✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

Guest diogo_sg
Maybe without the bridge before the last chorus I wouldn't have liked it, but that part is very good.

The lyrics are better than half of GS but they made better ones in the past.

Yes, it is a very simple pop song, it's like an evolution of Always In My Head (that I like), so for me it's ok. I was expecting something way worse, but we have to hear the rest now.

At the moment I can say that I like it, even if it isn't their most original song

See? Why were you being so pessimist? Let's hope AHFOD also satisfies your wishes, bud [emoji6]

Now I'm not trying to poo poo in anyone's cheerios, but this may be a song that is just for Global Citizen. Hopefully I'm wrong because I would like some moments in the album where it's as slow and beautiful as this song.

I think if it were, Chris/Anchorman would have said so, you know? From what I remember, pretty much every song Coldplay premiered in the summer of festivals in 2011 had no formal introduction. They were simply presented to us, "Here's a new song."

I think that if it was a song for Global Citizen,they would have said so cause why not.Furthermore they said they won't be performing in Global Citizen unless required so i don't see why they would make a new song specifically for Global Citizen.I mean like with all the new clothes and set...

New Poll!

<div id="debate_1_2297181"></div>

<script>

(function () {

var opst = document.createElement('script');

var os_host = document.location.protocol == "https:" ? "https:" : "http:";

opst.type = 'text/javascript';

opst.async = true;

opst.src = os_host + '//' + 'www.opinionstage.com/polls/2297181/embed.js';

(document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] ||

document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(opst);

}());

</script>

Link

Guest diogo_sg
New Poll!

<div id="debate_1_2297181"></div>

<script>

(function () {

var opst = document.createElement('script');

var os_host = document.location.protocol == "https:" ? "https:" : "http:";

opst.type = 'text/javascript';

opst.async = true;

opst.src = os_host + '//' + 'www.opinionstage.com/polls/2297181/embed.js';

(document.getElementsByTagName('head')[0] ||

document.getElementsByTagName('body')[0]).appendChild(opst);

}());

</script>

Link

Huh, isn't the song called Amazing Day? [emoji1]

yeah, if it were a charity single, I would imagine Chris promoting the hell out of it before they played it. Like, we're gonna play a new song, its on itunes, all the proceeds go to global citizen, but we didn't see that.

on the other hand, its a bit weird promoting new stuff at all when the supposed focus is on the issues global citizen wants to address. perhaps chris just wanted to give an exclusive to them?

I still say its an LP7 song but thats just a guess.

It could be one of those tracks they play live to both see how it feels before an audience and to consider whether or not they want it to be on the new record. Anyone remember the band's indecision over "Moving to Mars"? I remember watching an interview of some sort before Coldplay played at the iTunes festival in 2011 (I think that was the year), and when asked about MTM, Jonny answered that they were still thinking about whether to include it on the record or not. As we know, it didn't make it, but it took them a while to figure it out, and that could also be the case with a track like this. So, we'll just have to wait and see!

Guest howyousawtheworld
yeah, if it were a charity single, I would imagine Chris promoting the hell out of it before they played it. Like, we're gonna play a new song, its on itunes, all the proceeds go to global citizen, but we didn't see that.

on the other hand, its a bit weird promoting new stuff at all when the supposed focus is on the issues global citizen wants to address. perhaps chris just wanted to give an exclusive to them?

I still say its an LP7 song but thats just a guess.

These things happen even at charity events. At Live Aid in 1985 at Wembley Stadium U2 were intent on playing and indeed promoting their new single Pride (In The Name Of Love). But that didn't happen. What happened of course goes down as one of the abiding memories of that historic day when they played a 9 minute version, with Bono pulling a girl gasping for a bit of room out of the audience and danced with her, meaning they didn't have enough time to play Pride!

Anyhow, Coldplay playing a new song at a charity event will gain greater exposure for Coldplay in the music press and in turn gain greater promotion for the actual charity itself.

Would be nice to hear a clearer version of the new song though. But I like it - not great but not terrible. It's cheesy but we can all indulge in a bit of cheese from time to time can't we? But it's lovely to hear Jonny playing his distinctly glittery bits on his trusted Suncaster (I'm guessing?)....that model and Jonny go back quite a bit. Read more about it here

http://equipboard.com/pros/jonny-buckland-coldplay/vintage-1972-fender-telecaster-thinline-sunburst

They changed the lyrics when they were soundchecking, didn't they?

Didn't notice a lyric change (of course, I also didn't hear the whole thing from the soundcheck). From what I could hear from the soundcheck snippets, it was just harder to hear what Chris was singing, perhaps from a (maybe purposeful) lack of diction and emphasis. If there is a noticeable difference between the soundcheck and concert performance, I'm only able to discern from the snippets.

Guest diogo_sg
Didn't notice a lyric change (of course, I also didn't hear the whole thing from the soundcheck). From what I could hear from the soundcheck snippets, it was just harder to hear what Chris was singing, perhaps from a (maybe purposeful) lack of diction and emphasis. If there is a noticeable difference between the soundcheck and concert performance, I'm only able to discern from the snippets.

It just seems like the lyrics sound different from the ones sung at the soundcheck.

Guest howyousawtheworld

Had to google Ariana Grande. That's how much I give a shit about modern chart music today. By the looks of things I certainly won't be clicking on that duet.

Had to google Ariana Grande. That's how much I give a shit about modern chart music today. By the looks of things I certainly won't be clicking on that duet.

wow so close minded

she has a great voice, really powerful, she's really talented and you "just by the look of things" decided that it wasnt worth of your hearing

oh well thom yorke is pretty ugly im gonna stop listening to radiohead now

Well, not sure that song gives away anything about the new direction of AHFOD, it kinda sounds like a song off of Ghost Stories mixed with Christmas Lights, nothing we haven't heard before.. Just a nice, ok song without any novelty in my opinion. Nice to listen to but not one that would turn me into a crazier Coldplay fan..