✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

===The ultimate Oldplaying Thread===S, BS, TBR, P, AROBTTH, X&Y, VLV, PM===

I ran away

I don't understand the obsession with sending a letter / trying to influence the band to do music one way or another. Chris and the boys are not stupid. They know exactly what kind of sound they want. They are musicians. The music they play characterizes their personality at the moment. Isn't it a bit arrogant to give that kind of advice to them when they've been making music without our advice for the past 7 LPs? I'm not suggesting that we must be happy and fully accept everything (we don't do that anyway, since we prefer one song over another, one album over another, etc.), but this whole send-a-letter-of-complaint idea is stupid.

• Like 4

I don't understand the obsession with sending a letter / trying to influence the band to do music one way or another. Chris and the boys are not stupid. They know exactly what kind of sound they want. They are musicians. The music they play characterizes their personality at the moment. Isn't it a bit arrogant to give that kind of advice to them when they've been making music without our advice for the past 7 LPs? I'm not suggesting that we must be happy and fully accept everything (we don't do that anyway, since we prefer one song over another, one album over another, etc.), but this whole send-a-letter-of-complaint idea is stupid.

It was not gonna be a letter of complaint or a directive what music to play, more an explanation how some parts of the fandom (and mostly those parts of the fandom thanks to which Coldplay actually got so successful...) feel about their newer output and to thus show up an alternative line of thinking, one that the boys currently don't seem to have on the radar

It was not gonna be a letter of complaint or a directive what music to play, more an explanation how some parts of the fandom (and mostly those parts of the fandom thanks to which Coldplay actually got so successful...) feel about their newer output and to thus show up an alternative line of thinking, one that the boys currently don't seem to have on the radar

The thing is: I think they are aware of that.

I watched a "Google Hangout" interview with Guy and Will. It's not on YouTube or anything, but I have the video (not sure where I got it) and there's a point where one of the interviewers says, "Describe the evolution of Coldplay, because you guys have changed quite a bit since I first saw you on stage." Guy's response: "I think that's true. A lot of people don't like the music we make now, compared to our first albums. But a lot of people like the music we make now and don't like our first albums. So we're in a difficult position, really, now. I think we always try and do something different. It's interesting to try and push boundaries and to explore different influences in our music and I think we'll continue to do that. So who knows what our music will sound like in 5 years or so." Then another interviewer says, "So there will be another album, since you're talking 5 years..." Then Guy: "Well, I hope so. We're not really thinking beyond the next tour, really, but I'd like to think that. Well, we're enjoying ourselves, so that's the main thing." I have to say, this was the most interesting part of the interview :)

• Like 6

Not only is the music amazing here, but the visuals at the ending of this performance of Lovers in Japan are breathtaking. (@3:12 min)

What an amazing performance ! Didn't know the Viva Tour had such great visuals and deco.. Thanks for sharing !

• Like 1

I came along

I made a list for you

For you to listen to

And it was all Oldplay

I just made an Oldplay playlist on Spotify, for those of you who use it. It should be complete but for Gravity and Proof which I could not find on Spotify (if you miss anything else, let me know).

[MEDIA=spotify]path=user%2Fcoldplayvashtibunyan%2Fplaylist%2F6vc8vFwIaXMy7zx25WNQZm[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://play.spotify.com/user/coldplayvashtibunyan/playlist/6vc8vFwIaXMy7zx25WNQZm

Check it out and follow it !

• Like 3

I came along

I made a list for you

For you to listen to

And it was all Oldplay

I just made an Oldplay playlist on Spotify, for those of you who use it. It should be complete but for Gravity and Proof which I could not find on Spotify (if you miss anything else, let me know).

[MEDIA=spotify]path=user%2Fcoldplayvashtibunyan%2Fplaylist%2F6vc8vFwIaXMy7zx25WNQZm[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://play.spotify.com/user/coldplayvashtibunyan/playlist/6vc8vFwIaXMy7zx25WNQZm

Check it out and follow it !

I followed you, if you don't mind ;)

• Like 1

^This. Unlike you, I enjoyed AHFOD, but I agree in the sense that it's a worse MX.

And that's why I love MX. People say it's pop, nah. Pop rock at the most, only "pop" song is PoC. Paradise has poppiness to it, and UiF has an electronic drumbeat and more of R&B feel. ETIAW has a slight pop feel to it. Everything else is just a happier version of what Coldplay used to do. That's why I see MX as them still doing stuff good since IMO it has the deepness and richness of their old albums, just in a MUCH more colorful and happy format. And the songs that come from this era are just so good that they make me put MX at the top of my album list. However, AROBTTH is pretty freaking good too. I see MX as the perfect "happy" album and AROBTTH the perfect "sad" album. Both are so similar in the regard that they have so much amazing songs. I love to listen to both of them, it's a real treat for me. It's their masterpieces IMO.

Wait, I forgot Im in the Oldplaying thread, not the Myloplaying thread :lol:

• Like 3

Here's my take on the album AROBTTH:

Politik = angry

In My Place = regret

God Put a Smile = jealous

The Scientist = missing someone

Clocks = urgent

Daylight = hope

Green Eyes = admiration

Warning Sign = longing

A Whisper = alone / confused

A Rush of Blood = passionate / regret

Amsterdam = despondent

An overall somber feel to it, but I think that makes it great!

• Like 2