✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

Chris, I've said this like a thousand times now. Stop the pop and GO AMBIENT

:D

Even a dreampop/shoegaze/chillwave new direction could be great :D

Even new age, bossanova, blues,.... but please stop this sugary mainstream phase, we can't stand it anymore

• Like 4

Also, his singing seems to be more off these days.. Usually because he's jumping/dancing like crazy, but with this performance he already started not so great while just sitting in front of his piano.. it's getting uncomfortable to listen at (sorry cm!).

I think he can still bring it in when he needs to, but he isn't doing it nearly enough.

Sounds almost exactly like the record, doesn't it ? :) Back then when he still had great and not overproduced vocals..

If I have some time tonight I wanna find a song that they've played every era or close to it, so something like Trouble or The Scientist, and compare them.

If I have some time tonight I wanna find a song that they've played every era or close to it, so something like Trouble or The Scientist, and compare them.

That would be a great thing to do ! Looking forward to your results. I would recommend using something that debuted in the Parachutes Era like Trouble or Yellow to have the maximum time span ! :)

That would be a great thing to do ! Looking forward to your results. I would recommend using something that debuted in the Parachutes Era like Trouble or Yellow to have the maximum time span ! :)

I was gonna do Yellow but decided Trouble should probably be the choice because they've tinkered around with Yellow a bit over the years where Trouble has stayed mainly the same.

I was gonna do Yellow but decided Trouble should probably be the choice because they've tinkered around with Yellow a bit over the years where Trouble has stayed mainly the same.

Good reasoning. Yes, he sings Yellow much lower nowadays and with different intros...

I find it very sad that he also has to sing Fix You lower nowadays. Loved his earlier, pure falsetto.

• Like 2

uh shit stuff i'd keep from the new albums in no particular order

hurts like heaven

charlie brown

fly on / up with the birds (mix these two together a bit to make a double track might be ok)

another's arms

always in my head

oceans

ink (MOAR EMOTION PLZ)

adventure of a lifetime

magic (which i honestly think could be made significantly better if the vocals had just a bit more of a raw warm feel ala parachutes rather than how squeaky clean they sound)

you could probably forge a bit of a narrative with these in the right order. keep in mind ive listened to the new album once and forget most of the newest stuff

Hey everyone Im joining the forum. After much consideration and listening to Fall Out Boy, Ive come to my senses that rock needs to he saved and that Coldplay is not helping with that so whatever. I listen to everything but AHFOD because I think MX has some good tunes in it and Ghost Stories connects to me at a personal level.

Someone on the LP7 thread had an idea for the band that I think we should all send to them (DM on instagram like I have or email). Here it is:

Too many people are leaving this forum

Please can I offer Coldplay an idea, but mainly I'm talking to Chris. This is an opportunity like no other to turn the direction of your albums the other way after the AHFOD tour. Please read.

Step 1: Directly after the tour, take a long break/hiatus before you return to the studio. Free yourself from the pop anthems you 'want' to write and try and explore the music world a bit more. Try and listen to more of your idols like Travis and Radiohead and bring back some ideas to the rest of your bandmates. Then if you want, try listening to some ambient material to soothe yourself and give yourself a creative idea (like Jon Hopkins, Tycho, Big Noble, Sigur Ros) and write those ideas down as well. Then explore even further into the music world, finding new talents with unique abilities. Some are accessible (but still very good) like twenty one pilots. Some are less accessible (but still very good) like Nine Inch Nails who produce darker ambient music and industrial rock which you could use for ideas. Then contact other band members and see if you can share ideas with each other. During this, try and also come out of the 'safe' pop zone and let the possibilities within other genres be endless! Then scrap Stargate, and continue. Also, refer back to your older material for ideas.

Step 2: Announce a change in direction in the year 2019 and produce a different project entirely use your influences and don't let this album feel forced. It could be any genre you want, just not the previous bubblegum pop direction during AHFOD. You could become Ambient, Jazz, Electronica, Rock (although you may not want to as you said you don't want to be a rock band) or even Synthpop or Industrial or Reggae or even Folk!

These are just ideas, but if something doesn't change in Coldplay's direction soon, I'm gonna be sad

#StopBubblegumPop

(lets spread the word so its heard!)

• Like 4

Hey everyone Im joining the forum. After much consideration and listening to Fall Out Boy, Ive come to my senses that rock needs to he saved and that Coldplay is not helping with that so whatever. I listen to everything but AHFOD because I think MX has some good tunes in it and Ghost Stories connects to me at a personal level.

Someone on the LP7 thread had an idea for the band that I think we should all send to them (DM on instagram like I have or email). Here it is:

Please can I offer Coldplay an idea, but mainly I'm talking to Chris. This is an opportunity like no other to turn the direction of your albums the other way after the AHFOD tour. Please read.

Step 1: Directly after the tour, take a long break/hiatus before you return to the studio. Free yourself from the pop anthems you 'want' to write and try and explore the music world a bit more. Try and listen to more of your idols like Travis and Radiohead and bring back some ideas to the rest of your bandmates. Then if you want, try listening to some ambient material to soothe yourself and give yourself a creative idea (like Jon Hopkins, Tycho, Big Noble, Sigur Ros) and write those ideas down as well. Then explore even further into the music world, finding new talents with unique abilities. Some are accessible (but still very good) like twenty one pilots. Some are less accessible (but still very good) like Nine Inch Nails who produce darker ambient music and industrial rock which you could use for ideas. Then contact other band members and see if you can share ideas with each other. During this, try and also come out of the 'safe' pop zone and let the possibilities within other genres be endless! Then scrap Stargate, and continue. Also, refer back to your older material for ideas.

Step 2: Announce a change in direction in the year 2019 and produce a different project entirely use your influences and don't let this album feel forced. It could be any genre you want, just not the previous bubblegum pop direction during AHFOD. You could become Ambient, Jazz, Electronica, Rock (although you may not want to as you said you don't want to be a rock band) or even Synthpop or Industrial or Reggae or even Folk!

These are just ideas, but if something doesn't change in Coldplay's direction soon, I'm gonna be sad

#StopBubblegumPop

Thank you so much A Rush Of Magic. This is in my opinion one of the best things they should do to return their older fans as well as please their new fans!

PS: Welcome to the thread:D

• Like 1

2000: "We never change, do we? No, no. We never learn, do we? So I wanna live in a wooden house, Where making more friends would be easy. Oh and I don't have a soul to save, Yes, and I sin every single day."

2016: "I'm feeling drunk and high! so high, so high"

Idiocracy.

• Like 1

#StopBubblegumPop

I would heavily advise against literally all of this

• Like 1