is amazing! Not the best coldplay song but defintetly not the worst. Jonny is amazing even though he's a little drowned out by the synths. I'm not really a fan of EDM in general, but I think the production fits the song really well. What's great about this song, I think, is that (this will sound cheesy) it has the ability to make you feel really happy. ASFOS is great because of that.

Just heard A Sky Full of Stars. Wow!

It's great, I really like it! It's definitely not for everyone though. You guys weren't kidding when you said it sounded very EDMish!

I definitely think this song will be a radio hit.

I'm so eager to hear GS in it's entirety.

I loved the new song! It will definitely become a hit! though...

when Coldplay played the LA shows I remember some of the comments people that went to the show posted saying all other songs were just ok, good, but that A Sky Full Of Stars was the best, and that it was like putting VLV + ETIAW = Even more. Or something like that. I think the song is great, but not as good as Viva La Vida, that's an anthem! And also, I dont think the other tracks from Ghost Stories were described properly by those "pseudo fans" just saying A Sky Full Of Stars was the best and the others were just fine... because I have loved every single song of this album and even though A Sky Full Of Stars is a great one, it is not my favorite of the album at all.

the song is OK, but I think it should be in an Avicii album as a collaboration with Chris Martin instead of in a Coldplay album... I had the same feeling with Princess of China in Mylo Xyloto, that song should have been in a Rihanna album not in Coldplay's

Exactly.. this ain't Coldplay to me. Just too easy way like this to make a hit.. there are many songs like this. And it's all about making a hit song.

Will they ever be more aternative?... sigh..