✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay & Cat Power - movie soundtrack for Wish I Was Here

gai

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think this tops anything on Ghost Stories to be honest

Edit: To add my reasoning - the lyrics are phenomenal, whilst Ghost Stories are just.. meh, words:

"It's been a night, such a night, such a long night. Watch myself disappear into the wild side, said "goodbye" to my Hyde side, saw some Jekyll appear..."

I think this tops anything on Ghost Stories to be honest

Edit: To add my reasoning - the lyrics are phenomenal, whilst Ghost Stories are just.. meh, words

Agree!! (except bonus tracks) It's no complex song, but this is (one of) the type of music that I adore. Goosebumps with the first listen. Very pure and honest. incl the lyrics.

I just played the song loud on my hifi system... it's absolutely gorgeous, Cat Powers voice is fantastic (didn't know her). Now Im imagening Chris Martins voice singing it.. sigh..

And finally a colab that's not with the most famous (rnb) singer or house producer on the planet!

its a little Christmassy don't you think? The piano reminds me of 2000 miles. :)

I'm not a big fan of Cat Power, but I admit she sounds really great on this song. I think musically the arrangements on ghost stories or better, that this is a simple, pure and beautiful piece of music. And yes. It reminds me of 2000 miles to.

It's a beautiful song but I really miss Chris in this one. If Chris sang more, I think I would be addicted and a lot of Coldplayers with me, It's a mix of Up With The Birds and O (Fly On). But I'm not really loving it. Sorry Cat Power. (Although the piano and all the background noises are definitely Coldplay)

Edit: It also sounds a bit christmas-y lol xD

Absolutely lovely song!!! :wacky:

However as a Coldplay fan I'm biased and a sucker for Chris' voice so I wish we could hear a version with Chris instead of Cat Power (who has a very beautiful voice, I think, by the way!).

I think the best part is when Chris sings the "Uuuuuuu uuuuuu uuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuuuu...". He has such a great quality to do that kind of things, including the "Ohhhhh ohhhhhhhhh ohhhhhhh..." of all their songs.

I can already see what LP7 is gonna sound like LOL

As an actual Cat Power fan, I think this is pretty standard fare for both artists.

(I also am just principally against this movie, as even though I like Zach Braff, he is responsible for Garden State, which bred an entire generation of self-proclaimed "sentimental" teenagers who wet themselves over embarrassing cliches and think listening to bubblegum pop makes them "indie".)

I quite like it. The ambiance and the piano remind me of the AROBTTH days for some reason. Nice lyrics too. Didn't expect much Chris on the song to begin with but knowing that he pretty much wrote this song, doing backing vocals, and is playing piano is good enough for me!