✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

I have the same feeling. I have never seen them live though. If only I coudl turn time back and go to the AROBTTH or Twisted Logic Tour... :(

The first time i saw them was 2002 (I think) the AROBTTH tour and they were amazing, saw them twice then. I then saw them twice on the X&Y tour when I met Chris and again they were amazing, then again on the VLV tour. On the MX tour when I saw them I started to feel more disenfranchised and wasn't as impressed the show was spectacular but I felt less into it. Now I haven't even bought tickets and don't really have any wish to go.

• Like 1

^ I think they are all a lot more involved in the band and in making decisions than most of us give them credit for... Every one signs off before it goes unto the album. The only thing that can be argued I guess is no one feels they can do better than CM, so maybe something that he has responsibility for (eg lyrics) gets included even if it is not the best...

I wonder whether anyone has the power to tell him, "this is not good enough, go rewrite..." :P

• Like 1

I have the same feeling. I have never seen them live though. If only I coudl turn time back and go to the AROBTTH or Twisted Logic Tour... :(

I wish I had a time machine to do that too! It reminds me of when I first saw a Coldplay concert on tv. It was during the Twisted Logic Tour somewhere in Canada I think. And I was blown away by how amazing they were. I wanted to cry because I wished so much to see them live but I never had thought I would be able to go see them. Luckily I did see them later in VLV era, and have seen them a few times after. I have loved their concerts so much but this has been the first time that I have remembered that Twisted Logic concert. And now I'm thinking about how it had made me feel about them. To me they felt legendary. Now I am sad that I will never be a part of that experience. But I'll still happily go to their concert because I know they have to play some old ones.

Guest kmm1482
How do correlate being a fan of their old music and being a fan of the band and the direction they have now? If this was any other band and this was their first or second album, I'd dismiss it and say I wasn't a fan and say it was rubbish, yet they've produced earlier in their career some of the best music in the past 20 years. I even feel like I have no interest in going to see them live as I can imagine what it will be like, bright colors, happy, happy, happy and crazy recorded synth sounds everywhere urghhh. I long for 10years ago when I saw them live 4 times and they were a brilliant pure band without all the gimmicks.

I had this same exact thought the other day. Will I have to sit through Sky Full of Stars, Everglow, Ink, Princess of China and Hymn for the Weekend just to get The Scientist??

People keep asking me, "Aren't you excited Coldplay is performing the Super Bowl Halftime show?" And I shock them by answering, "No. No I'm not"

I just read a Youtube comment underneath a cover of the Scientist posted by someone in 2014 which said "I love Coldplay, but I've never heard of this song !"

o_O Welcome to the new generation of Coldplay fans.

Oh wow, that's terrible

Guest kmm1482
I just read a Youtube comment underneath a cover of the Scientist posted by someone in 2014 which said "I love Coldplay, but I've never heard of this song !"

[ATTACH=full]3379[/ATTACH]

oh dear what is happening... (this is either funny or depressing)

that's like buying a car and not knowing how to drive it.

Also I saw a comment on the Toronto 2006 video "why didn't they play Viva la Vida... (etc)"

Guest kmm1482
I wish I was there:

One of the most relaxing performances I've ever seen.

Yeeeeah, that's the stuff [emoji5]️[emoji7]

People keep asking me, "Aren't you excited Coldplay is performing the Super Bowl Halftime show?" And I shock them by answering, "No. No I'm not"

Honestly, if they want that performance to go over well, they're going to have to play something other than a mashup of ASFoS, Hymn, and Paradise. A lot of football fans (at least, the ones I interact with) definitely lean more toward the rock side of the spectrum than the pop side.

I hope they at least opt to play one of their lesser-known singles like Violet Hill or Clocks (how weird is that, that more people will connect ASFoS to Coldplay than they will Clocks...) just to get that rock punch in, because otherwise Coldplay is gonna get solidified as "just another bland pop band" for the rest of their career.

One of the biggest issues I have with the album and I'm going to talk about in my review is the absence of any real drums. I don't even understand where Will must have been during the recording process. Why would they make a conscious decision to produce the entire fucking album with no drums?!

• Like 2

One of the biggest issues I have with the album and I'm going to talk about in my review is the absence of any real drums. I don't even understand where Will must have been during the recording process. Why would they make a conscious decision to produce the entire fucking album with no drums?!

Most of the band are drowned under the production and you can barely here them. It sounds a lot like a Chris Martin solo album.

• Like 3

Guest kmm1482
Honestly, if they want that performance to go over well, they're going to have to play something other than a mashup of ASFoS, Hymn, and Paradise. A lot of football fans (at least, the ones I interact with) definitely lean more toward the rock side of the spectrum than the pop side.

I hope they at least opt to play one of their lesser-known singles like Violet Hill or Clocks (how weird is that, that more people will connect ASFoS to Coldplay than they will Clocks...) just to get that rock punch in, because otherwise Coldplay is gonna get solidified as "just another bland pop band" for the rest of their career.

I totally agree. I think there will be a big emphasis on AHFOD (marketing the new album and whatnot) then a short greatest hits (clocks and Viva) I don't see Fix You or Yellow going over well at a Halftime show

OMG look that performance!!!I miss that ROCK coldplay :((, but i still like them!!

Wow I really REALLY want them to rock harder in the veins of GPASUYF/Violet Hill/Major Minus but this is so awkward and fake and mimics Thom Yorke's mannerisms and kinda embarrassing to watch.

To be honest I think they (personified by Chris) are a lot more sincere and true to themselves now that they were on the first 3 albums, especially looking at the live performances. They are funny and smiley and dorky that's who they are take it or leave it.

(or maybe just older and more confidant but I definitely prefer them live now)

• Like 2