🪐CHECK OUT THE LATEST NEWS AND RUMOURS ON COLDPLAY'S UPCOMING ALBUM🪐

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I've been listening to A Rush Of Blood To The Head and its B-sides quite a lot lately. I'm really hoping we get a cool 20th anniversary deluxe re-release in 2022. They might not do this if they end up promoting a new album around the same time, but hey, we might get lucky.

If I could put together a special anniversary deluxe edition, this is what I would include:

• The original album, remastered
  • All the B-sides, remastered
  • Previously unreleased songs like Idiot and A Ghost. Maybe even A View From The Top, or whatever that song is actually called (because this is an unofficial title)
  • Demos and/or early live versions of songs from the 2001 tour
  • The full audio for Live 2003, because the original live album only includes part of the concert
  • Live 2003 on Blu-ray, including all the bonus features and music videos
  • Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Care 1
  • Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Welcome back ! Ownership is still the same (Stephen), but the forum did a major upgrade that allows better social media integration and is now also for the first time ever entirely self-hosted  I

I've been listening to A Rush Of Blood To The Head and its B-sides quite a lot lately. I'm really hoping we get a cool 20th anniversary deluxe re-release in 2022. They might not do this if they end up

I've come back after a few months and the forum has changed yet again 😃 I'm struggling to figure out what's what/who's who! Can my dear lovely Oldplayers please enlighten me as to what's been going on

Posted Images

2 hours ago, 42Escapist said:

I've been listening to A Rush Of Blood To The Head and its B-sides quite a lot lately. I'm really hoping we get a cool 20th anniversary deluxe re-release in 2022. They might not do this if they end up promoting a new album around the same time, but hey, we might get lucky.

If I could put together a special anniversary deluxe edition, this is what I would include:

• The original album, remastered
  • All the B-sides, remastered
  • Previously unreleased songs like Idiot and A Ghost. Maybe even A View From The Top, or whatever that song is actually called (because this is an unofficial title)
  • Demos and/or early live versions of songs from the 2001 tour
  • The full audio for Live 2003, because the original live album only includes part of the concert
  • Live 2003 on Blu-ray, including all the bonus features and music videos

Wow, that'd be quite a re-release! It'd be awesome!

Also, the full-lenght Live 2003 console recording (also unmastered/less people screams) is available floating around the web, it's in lossless quality too... that'd be the audio only part of the concert! :P

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

Every now and then I come across an old, obscure live performance that I've never heard before and I think it's absolutely gorgeous. That's how I feel about this acoustic version of Politik. I believe it's from... 2002? Someone in the comments says it's from 2002. Chris's voice has changed over the years and this definitely sounds like his Rush Of Blood To The Head era voice.

• Like 2
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, 42Escapist said:

Every now and then I come across an old, obscure live performance that I've never heard before and I think it's absolutely gorgeous. That's how I feel about this acoustic version of Politik. I believe it's from... 2002? Someone in the comments says it's from 2002. Chris's voice has changed over the years and this definitely sounds like his Rush Of Blood To The Head era voice.

It's indeed from Coldplay live acoustic at Cafe Kultcomplex in Cologne, 2002!

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2021 at 10:26 PM, 42Escapist said:

what a hidden gem!  I'm pretty sure I've heard this version before...

• Like 1