✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

I'm a bit nervous about LP8. I was hoping the MX-AHFOD pop thing was just a phase, but maybe not? Maybe this is just who they'll be going forward. Would be a big shame if that's the case.

Unrelated note, did a HQ version of the acoustic Lovers in Japan ever surface? It's one of my favourite recordings from the band, but the version I've got sounds like it was recorded underwater :/

If I'm not mistaken, LiJ only existed on iTunes and whichever online stream services and was available for the ones who pre-ordered the album, so, surely, no acoutic versions because it wasn't released physically or available for some FLAC streaming services because, yeah, that was 2008, what do we want lol But that version sounds so heavenly good... Wish we had a really HQ version of it, ears would be truly blessed :heart:

LOL Guys, that version actually got released on a charity album on iTunes Canada. I have the track on M4A straight from iTunes if you want it...

Trying not to get too excited as we've only heard 20% of the LP (and as there are still some flaws of modern Coldplay/Chris writing and vocals here and there), but this is probably the best start to a new era for a long while.

Really hoping I can go back to this thread in 15 days to tell once and for all that Everyday Life is the best Coldplay work since Viva.

Guess what...

2072818590_Capturedcran2019-11-1217_08_57.png.971c608eebd84f381a20f4b6c5808a26.png

• Like 2
  • Wow 1

Better than Viva, Fuck it’s better than X&Y.

Best Coldplay LP since AROBTTH anyone?

No, I have to disagree. But I'm happy for you that you like it.

I think Coldplay will always suffer from their first four releases anyway, even if EL turns out to be a great album. VLV was so good imo that it would now need a masterpiece to be able to equal it or at least get close.

Still too early to rank it for me, but EL is definitely closer to the first four albums than MX/GS/AHFOD. It is clearly a step forward. I think it has some modern Coldplay flaws and fillers that won't make me like it as much as the first four (minus X&Y maybe) overtime. At least they go somewhere with this album, so we can be happy in the end. EL has some bangers that could even be better if they were played live.

• Like 3

Champion of the World is a gift to Oldplayers !!!!

TROUBLE IN TOWN!!!!!

VIVA COLDPLAY!

This whole album is a gift to Oldplayers.

Better than Viva, Fuck it’s better than X&Y.

Best Coldplay LP since AROBTTH anyone?

Huh? Was the whole Everyday Life album leaked already? Or are you guys just speculating?

• Haha 1