✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[2-Jul-2014] Royal Albert Hall, London, UK

Tash

You lucky ones. Your spots are superb! To be honest, I'd take any spot in that hall just to be there...:P

I just regret that I wasn't able to read this thread on friday and get to know this number arrrgh! Well, shit happens but am I the only one who regularly looks if there might be some tickets going back to sale? Like every five minutes? :D

no you are not the only one ;-)

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember, follow Gigs and Tours on Twitter. Any extra tickets will be advertised on there. If you're really desperate, set up alerts for when they tweet. You'll end up getting a few too many notifications on Enrique Iglesias, but it will be worth it if you get a ticket!

haha, yes, every time I get notifications from Twitter on my smartphone I am a bit in a shock ;)

At least it was only 2 tickets per person, and as it's all seated means the touts/walkers will find it harder to sell the tickets on, having to sell each ticket one by one.

Better than Kate Bush (who featured in last week's Watchdog) who had a limit of 4 per person, so the touts/walkers could sell 3 spares.

I think the band did whatever they could within reasonable means to stop touting. The only other thing they could have done was to require the guest's name. Many ticket holders were unsure whether or not their partner could make it. If they had to put the name of the guest on the ticket and they cannot go, that's a useless ticket = empty seat.

Support Act is Alluna George ( never heard before). Wish I had been in LA with London Grammar as support act :smug:

http://coldplay.com/tour.php

Hasn't been confirmed for this date though. I've heard of her, but I hope she isn't the support for the 2nd date. Not really my type of music. I'd have thought they would have confirmed it if she was the support act by now though.

I think the band did whatever they could within reasonable means to stop touting. The only other thing they could have done was to require the guest's name. Many ticket holders were unsure whether or not their partner could make it. If they had to put the name of the guest on the ticket and they cannot go, that's a useless ticket = empty seat.

I agree. I think you should keep it reasonable. When I remember Paris they wrote you have to bring the credit card as well. My sister bought the ticket with her card and I was like: why the hell should I also show the credit card? After clarification with Livenation they said I don't need to worry about that and I had no reason to do so at the venue. But what I want to say is - we all want to go to a concert and enjoy it and not to Fort Knox with fear you might get rejected because you cannot confirm your pet's name... ;)

Hasn't been confirmed for this date though. I've heard of her, but I hope she isn't the support for the 2nd date. Not really my type of music. I'd have thought they would have confirmed it if she was the support act by now though.

ah, ok.

Well guess they will confirm / post it the days before the gigs.

Hey all,

I've bought two hospitality tickets for me and my friend as a surprise (not telling her until we turn up at RAH...), and trying to organise the rest of the evening now. Can anyone confirm if Coldplay will definitely be on at 9pm, or could they possibly be on stage before then, at say, 8.30pm? My hope is to do something else with my friend from 6.30pm until 7.30pm and then get a taxi from Farringdon to RAH - hoping taxi should take no longer than an hour(!), so would be there by 8.30...just slightly concerned about missing beginning. Not too worried about missing support act.

Is anyone able to confirm stage timings? I know 9pm is pretty standard, not sure if it's going to be different for RAH though...?

Thanks,

Nick

Hey all,

I've bought two hospitality tickets for me and my friend as a surprise (not telling her until we turn up at RAH...), and trying to organise the rest of the evening now. Can anyone confirm if Coldplay will definitely be on at 9pm, or could they possibly be on stage before then, at say, 8.30pm? My hope is to do something else with my friend from 6.30pm until 7.30pm and then get a taxi from Farringdon to RAH - hoping taxi should take no longer than an hour(!), so would be there by 8.30...just slightly concerned about missing beginning. Not too worried about missing support act.

Is anyone able to confirm stage timings? I know 9pm is pretty standard, not sure if it's going to be different for RAH though...?

Thanks,

Nick

Hey!

Which hospitality did you get? One of them offers food with it so they probs have a set time for that.

But anyways I think it's always good to get there early to soak up the atmosphere. But if you deffo want to get there before coldplay come on then get there around 8:30.. Also find out when doora close. They may have a time when they stop letting people in.

Hey!

Which hospitality did you get? One of them offers food with it so they probs have a set time for that.

But anyways I think it's always good to get there early to soak up the atmosphere. But if you deffo want to get there before coldplay come on then get there around 8:30.. Also find out when doora close. They may have a time when they stop letting people in.

The one in the box (but without the food), so I think I'm ok for that. Interesting, I'll have to check out the door situation - thanks!

Hey all,

Can anyone confirm if Coldplay will definitely be on at 9pm, or could they possibly be on stage before then, at say, 8.30pm? My hope is to do something else with my friend from 6.30pm until 7.30pm and then get a taxi from Farringdon to RAH - hoping taxi should take no longer than an hour(!),

Thanks,

Nick

Farrington isn't that far from RAH, about 25 mins if the traffic is ok. If you're really worried about not making it, take the tube (1 stop to Kings Cross then Piccadilly line to Knightsbridge). In terms of stage timings, it will probably be 9pm, possibly 8:45 at the earliest. However, it won't be confirmed until a week or two before.

Now confirmed:

@coldplay: Pleased to confirm that @alunageorge will open on both nights at the @royalalberthall (July 1 and 2). A

Damn it! I was hoping it would be someone else. I've heard of them and they weren't really my cup of tea.

It probably has been mentioned before somewhere but i couldn't find it.

How do i get my ticket? The gigsandtours site said usually the tickets are shipped to the buyer and if i check My Account -> Orders it says "0% of tickets despatched. We are awaiting delivery of tickets for this event. Your tickets will be despatched as soon as they arrive."

It's only 3 weeks until the gig and i guess it takes a week or so to ship something from the UK to germany. I'm slightly worried about that.

It probably has been mentioned before somewhere but i couldn't find it.

How do i get my ticket? The gigsandtours site said usually the tickets are shipped to the buyer and if i check My Account -> Orders it says "0% of tickets despatched. We are awaiting delivery of tickets for this event. Your tickets will be despatched as soon as they arrive."

It's only 3 weeks until the gig and i guess it takes a week or so to ship something from the UK to germany. I'm slightly worried about that.

0% Dispatched means that none of the tickets have been sent out yet.

You might want to contact Gigs and Tours because they have said that tickets would not be sent abroad on their Facebook (instead being left at RAH's box office for you.)