✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

"Miracles" new original song by Coldplay for movie "Unbroken"

gai

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Coldplaying.com article and a summary of facts we know so far including the band composing a song for Mission: S.O.P. which is set for a Dec 2015 release according to IMDb

http://www.coldplaying.com/coldplay-oracles-sky-movies-clip-does-not-feature-coldplay/

I've edited that bit now gai :P

I did have my doubts about the song in the ad, it sounded like a nice song, but the oracle said Miracles was not upbeat and the song in the as was too christmassy for the end of a film like unbroken.

Oh well, now I want to know what that song was!

Naaaah I won't be a douchebag, no need to be like "yeah, told you so". (But I'm still posting this link because with the next few lines, I know people will be like "it's easy to criticize after it's all been officially denied".)

Seriously though, I fully agree with what Joel just said, and I'm kinda relieved that it won't be this really cheesy thing. This whole story, the way it got to be considered like "news" (literally out of NOWHERE), the way people tried to "confirm" it (based on ONE tweet), the way people just started believing in all of this, and how articles and stuff got made... I know this is all going to sound exaggerated and mean but it truly represents to me everything that can go wrong with today's Coldplay fandom, and it is kinda scary.

To think somebody even made a piano cover on Soundcloud. What the.

Did someone find out already what is that song in that ad then?

Still singing voice in that song sounds a lot like Chris though, and piano is very Coldplayish, nobody can deny that ;).

I think that whole incident deserves being analysed in the news worldwide. Indeed it's a great example how far can things go with desperate fandom. :lol:

Melody sounded very simple and a little cheesy, and production wasn't even close to Coldplay's standards, but still I thought maybe it's some demo of that song or the actual song will be produced and arranged in better way.

Naaaah I won't be a douchebag, no need to be like "yeah, told you so". (But I'm still posting this link because with the next few lines, I know people will be like "it's easy to criticize after it's all been officially denied".)

Seriously though, I fully agree with what Joel just said, and I'm kinda relieved that it won't be this really cheesy thing. This whole story, the way it got to be considered like "news" (literally out of NOWHERE), the way people tried to "confirm" it (based on ONE tweet), the way people just started believing in all of this, and how articles and stuff got made... I know this is all going to sound exaggerated and mean but it truly represents to me everything that can go wrong with today's Coldplay fandom, and it is kinda scary.

too drama omg, its just a fandom, it was just an ad, it was just a mistake oh my god, i was one that believed that it was coldplay, but im not whining right now

Now I might draw your attention to the line where I wrote "I know it's going to sound exaggerated" but then I feel like I might fall into some sort of "I told you so" trick so I'm not gonna write it.

Of course the Coldplay fandom doesn't really matter. I still think that if you just take a couple of seconds to think about how this whole story got created... I think we can all learn from it. Some have found the whole thing funny, I do feel like it's kinda sad, because it's revealing a lot. But, sure, at the end, it's no big deal.

I never listened to it, but that was out of choice. I wanted to wait for the official release. So yeah it's kinda funny. But I really don't think it's a MAJOR MINUS when speaking about the Coldplay fandom. Some fans were excited and even made covers, so what? It turned out not to be Coldplay, yes, but if they were inspired by it and it made them feel happy, what's the harm? Sounds like it put people in amazing spirits. :) And now we can all look forward to the real Miracles. :)

Ohh what a scary thought that a fandom would start speculating and talking about anything related to :gasp: the band they love. Instead we should all shut our mouths and do nothing. This is truly what could go wrong with the Coldplay fandom. /s

But seriously this is what makes the fandom fun and exciting. Otherwise all this waiting for something new would be boring.

I'm amazed that people are amazed!

There is also some guy on another thread who claims he knows all about LP7. And guess what?! People believe him as well laugh4.gif

Ohh what a scary thought that a fandom would start speculating and talking about anything related to :gasp: the band they love. Instead we should all shut our mouths and do nothing. This is truly what could go wrong with the Coldplay fandom. /s

But seriously this is what makes the fandom fun and exciting. Otherwise all this waiting for something new would be boring.

giphy.gif

bottom bothered