✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

I always feel White Shadows is an underappreciated song. It has got great melodies and is an incredibly energetic song, also live. It should return to Coldplay's setlists.

I agree with you. I heard it after a long time yesterday while I was studying at home and today in the morning again when I was having breakfast. I had forgotten how great and unbelievably magnificent this song sounds! I'm feeling quite ashamed for not remembering the actual beauty of this track... Coldplay could play this song live more often. :)

• Like 1

Hello Coldplayers, I been absent for quite a while and I love that this is one of the first threads I hit, The X&Y era was the first Coldplay show I attended and so happy this was posted, thank you for this!

The full audio of Isle of Wight 2006 has turned up on Youtube recently ! And I think I have a new favourite festival set of the X&Y Era, better than Glastonbury. It has White Shadows, What If and Talk, among others !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5yWzQ9fr5A

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5yWzQ9fr5A

What would I give to have the full video of that evening....

• Like 2

I didn't request a song for the tour but if I did it would've been White Shadows

I feel like they will never ever play dense X&Y songs ever again.

White Shadows, Square One, Low, obviously Talk, and the studio version of Speed of Sound.

It's really unfortunate, but that phase of the band was so unique and exposed Chris' personality. It just feels like the band, especially Chris, are way past those songs, and don't seem to relate to them anymore. The Chris Martin I see now is completely different from the 2006 Chris Martin. And clearly that era does not sit well with the band.

When I was younger, and I heard someone mention Coldplay, the sound and ethereality of X&Y was what I pictured. It was their core sound, IMO.

• Like 6

Hello Coldplayers, I been absent for quite a while and I love this is one of the first threads I hit, The X&Y era was the first Coldplay show I attended and so happy this was posted, thank you for this!

Nice to see you back !!

I feel like they will never ever play dense X&Y songs ever again.

White Shadows, Square One, Low, obviously Talk, and the studio version of Speed of Sound.

It's really unfortunate, but that phase of the band was so unique and exposed Chris' personality. It just feels like the band, especially Chris, are way past those songs, and don't seem to relate to them anymore. The Chris Martin I see now is completely different from the 2006 Chris Martin. And clearly that era does not sit well with the band.

When I was younger, and I heard someone mention Coldplay, the sound and ethereality of X&Y was what I pictured. It was their core sound, IMO.

Oh how I agree with your comment.

• Like 2

The full audio of Isle of Wight 2006 has turned up on Youtube recently ! And I think I have a new favourite festival set of the X&Y Era, better than Glastonbury. It has White Shadows, What If and Talk, among others !!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5yWzQ9fr5A

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5yWzQ9fr5A

What would I give to have the full video of that evening....

Awesome, I don't think I've actually seen this one before, or if I did it was a long time ago. I've been in a funk lately where I don't want to listen to my old favorites because they make me just feel sad that those eras have passed ... which is the worst kind of music funk to be in. Maybe this will help me snap out of it. X&Y always felt like peak Coldplay to me, even though AROBTTH was my favorite ... I guess since when X&Y came out it was the first release of theirs where I felt like part of the actual world, not just college, and I was a little more in tune (albeit not much) to what the band was doing other than just listening to the music. It was also the first era I really thought about wanting to go to a show even though I never did it. But just something about the whole vibe of that time stands out to me ... just like [uSER=109713]@A Guy Full of Stars[/uSER] said it is sort of their "core" sound. Maybe I will put this video on later and get lost in it to the point I forget how much they want to get away from it now.

• Like 7

Awesome, I don't think I've actually seen this one before, or if I did it was a long time ago. I've been in a funk lately where I don't want to listen to my old favorites because they make me just feel sad that those eras have passed ... which is the worst kind of music funk to be in. Maybe this will help me snap out of it. X&Y always felt like peak Coldplay to me, even though AROBTTH was my favorite ... I guess since when X&Y came out it was the first release of theirs where I felt like part of the actual world, not just college, and I was a little more in tune (albeit not much) to what the band was doing other than just listening to the music. It was also the first era I really thought about wanting to go to a show even though I never did it. But just something about the whole vibe of that time stands out to me ... just like [uSER=109713]@A Guy Full of Stars[/uSER] said it is sort of their "core" sound. Maybe I will put this video on later and get lost in it to the point I forget how much they want to get away from it now.

Yeah that's the same with me. But not only is it the eras that have passed but listening to some of those old songs brings back feelings about people and places, that I miss. Which can also make it pretty hard sometimes to listen to those songs.

• Like 2

Glad you like what I upload to my YouTube Channel! :P Please subscribe! :D

Yeah that's the same with me. But not only is it the eras that have passed but listening to some of those old songs brings back feelings about people and places, that I miss. Which can also make it pretty hard sometimes to listen to those songs.

That happens to me every single time I hear songs like Speed Of Sound, Animals, Spies, Bigger Stronger and so on... It's hard not to remember my years as a teen, listening to this songs later at a quiet night, remembering people that are not around anymore... I trully miss that years/eras, and thet fact they almost hate those songs/eras is a pain in the butt! Ghost Stories was such a relief, the songs reminded me to the ancient Coldplay, specially Ghost Story and Always In My Head!

• Like 1

I love X&Y very much but I also think it doesn't flow very well as an album, feels more like a compilation of great songs rather than one piece, if you know what I mean. This fast-slow-fast-slow-fast-slow structure is the main problem, I think. AROBTTH for example has a much better flow.

And that was my 19.000th post on Coldplaying !

• Like 3

Oh exactly, it's the whole package ... it's not just the eras of the band, but eras of my life, and the people and places that were in them, even different versions of myself. A lot of stuff changes that you just can't change back no matter how much you want. Sometimes (actually almost all the time) being able to "go back" via the songs is a blessing; but there are also times it can be very difficult emotionally.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

hello friends,

super old player here. I think I joined this site in like 03 after hearing clocks on Radio 1. You're all right about everything. Since high school the one constant in my life has been coldplay.

GS gave me hope. "All I Can Think About is You" is like a love child between AROBTTH and X&Y with a modern synth.

It gives me hope.

Now this Oldplayer will go back into the shadows...

jonny

• Like 8