✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

I can't believe Chris said he wrote a song for Beyonce called "Hook Up" which Beyonce said was rubbish and didn't want to use?! Come on. Chris, get real what are you doing? , you're losing the plot in LA. You ard your band are so far away from all that nonsense. All the "left shark" laughing at Coldplay also :-( I despair for what Coldplay have become and the talent they're leaving behind.

What the heck???? Where you get that from? If that's true, and Beyonce said herself it was rubbish, it must have been pretty freaking bad.

Now AHFOD on the other hand has substituted the rockiness of MX with cheap club dance beats, beat drops, chopped up anoying looping and meaningless background vocals and all the other tricks that every mainstream dancey song uses.

LOL I'm sorry but I couldn't help but laugh at this. But I do agree. This is a major factor in why for me AHFOD is worse than Mylo.

• Like 2

According to my calculations, Coldplay - Pop = Coldplay.

Sounds valid, also, if that's true:

[(Coldplay)(Let Coldplay go on their own path)+(Coldplay) (MX)(GS)(AHFOD)/(Coldplay+pop)]-Coldplay = Coldplay+Happiness

[(Coldplay)(Let Coldplay go on their own path)+(Coldplay) (MX)(GS)(AHFOD)/(Coldplay)]-Coldplay = Coldplay+Happiness

(Let Coldplay go on their own path)+(MX)(GS)(AHFOD)-Coldplay = Coldplay+Happiness

(Let Coldplay go on their own path)+(MX)(GS)(AHFOD) =Happiness

Sorry

Wow... :( That track must have really actually sucked.

Also, found this quote in the article:

"Martin also revealed he keeps up with latest dance trends, saying he is "not sure if I can whip, but I can nae nae with the best of them."

Please don't tell me he actually likes that song. Where'd he go?? I mean, I can appreciate Coldplay's latest offerings, However, I find them uncomparable to Coldplay like AROBTTH. Politik and The Scientist is something that they won't ever make again. "Give me love over, love over, love over thisss...." Hopefully if they go on hiatus they might get their mind refreshed and they'll start to appreciate good music again, but I don't think that's happening again. Unless a miracle happens. But nearly every song nowadays just has this feeling to it... it sounds hollow. What is it? Just not good like last songs!

• Like 2

Also, I saw at the end of the article them being attracted to freaking Beyonce again. Listing her tour dates. Why would they not be doing that with Coldplay? I mean, fair enough, they were announced a few months ago wheras Beyonce's new news is more relevant. but seriosuly the bias towards Beyonce in the news about the Super Bowl not even mentioning Coldplay in some of the titles is really dumb.

• Like 1

but seriosuly the bias towards Beyonce in the news about the Super Bowl not even mentioning Coldplay in some of the titles is really dumb.

It's probably a tactic to get (more) people listening; more people care/know about Beyonce and these websites need their cash, so yeah. I really don't mind the halftime but I still find it wrong that they don't credit Coldplay.

• Like 1

The strangest thing is, 12 years ago if you said you liked Coldplay, you were classed as a depressive and boring

Which, ironically, is also happening to this thread (being labelled as depressing, that is).

Though if it makes new fans happier, I don't think it will last for long and I agree on one thing: there's no reason to be on a band forum if I'm not a fan anymore, and indeed I see a few people have already gone. I've briefly come here to see if I was the only one baffled by the last work(s) and it was nice to see that maybe I'm not that crazy. But other than that, I think it's like beating a dead horse now. They're done for good, life goes on.

Which, ironically, is also happening to this thread (being labelled as depressing, that is).

Though if it makes new fans happier, I don't think it will last for long and I agree on one thing: there's no reason to be on a band forum if I'm not a fan anymore, and indeed I see a few people have already gone. I've briefly come here to see if I was the only one baffled by the last work(s) and it was nice to see that maybe I'm not that crazy. But other than that, I think it's like beating a dead horse now. They're done for good, life goes on.

:( Don't leave ! I know some Oldplayers have been leaving but in essence you are thereby leaving the forum to the bubblegum pop crowd who got to know Coldplay as the band who did A Sky Full Of Stars...

• Like 3

Which amuses me endlessly. The new fans are exactly the type of people who would have mocked you for liking Coldplay 10 years ago.

Coldplay have done a complete 360 and for what???

• Like 2

I really hope they stay away from the recording studio as soon as possible now. I don't expect them to ever return to their old style, but if they don't stay away long enough we will get something in the same vein as their recent music for the next record (poppy, dancey, electronic, sugary). If they take a long enough hiatus I at least hope we might get something different one day.

I was listening to Atlas a minute ago

great song (radiohead inspired)

and I think that might be one of the best coldplay songs since Viva La Vida

and now I wish that when the band decided to change sound

that would be thier direction

what do oldplayers think of Atlas ??

It's ok, nothing that great.

One thing I really don't see is how the current era is any different from the MX era.

Bar some superficial and aesthetic differences such as swapping out the colours and being influenced by eastern religion rather than graffiti.

Sub in Beyonce for Rihanna, change your sugary synths, swap out the patches on your t shirt and away you go!

Really casts some doubt on the "different album each time" mantra. As a jaded fan of the early work it immensely amuses and distresses me that they were much more profound and mature at my age than they are approaching 40. I fear one day I will morph into a big child with purple shoes and be transfixed on all the pretty lights/colours. I feel embarrassed for them and feel embarrassed to call myself a Coldplay fan.

After Viva they should have taken a long break and come back with something bolder and stronger. I think at this stage they're artistically burnt out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BXg18Cx0DM

"This album started the day Viva was released."

I can only imagine how downhill it went in those years.

"Make things sound more alive and colorful"

Hmmm where have I heard that before.

"(Speaking about the album cover and the album) It's about finding freedom in an oppressive situation."

"(Lyrics) are about sticking together with the people you love."

I don't see how any of this is different than AHFOD, I'm in full agreement with you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=euASk1fJVL8;m=2;s=42

Wow how insightful Guy, maybe you should produce the albums.

"We played all the studio games on (Low) that song, if you do that on every song it turns out rubbish."

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

"The bands we've been listening to recently; Joy Division, Kraftwerk, David Bowie, etc, etc"

I wonder why the new albums sound different :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=Sm6RP7Agrdc;m=2;s=7

"I can't wait to play all those songs forever."

no comment

• Like 4

I really hope they stay away from the recording studio as soon as possible now. I don't expect them to ever return to their old style, but if they don't stay away long enough we will get something in the same vein as their recent music for the next record (poppy, dancey, electronic, sugary). If they take a long enough hiatus I at least hope we might get something different one day.

Nah, what I'm hoping for is that Chris gets inspired to record some acoustics (maybe for some charity event). Other than that, they should be banned from it for at least 3 years.

Nah, what I'm hoping for is that Chris gets inspired to record some acoustics (maybe for some charity event). Other than that, they should be banned from it for at least 3 years.

Not sure about acoustics... I love their earlier acoustic works but I feel that for instance the acoustic songs on MX were horrible (at least that's what I think) and did not have the quality of for example those of the Parachutes Era or even acoustic song versions of the Viva Era.

Not sure about acoustics... I love their earlier acoustic works but I feel that for instance the acoustic songs on MX were horrible (at least that's what I think) and did not have the quality of for example those of the Parachutes Era or even acoustic song versions of the Viva Era.

What I meant was acoustic versions of AHFOD songs. But yeah, Chris has gotten lazy while singing. He doesn't have proper breathing techniques when singing. Sometimes, I feel like he needs to get some singing lessons. I really hope that they get inspired by the tour to possibly go back to their roots. A little hate may be required.

Which amuses me endlessly. The new fans are exactly the type of people who would have mocked you for liking Coldplay 10 years ago.

Coldplay have done a complete 360 and for what???

It's crazy. They made the Coldplay bashers Coldplay lovers and the Coldplay lovers the Coldplay bashers (more like Newplay bashers :P)

Well, at least they have variety in their discography if anyone wants that. There is something for everyone now.

I personally do prefer most of Oldplay however !

• Like 2

What I meant was acoustic versions of AHFOD songs. But yeah, Chris has gotten lazy while singing. He doesn't have proper breathing techniques when singing. Sometimes, I feel like he needs to get some singing lessons. I really hope that they get inspired by the tour to possibly go back to their roots. A little hate may be required.

Lol he'll still forever be better than I could ever dream of being :P But I agree!

"We played all the studio games on (Low) that song, if you do that on every song it turns out rubbish."

wwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

"The bands we've been listening to recently; Joy Division, Kraftwerk, David Bowie, etc, etc"

I wonder why the new albums sound different :)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

XwlSGAK.gif

the sarcasm SLAYED ME