✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

Hey everyone Im joining the forum. After much consideration and listening to Fall Out Boy, Ive come to my senses that rock needs to he saved and that Coldplay is not helping with that so whatever. I listen to everything but AHFOD because I think MX has some good tunes in it and Ghost Stories connects to me at a personal level.

Someone on the LP7 thread had an idea for the band that I think we should all send to them (DM on instagram like I have or email). Here it is:

Too many people are leaving this forum

Please can I offer Coldplay an idea, but mainly I'm talking to Chris. This is an opportunity like no other to turn the direction of your albums the other way after the AHFOD tour. Please read.

Step 1: Directly after the tour, take a long break/hiatus before you return to the studio. Free yourself from the pop anthems you 'want' to write and try and explore the music world a bit more. Try and listen to more of your idols like Travis and Radiohead and bring back some ideas to the rest of your bandmates. Then if you want, try listening to some ambient material to soothe yourself and give yourself a creative idea (like Jon Hopkins, Tycho, Big Noble, Sigur Ros) and write those ideas down as well. Then explore even further into the music world, finding new talents with unique abilities. Some are accessible (but still very good) like twenty one pilots. Some are less accessible (but still very good) like Nine Inch Nails who produce darker ambient music and industrial rock which you could use for ideas. Then contact other band members and see if you can share ideas with each other. During this, try and also come out of the 'safe' pop zone and let the possibilities within other genres be endless! Then scrap Stargate, and continue. Also, refer back to your older material for ideas.

Step 2: Announce a change in direction in the year 2019 and produce a different project entirely use your influences and don't let this album feel forced. It could be any genre you want, just not the previous bubblegum pop direction during AHFOD. You could become Ambient, Jazz, Electronica, Rock (although you may not want to as you said you don't want to be a rock band) or even Synthpop or Industrial or Reggae or even Folk!

These are just ideas, but if something doesn't change in Coldplay's direction soon, I'm gonna be sad

#StopBubblegumPop

(lets spread the word so its heard!)

All I can say is that you're trying to boil down the ocean. Best of luck though.

Chris: Okay guys, this time, lets make a more acoustic and laid back album!

*Creates Mylo Xyloto*

Chris: Okay guys, let's try again. We need to stick to acoustic.

*Creates Ghost Stories*

Chris: AH FUCK IT. LETS GO FULL BLOWN POP. Invite those Sungate guys or whatever they're called. The more mainstream, the better!

A Head Full Of Dreams

• Like 2

Yes, I hope that either of the two will be in soundcheck or possibly even in the actual concert.

I am getting a bit tired of Yellow, I must say....that song is somewhat overplayed.

I think Viva La Vida is a safe bet and that's also a song I never get tired of :D

• Like 1

I wasn't expecting much but this sucked. When's the last time there was an interview that actually talked about the music in some depth?

Exactly... I feel like with every passing Coldplay era there are less and less retrospective interviews that actually dig into the music being promoted.

I think Viva La Vida is a safe bet

Turns out I was wrong with this sentence :D

I am getting a bit tired of Yellow, I must say....that song is somewhat overplayed.

Turns out I actually loved it when they played it live; it sounded very rocky !

• Like 2

I wasn't expecting much but this sucked. When's the last time there was an interview that actually talked about the music in some depth?

I havent watched it yet but to be honest this is Elvis Duran. When I first saw this host talking to them before last years IHeartRadio Festival I immeditaley realized he is dumb and shallow, so I"m not expecting a decent interview.

• Like 1

Exactly... I feel like with every passing Coldplay era there are less and less retrospective interviews that actually dig into the music being promoted.

No one even bothers anymore, and they're out of the interview/promotion season so it's unlikely to see them really go track by track, not that I particularly care about AHFOD but I still like to hear Chris talk about the music. I think the only time GS got any discussion was the Zane Lowe interview.

Turns out I was wrong with this sentence :D

Turns out I actually loved it when they played it live; it sounded very rocky !

Yellow was easily the highest energy point of the MX concert when I saw them.

• Like 1