✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

My favourite Coldplay song and favourite song of all.:D

i like this song too, but for some reason what i like about this song is everything before it explodes into chorus with chris singing 'carry your world' - don't know why i find that main part a bit anti climatic, but still a lovely song nonetheless

Yep, the relations I have with that song have helped me so much over the years and through the really stressful times:)

sorry to hear that

well I guess every coldplay fan has a song by them that he can relate to

and that's why we love them

I think Chris is being slightly disingenuous when he says that AHFOD has been the album they always wanted to make and that they're comfortable now.

I just can't image the 21 year old band who re-recorded AROBTTH to ensure it's perfection as a modern classic we're sitting around the whole time thinking "I wish we could write a song about being drunk and high and give Beyonce 40 million to wail over it to increase its commercial viability"

No Chris, It's the album YOU'VE wanted to make since meeting Jay Z in 2008. It's just taken you this long to wear down the artistic integrity of the other 3 members. Talk about jumping the shark :huh:

• Like 7

Does anyone else think that if AHFOD kept pushing in he direction of the title track and "Birds" that it would have been actually good? For me the album massively drops off after the first 2 tracks, maybe saved a bit by the drum beat (acoustic for once) on Army of One.

• Like 1

Does anyone else think that if AHFOD kept pushing in he direction of the title track and "Birds" that it would have been actually good? For me the album massively drops off after the first 2 tracks, maybe saved a bit by the drum beat (acoustic for once) on Army of One.

Amazing Day and Up&Up are the only songs I like on the album.

I still think it's a pretty good album but would have been even better if the album was more like that, yes.

If they made anymore tracks like "Birds" they'd put Phoenix out of business. More seriously, I don't think even reciting AROBTTH note for note would have made this album any good. They need to have another Viva and reevaluate how they make music and who they make it with.

My super secret dream is next album they take some instruments up to the rooftop of the bakery and record. Let in all the sounds and have some fun doing something new. Use new instruments like you did in Viva, figure things out.

• Like 2

My dream is a whole album produced only by Jon Hopkins

yes.

At this point, the only songs off AHFoD that I ever listen to are the title track, Birds, and Up&Up. The live version of Everglow from Belasco Theater is pretty good too. If/When the guys make another album, they just need to record it live or something. There's none of that old magic in the new songs.

• Like 2

yes.

At this point, the only songs off AHFoD that I ever listen to are the title track, Birds, and Up&Up. The live version of Everglow from Belasco Theater is pretty good too. If/When the guys make another album, they just need to record it live or something. There's none of that old magic in the new songs.

hmm where have I heard this before

oh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=id=lY-uxPEmYhA;m=3;s=50

• Like 1

I think the foundations for the sound of LP9 are being set right now and in the coming months. That Chris listens to Selena Gomez and Drake makes me lose hope. On the other hand Joni Mitchell is a good influence, would wish his tastes to go down that lane rather than the others....

As someone who enjoys what they're doing, I really hope they don't make us wait for long, but another side of me wants to see something totally different and be blown away. I guess I'm fine with them taking a long break as long as they come back with more than freaking 12 songs(excluding interludes). And it better be worth it!:D

• Like 2

I think the foundations for the sound of LP9 are being set right now and in the coming months. That Chris listens to Selena Gomez and Drake makes me lose hope. On the other hand Joni Mitchell is a good influence, would wish his tastes to go down that lane rather than the others....

You mean LP8 right? Well it sucks that he's listening to trash... it's good that he still listens to some good music. But seriously I dont know why he listens to trash nowadays too. Pathetic. If they are not in fact going to take a long hiatus, then ya you're right. And then the next album will be something that Coldplay haven't done before. Which is still pop, just way more mainstream style like radio style. Which will be terrible. (That's not going to happen, there are certain people that will make sure it wont :D)

You mean LP8 right? Well it sucks that he's listening to trash... it's good that he still listens to some good music. But seriously I dont know why he listens to trash nowadays too. Pathetic. If they are not in fact going to take a long hiatus, then ya you're right. And then the next album will be something that Coldplay haven't done before. Which is still pop, just way more mainstream style like radio style. Which will be terrible. (That's not going to happen, there are certain people that will make sure it wont :D)

Bc his daughter is listening to trash (?) (Taylor Swift, mainstream pop, etc).