✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

A Sky Full Of Stars!! (Out now - See first post)

If you go to here: http://www.coldplaying.com/forum/threads/77020-Coldplay-Greatest-downfall-in-the-history-of-music/page2

a user named: coldplay_is_louve says: It is a pretty big step down. These new songs included.

and then you see her sig and avatar are both from ETIAW! fail.

Haha, you're right! I guess it must have been a grower then.

I also love this one:

is the best song of Coldplay, they have written ETIAW I can do a whole presentation and why since the beginning of their careers. but not know English sorry .

I mean, it makes more sense than some of the posts in this thread.

I miss Lory.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes oceans and ''O'' with chris' comments during it... that's just perfect

Coldplay played Oceans live for Zane on Radio 1 last week. I believe at the same time that the Chris interview was taped. Oceans was performed in full with no overlaying commentary at that time, in case you missed it. (If i'm interpreting your comment accurately.)

*THIS IS WITH LOVE FOR ALL MY FELLOW POSTERS*

Ah, so a new Coldplay single being discussed on the boards huh?!?

Let’s see if we have everything covered…

People claiming that they are done with Coldplay forever but immediately continuing to post? Check!

People telling other people who like the song that they are sheep who will like anything? Check!

People telling people who don’t like the song that they need to move on from Parachutes? Check!

People voicing what it means to be the mythical “true” fan and in turn judging those with an opposite opinion as “untrue” fans? Check!

A few poor souls trying to be a voice of reason and tell everyone that it is just one song? Check!

People using heavy amounts of sarcasm to voice their opinion on other’s opinions of the song? Check!

Other people not recognizing that sarcasm and blasting the sarcastic poster even though they actually agree with what they are saying? Check!

People asking where Will and Guy are on the song? Check

Someone saying to listen to one song and listen to this implying that the first song is better? Check!

Someone making a plea to the band to return to their old ways? Check!

Someone telling the band Coldplay that they are not the band Coldplay anymore just in case the band Coldplay was under some confusion that they still are actually the band Coldplay? Check!

Someone asking for a new official EP super deluxe acoustic version of a song that was just released 15 minutes ago? Check!

Some smart ass (that’s me!) making a post referencing how this happens every time Coldplay release a new single? Check!

I think we got 'em all... Good Work Guys!!!

*hits unexisting Thanks button*

It's OK. Probably we will get to love the track over the following days, months, etc.

When played live, it might be a little different, and better.

Anyways, I think this is a track just to listen a few times. Don't over listen because you might start hating it.

No reason to rant. There are really amazing songs in the album.

People claiming that they are done with Coldplay forever but immediately continuing to post? Check!

People telling other people who like the song that they are sheep who will like anything? Check!

People telling people who don’t like the song that they need to move on from Parachutes? Check!

People voicing what it means to be the mythical “true” fan and in turn judging those with an opposite opinion as “untrue” fans? Check!

A few poor souls trying to be a voice of reason and tell everyone that it is just one song? Check!

People using heavy amounts of sarcasm to voice their opinion on other’s opinions of the song? Check!

Other people not recognizing that sarcasm and blasting the sarcastic poster even though they actually agree with what they are saying? Check!

Someone saying to listen to one song and listen to this implying that the first song is better? Check!

Someone telling the band Coldplay that they are not the band Coldplay anymore just in case the band Coldplay was under some confusion that they still are actually the band Coldplay? Check!

Someone asking for a new official EP super deluxe acoustic version of a song that was just released 15 minutes ago? Check!

Some smart ass (that’s me!) making a post referencing how this happens every time Coldplay release a new single? Check!

Hahaha, fantastic post.

I'm defnitely in there. If someone is missing they should add themselves.

This is going to feel so out of place next to songs like Oceans and O. An upbeat radio friendly EDM song, then BAM right after it a beautiful yet sad, quiet song played on a piano. I dislike this song a lot more than I like it, I rather have it not exist. Yes, that's right. I'd take only 8 tracks if it meant this song didn't exist. It's so out of tune with the rest of the album. Yea, I know they need that upbeat mainstream pop song to market the album, but people are going to wonder why the rest of the album is the polar opposite after listening to it. Yes, I know I can skip it and just not listen to it, my problem is that I don't like seeing Coldplay touch that genre. If they're going to make another pop song don't going for f-ing EDM, just make another Magic or Clocks. It's like the more I listen to it the more I hate it. Worst song on the album for me.

Someone keeping faith that the live version will be better? Check!

Someone telling people that if they listen to it more they will learn to like it? Check

HEY GUYS THATS ME! I'm so honored :')

HEY GUYS THATS ME! I'm so honored :')

HIGH FIVE!

I can't wait for coldplay to disappoint people again, by the time we will have new memes to use

I'll tell you now it certainly isn't my cup of tea, I'd never actively seek this song out if I weren't a Coldplay fan. However I realise it is a fun little ditty in a somewhat heartbreaking album.

The great part is all you fuckers with your over reactions. I shared all your scepticism when ETIAW dropped back in 2011 because it was the only song we had to go on for MX at that time and it didn't give me hope for what was to come and sure enough I wasn't and I'm still not a huge fan of MX (Don't touch Us Against the World though.) but now we've heard most of Ghost Stories and all we've heard (IMO) is fantastic and as a classic Coldplay fan it's all I can ask for.

Then this song drops and you all lose your shit. Yeah it's not paticularly ground breaking but I'm sure it'll work great within the context of the rest of the album and if you feel it doesn't then skip it to 'O' cause holy shit that song is gorgeous. Patience my children.

This is basically my opinion summed up very neatly. Not the sort of thing I'd actively listen to now if I weren't a Coldplay fan, but I can enjoy it. I think the problem is that fans always expect Coldplay to come out with something heartbreaking, and anything that isn't Scientist-esque gets automatically trashed. Sure, the Coldplay I fell in love with was the one that I could cry my eyes out to and then have them pick me back up, and I adore the quieter, introspective songs as much as I always did, but I also love a great dance around my room to ETIAW (which I *hated* on first listen!) or Paradise! Life isn't all about being sad, and ASFOS is exactly what I'd love to jump to at a festival or summer night out. It's nothing groundbreaking, no (but is that really what Coldplay was ever about?) and I imagine it might wear a bit thin after a while, but for now, I like it! And I like that it's a happy note on an otherwise incredibly emotional album. To me, it signifies being able to pick yourself up and just go out and enjoy life.

It feels like those two albums are untouchable sometimes...

For good reason- because they're the first two albums they've defined Coldplay's "sound" and they're the reason why most of the fanbase got into the band's music. They are incredible albums. Perhaps in 10 years time we'll look at Ghost Stories like we look at those two now