✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No! Seriously this is too much work for you....I didn't mean to start anything. I honestly don't mind :)

Hahaha it's okay. :P I think color-coding is better anyways since it probably does make it easier to find the person's quote. Also putting spoilers in so people can click on it if I replied to their post, and to make sure a massive message isn't getting in the way of the reading flow too much. :)

EasySuperstition99, you're in red.

42Escapist, you're in blue.

The Philosopher, you're in gold.

sa_spurs_tx, you're in green.

Christa42, you're in magenta.

Saketblitz, you're in orange.

jc90, you're in dark violet.

No i didn't mean i didn't like paradise, I would've just liked better if it was said to sound more like VLV cause i like that song a lot.

Ohhkay I see what you mean now. Sorry for misreading your comment. Yeah, I love VLV too. I couldn't imagine Paradise sounding like Viva but maybe that'd be because it'd be too amazing for my brain to imagine without actually hearing it :P

Btw @cp3176, I'm sure they do monitor the forum. They're conscious of its existence given the fact that they've answered our questions before and Phil did an interview. Plus, I'm pretty sure that Debs Wild is an inactive member who used to post here a while back! :)

It'd be amazing if Chris actually read my comment or got told it somehow. :P And yeah it'd definetely make sense for them to monitor the forum. It's the biggest out there! They'd probably know of it's existance. I agree.

Can you imagine a song like this one in A Head Full Of Dreams? Obviously it won't be a single, but it could be a fantastic masterpiece of art hidden somewhere in the album tracklist. Since it has been said that it will include some horns and strings, it could be possible. It would be a little jewel.

[video=youtube;wA9d4CcIvz4]

...? "This video is not available". That's all it says. Nothing about copyright. Nothing about country restrictions. Just... "This video is not available".

I think the band likes the idea of a "surprise" which is why they are not building any hype. My gut says the band is incredibly proud of what they

have created and they want to surprise/shock the world with their new stuff. Remember, they are treating this album as if it was their last and I think they rather drop a

single/album out of the blue this time around.

LOL for a second because of your profile pic I thought I was the one who posted for a second. I had a heart attack that someone hacked my account or something because I was

thinking of anything but the forum at the time this was posted lol. I was still sleeping!

Midnight can also be used as a color name with or as an adjective

adjective

• of or at midnight
  • like or suggestive of midnight; very dark: midnight blue

Technically, you're correct, but "midnight" isn't a true color. It's a time of night. Midnight blue could count, but midnight itself doesn't cut it as a color itself. Therefore the "color songs theory" is wrong because of Ghost Stories. You could make a case for all other albums, though. (Charlie Brown is a strech but brown is a color, simple as that).

... and dancy! (I bet that upsets a lot of people haha)

Oh NO...

The two reasons I'm afraid of that is that it's a sign that Coldplay has gone full mainstream. I don't want them to do that. Also, since a lot of Coldplay fans did not like ASFOS at all because it was dancy, I can just see the hate coming... I really want Coldplay to go back to their old ways just to make the other fans happy :P

Pretty weak rumour imo. They throw out a random day just to give it some legitimacy and then they pick the one song title that we all know is pretty much

guaranteed to be in LP7 (or at least the LP7 era).

edit: What I mean by that is, it's been confirmed (by the oracle) that every era's associated LP has a song within its era with the same name.

This is different than the 'colour song theory' which was debunked by the oracle so don't even play that game with me.

I agree with you. These rumours really are so weak they could be formed by anyone, and if the site looks professional enough it can be believable if you don't look at the facts closely.

It's a given that 9 times out of 10 the album is going to have a song in it with the same name as it's album. It's easy to assume that LP7 will have a song named "A Head Full Of Dreams" That's easy to put out there.

Picking random days is easy, too. What makes or breaks this article would be a source to confirm the date. The song's easy enough to figure out, it's quite obvious. But if they had a valid source for the date it'd be more believable.

Technically, you're correct, but "midnight" isn't a true color. It's a time of night. Midnight blue could count, but midnight itself doesn't cut it as a color itself. Therefore the "color songs theory" is wrong because of Ghost Stories. You could make a case for all other albums, though. (Charlie Brown is a strech but brown is a color, simple as that).

@cp3176

I thought Charlin Brown was white

Hahaha it's okay. :P I think color-coding is better anyways since it probably does make it easier to find the person's quote. Also putting spoilers in so people can click on it if I replied to their post, and to make sure a massive message isn't getting in the way of the reading flow too much. :)

EasySuperstition99, you're in red.

42Escapist, you're in blue.

The Philosopher, you're in gold.

sa_spurs_tx, you're in green.

Christa42, you're in magenta.

Saketblitz, you're in orange.

jc90, you're in dark violet.

Ohhkay I see what you mean now. Sorry for misreading your comment. Yeah, I love VLV too. I couldn't imagine Paradise sounding like Viva but maybe that'd be because it'd be too amazing for my brain to imagine without actually hearing it :P

It'd be amazing if Chris actually read my comment or got told it somehow. :P And yeah it'd definetely make sense for them to monitor the forum. It's the biggest out there! They'd probably know of it's existance. I agree.

...? "This video is not available". That's all it says. Nothing about copyright. Nothing about country restrictions. Just... "This video is not available".

LOL for a second because of your profile pic I thought I was the one who posted for a second. I had a heart attack that someone hacked my account or something because I was

thinking of anything but the forum at the time this was posted lol. I was still sleeping!

Oh NO...

The two reasons I'm afraid of that is that it's a sign that Coldplay has gone full mainstream. I don't want them to do that. Also, since a lot of Coldplay fans did not like ASFOS at all because it was dancy, I can just see the hate coming... I really want Coldplay to go back to their old ways just to make the other fans happy :P

I agree with you. These rumours really are so weak they could be formed by anyone, and if the site looks professional enough it can be believable if you don't look at the facts closely.

It's a given that 9 times out of 10 the album is going to have a song in it with the same name as it's album. It's easy to assume that LP7 will have a song named "A Head Full Of Dreams" That's easy to put out there.

Picking random days is easy, too. What makes or breaks this article would be a source to confirm the date. The song's easy enough to figure out, it's quite obvious. But if they had a valid source for the date it'd be more believable.

Dude I'm liking this post because it seems like you put a crazy amount of thought into your forum posts. Which is great!! I bet you spend more time on one of your posts then we spend writing 15. Bravo!! :thumbsup:

Dude I'm liking this post because it seems like you put a crazy amount of thought into your forum posts. Which is great!! I bet you spend more time on one of your posts then we spend writing 15. Bravo!! :thumbsup:

Thanks! I always make sure to put quite a bit of thought into posts as to make everything clear as possible. I like to get back to every post that I want to say something about without double/triple etc. posting and I'm also trying to make it easy for you to navigate to your quote so I color code it. But usually if there's just two or three quotes I want to get at I probably won't put it behind a spoiler and color code it because there is not that many quotes to cover but in cases where there's 4 or more quote I'd color code them and put them behind a spoiler. :)

Thanks! I always make sure to put quite a bit of thought into posts as to make everything clear as possible. I like to get back to every post that I want to say something about without double/triple etc. posting and I'm also trying to make it easy for you to navigate to your quote so I color code it. But usually if there's just two or three quotes I want to get at I probably won't put it behind a spoiler and color code it because there is not that many quotes to cover but in cases where there's 4 or more quote I'd color code them and put them behind a spoiler. :)

I guess my colour is easy to pick then HAHAH

All I can say is think more "Paradise" and less "Viva La Vida".

This statement initially disturbed me, but the longer I thought of it, it could have been worse. At least the song compares to Paradise, still a halfway unique and atmospherically interesting song, and not to ETIAW or ASFOS which would be (for me) far worse news.

I agree! And, btw, with my original comment, I didnt mean I dont like reading your posts, because they are great.....and Im sure you understand that :)

Lol my attempts at trying to backpedal....I wish I never said anything to begin with hahaha

I'm sorry sorry sorry sorry but I wasn't able to go here during the last 4 days, could someone make a brief recap for me ? thanks !! :)

Sure! Forum user Saketblitz was present at the video shoot and although he promised not to say anything, he told us the song's style should remind us more of Paradise and less of Viva La Vida. Other than that, there has been an Italian site reporting that the single is called A Head Full of Dreams and that the video will be released in October. But those are just rumours at the moment. We are still eagerly hoping for the new song during the iHeartRadio festival.

Guest diogo_sg

*faints*

*gets up*

*faints again*

This music video looks so promising! I'm very eager to watch it (and particularly curious about the kite flying sequence).

I really believe this music video will be one of their best. It looks so epic from what I've been reading. I hope the song is inspired by Indian culture as well.

IF this is all true, it sounds like the music video will be really interesting. Let's hope the song matches up with it!

And as for the kite-flying sequence . . . wasn't there a photo from the MX era of Chris flying a kite? His back was to the camera and his hands were stretched up over his head (I think it was posted by Phil on Twitter maybe?). Would be interesting to see if the same kite pops up again or if that's just a coincidence :P

EDIT: completely unrelated thought

The way the URL cut off I thought the title was going to be something like "Coldplay gets wet and hot in Mumbai" and I was like :blank: