✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

Not sure about acoustics... I love their earlier acoustic works but I feel that for instance the acoustic songs on MX were horrible (at least that's what I think) and did not have the quality of for example those of the Parachutes Era or even acoustic song versions of the Viva Era.

That's funny because I think the acoustic songs of MX were done of the highlights! But we all have different opinions and that's okay :)

But I so think UFO is underrated especially... :(

That's funny because I think the acoustic songs of MX were done of the highlights! But we all have different opinions and that's okay :)

But I so think UFO is underrated especially... :(

UFO is imho the better of the two, but still don't really like Chris's vocals there !

The guy in the Arctic Monkeys t shirt knows what he's talking about:

]Mobile Link: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1IT9L1tKHf0 URL]

Buzzfeed is without question the worst the internet has to offer. The "callout" on Chris comment just shows you how little BuzzFeed actually cares about the source material. Better yet here's a video

With little investigation, you'd figure out that the design and color scheme are very similar to all the this era's artwork. But instead of informing the viewers as to why he's wearing it they just let the (probably scripted) joke run it's so hilarious and original course.

Also the comment on traffic in India is supposed to come off as sarcastic and imply it's a stereotype. I'll let you decide for yourself (the man in the video might come off as opinionated but it's worth hearing his input)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=mPne-q4ynts;m=4;s=26

Note at 5:54 what comes along the right side of the road for extra fun

I did however, after bearing through this video, feel the genuine pain for the Arctic Monkeys dude.

• Like 1

Buzzfeed is without question the worst the internet has to offer. The "callout" on Chris comment just shows you how little BuzzFeed actually cares about the source material. Better yet here's a video

With little investigation, you'd figure out that the design and color scheme are very similar to all the this era's artwork. But instead of informing the viewers as to why he's wearing it they just let the (probably scripted) joke run it's so hilarious and original course.

Also the comment on traffic in India is supposed to come off as sarcastic and imply it's a stereotype. I'll let you decide for yourself (the man in the video might come off as opinionated but it's worth hearing his input)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=mPne-q4ynts;m=4;s=26

Note at 5:54 what comes along the right side of the road for extra fun

I did however, after bearing through this video, feel the genuine pain for the Arctic Monkeys dude.

The second video is a false link.

Whenever I watch old performances I think it's such a crime that the good stuff had to get the worse end of the deal. I would give so much to have Glastonbury 2002 in its complete form on a nice professionally recorded DVD. At least we got Live 2003.

• Like 2

Whenever I watch old performances I think it's such a crime that the good stuff had to get the worse end of the deal. I would give so much to have Glastonbury 2002 in its complete form on a nice professionally recorded DVD. At least we got Live 2003.

I had to buy a Glasto 2005 bootleg because I just had to have a DVD of the X&Y Era ! It's such a shame there is no Live 2006 and Live 2009 !!! (or Live 2001, although I understand that they were still too low-key at that point) But then for GS which is nowhere near this stuff in quality they record a Live DVD. These are things that I don't understand....

• Like 1

I had to buy a Glasto 2005 bootleg because I just had to have a DVD of the X&Y Era ! It's such a shame there is no Live 2006 and Live 2009 !!! (or Live 2001, although I understand that they were still too low-key at that point) But then for GS which is nowhere near this stuff in quality they record a Live DVD. These are things that I don't understand....

Found this for 2001, not bad.

I think In My Place during this set is a good example of what AROBTTH really did for them. It gave them a little energy where it was needed.

• Like 1

sigh... I spent my teenage years with Parachutes and Rush of blood, Coldplay was my favourite band (next to RH). I basically grew up with Coldplay songs, there were some b-sides I especially cherished and could listen to all night long, e.g. Easy to please, I ran away, Gravity (live - not the version that came later, it was a bit of a let down tbh). They were so amazing and they meant so much to me. Fast forward to now, I completely forgot about them as their current music no longer affect me in the way they used to (absolutely did not care for mylo whatever, ghost stories I gave it a try but it didn't really stick, this new stuff is catchy but not my thing) . But today, I cam across some ancient videos on youtube and then I remembered how much I loved this band, got all emotional, listened to all the songs from the early 2000s and now I am back here, reminiscing the old times! I am surprised I still remember my password

• Like 4

sigh... I spent my teenage years with Parachutes and Rush of blood, Coldplay was my favourite band (next to RH). I basically grew up with Coldplay songs, there were some b-sides I especially cherished and could listen to all night long, e.g. Easy to please, I ran away, Gravity (live - not the version that came later, it was a bit of a let down tbh). They were so amazing and they meant so much to me. Fast forward to now, I completely forgot about them as their current music no longer affect me in the way they used to (absolutely did not care for mylo whatever, ghost stories I gave it a try but it didn't really stick, this new stuff is catchy but not my thing) . But today, I cam across some ancient videos on youtube and then I remembered how much I loved this band, got all emotional, listened to all the songs from the early 2000s and now I am back here, reminiscing the old times! I am surprised I still remember my password

This version?

• Like 2

I was listening to Atlas a minute ago

great song (radiohead inspired)

and I think that might be one of the best coldplay songs since Viva La Vida

and now I wish that when the band decided to change sound

that would be thier direction

what do oldplayers think of Atlas ??

My favourite Coldplay song and favourite song of all.:D

This version?

yes!!! exactly. I had this manually recorded on my minidisc player or whatever it was I was using back then, and still remember every word Chris said at the beginning and all the random noises throughout the recording.. then I waited patiently for them to release a studio version.. I think they finally did (or he gifted the song to another band? can't remember) and it was a bit of a let down, maybe because I had such high expectations for this song. Anyway, old memories come flooding back to me now, every coldplay song had some stuff attached to them (teenage angst probably)