✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP7- "A Head Full Of Dreams"

• Replies 18.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think we might have to agree to disagree. In my opinion Us Against The World and U.F.O are two of some of the greatest acoustic songs in Coldplay's discography. Not saying they're the best but I think U.F.O might be the best one. (I said might be, I really haven't made up my mind when it comes to exact listings of acoustic songs yet :P)

As for A Spell A Rebel Yell, I completely agree. It does sound like an unfinished song but it definetely should be revisited, it has a lot of potential if it ever does.

Ufo and uatw are great. [emoji106]

Ah, we know opinions differ so much. I just can't stand UATW. I stated one of my reasons above, and the other is that I truly don't like the vocals in this song, especially the verses. To me, they sound as if Chris just got up from bed, grabbed his guitar, turned the microphone on and jammed that thing it in one single take. And to me, UFO is the better of two, even if not much better.

But as I said, just our opinions...

Yeah, opinions do differ a lot. And you have a right to yours and me to mine. But it is interesting to see different points of view and how they differ so much! We all hear things different.

For me, UATW sounds beautiful.. as for the vocals, they fit for me which adds to the song IMO. As for U.F.O. it's a nice little tune. The vocals fit as well, only thing is its a little short. But it's nice to listen too. Just my opinion.

The acoustic songs on MX are really underrated. You've got Us Against the World, U.F.O., Up in Flames, and Up with the Birds ( the 4 "u" songs!!), all beautiful songs, and highlights for me on the album. Especially Up in Flames. Criminally underrated among Coldplayers. Can't help but wonder what the acoustic LP5 would've sounded like!

The acoustic songs on MX are really underrated. You've got Us Against the World, U.F.O., Up in Flames, and Up with the Birds ( the 4 "u" songs!!), all beautiful songs, and highlights for me on the album. Especially Up in Flames. Criminally underrated among Coldplayers. Can't help but wonder what the acoustic LP5 would've sounded like!

For me, Moving To Mars could easily take Up In Flames's spot. Thematically and lyrically.

Also the acoustic LP5 would've been an upbeat Ghost Stories

UATW is beautiful. I love its simplicity and the lyrics are fantastic. Plus it has some of Will's best backing vocals! In my opinion, UATW is an acoustic song done right.

[video=youtube;dQw4w9WgXcQ]

New song!!

Amazing!!! ;) It's the Coldplay I've always dreamed of. :D

I completely agree with you. The Parachutes Acoustic was good but for me it can't compare to MX. They nailed it there. They're quite underrated too. They are produced a bit heavily for acoustic songs, but it kinds of fits with the album and it's kind of it's own kind of acoustic-ness with the production it has, it really has it's own special sound to it and it sounds beautiful, they did a great job.

Up in Flames is just so underrated. I don't know what's wrong with the song at all. It still has the MX-ness to it, but it isn't as upbeat as some of the other songs. Yet, they put this song in the right place in the album. I love that subtle piano touch to it and the song as a whole is great.

The acoustic LP5 would have sounded amazing IMO. It would show what they learned since their early days :P I just can't help but wonder either. It would really have been something special, not only in the way how it'd sound quite nice, but it'd have sort of a creative acoustic sound to it as well. The songs that are acoustic in MX already have their own type of sound compared to other acoustic songs. I love how Coldplay can be so creative with different types of music and put their own twist on it as they put their own twist on their later acoustic songs. It's really something special. And I love them for that. I really like to see how they experiment with different types of music and put their own feeling into it, and this goes for everything, not just for the acoustic part of it. The final product is something I usually love.

Just to add my opinion to the whole UATW thing....I quite like the song in terms of the whole concept album story. It's message is pretty much what most of the story is about....two people who are different from the rest fighting for what they believe in. Without that song, the album would make no sense. And as far as the sound of the song, I agree with other posters that the song is quite beautiful.

Sorry to get so deep haha :p

Do we need a UATW Vs UFO/UATW SUCKS SO BAD thread?

Yes please ! Go make one. Or shall I ? :)

Up In Flames is, in my opinion, the worst song on Mylo Xyloto. From the drumpad to the vocals....just plain ugly !

(Now go on and tear me apart - I don't care if you doooooo)

Yes please ! Go make one. Or shall I ? :)

Up In Flames is, in my opinion, the worst song on Mylo Xyloto. From the drumpad to the vocals....just plain ugly !

(Now go on and tear me apart - I don't care if you doooooo)

Ugh, Up in Flames is so bad. :sad: I tried to like it for months and months, but God, it's just bad. The only good part is the three seconds of Jonny at the very fuckin' end.

Gotta throw in here:

UATW is an incredible live track, same with UFO I imagine. I think the album versions are still great but definitely overproduced a bit. They needed to sound more organic and wooden rather than overly glossy, I also level that criticism at GS acoustic tracks.

And I am with getithom... in my personal opinion, Up In Flames is the worst Coldplay song hands down. From the first time I heard it, and every proceeding time, I hated it. The piano is sappy and cheesy, the drumbeat overbearing and dull, and when the guitar hits it feels like Jonny has done one too many guitar loops on the album. But ultimately its Chris' lyrics and vocals that are so horrendously bad I can't even.... I just can't..

Sorry guys, I can see the instrumental being ehh. But as a whole, I think Up In Flames is indefensible.

One positive thing: i like the piano/synths send off at the end when CHRIS ISN'T HOWLING INCESSANTLY.