✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

What a shit song. Once they were able to create brilliant music pieces like 'Clocks', 'The scientist', 'Yellow', 'Viva la vida' etc. Now al they can make are electronical boring overproduced songs like we already heared on Ghost Stories and of which at least one will return on AHFOD (Amazing day). I am a great fan but this is just sad....

i'm trying really hard to defend you since its easy for Coldplayers to jump on you for attacking the band's work.

But wtf, how is this over-produced and electronical?

Your opinion is cool. I don't share it. But at least back it up with things that make sense.

What a shit song. Once they were able to create brilliant music pieces like 'Clocks', 'The scientist', 'Yellow', 'Viva la vida' etc. Now al they can make are electronical boring overproduced songs like we already heared on Ghost Stories and of which at least one will return on AHFOD (Amazing day). I am a great fan but this is just sad....

I think your opinion is shit...That's cool you can list every Coldplay song that is on the radio though!

Really? This song is incredibly simple in its production. The primary players are the band members, and the only non-player is the strings (which were likely played and recorded by Davide Rossi). Chris said near the opening that the piano was broken, so I'm sure he would have been playing it if it were functional. Any extra effects were signaled by Jonny's guitar with one or two effects being unrelated to the instruments being played. I'm not sure what song you heard, but your description doesn't seem to align with the structure or production of the one played. No one says you have to like it (you find it boring--that's fine), but it's hardly electronic and is far from over-produced (especially compared to many of the works of their pop star guest this afternoon).

Guest diogo_sg
the bass, guys. the bass :drunk:

That bass killed me. I'm not kidding.

Really? This song is incredibly simple in its production. The primary players are the band members, and the only non-player is the strings (which were likely played and recorded by Davide Rossi). Chris said near the opening that the piano was broken, so I'm sure he would have been playing it if it were functional. Any extra effects were signaled by Jonny's guitar with one or two effects being unrelated to the instruments being played. I'm not sure what song you heard, but your description doesn't seem to align with the structure or production of the one played. No one says you have to like it (you find it boring--that's fine), but it's hardly electronic and is far from over-produced (especially compared to many of the works of their pop star guest this afternoon).

Thank. You.

I hope you're right and this song won't appear on AHFOD, but what I'm trying to say is that I'm just sad they can't make some better stuff than this. Maybe it's just not my taste of music, but in my opinion this song and 'Miracles' (their last two songs) are worse than almost every song they had made before.

Lmao why is it that the 'brilliant music pieces' u named are just the more famous songs from Coldplay

Yeah no doubt these are the songs Coldplay is known for but there are far better underrated songs and I think we shouldn't be so quick to jump to a conclusion already. Tbh, I have already forgotten the tune of Amazing Day, probably bc i heard it only once during the live stream but it is beautiful seriously. I remember feeling enthralled while listening to it. Not the song i expected to hear but nevertheless, you cant deny the fact that it's downright beautiful. Shouldn't exactly be calling it a 'shit song', we ought to be open to new ideas and kinds of songs the band brings. They are always so versatile

Yeah no doubt these are the songs Coldplay is known for but there are far better underrated songs and I think we shouldn't be so quick to jump to a conclusion already. Tbh, I have already forgotten the tune of Amazing Day, probably bc i heard it only once during the live stream but it is beautiful seriously. I remember feeling enthralled while listening to it. Not the song i expected to hear but nevertheless, you cant deny the fact that it's downright beautiful. Shouldn't exactly be calling it a 'shit song', we ought to be open to new ideas and kinds of songs the band brings. They are always so versatile

Exactly!

Guest diogo_sg

If you want to give it another listen:

http:// https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0B5AIeRlcVc68bkIxQ0JPQk9aUXc&export=download

[emoji6]

Maybe without the bridge before the last chorus I wouldn't have liked it, but that part is very good.

The lyrics are better than half of GS but they made better ones in the past.

Yes, it is a very simple pop song, it's like an evolution of Always In My Head (that I like), so for me it's ok. I was expecting something way worse, but we have to hear the rest now.

At the moment I can say that I like it, even if it isn't their most original song

Guest diogo_sg
Maybe without the bridge before the last chorus I wouldn't have liked it, but that part is very good.

The lyrics are better than half of GS but they made better ones in the past.

Yes, it is a very simple pop song, it's like an evolution of Always In My Head (that I like), so for me it's ok. I was expecting something way worse, but we have to hear the rest now.

At the moment I can say that I like it, even if it isn't their most original song

See? Why were you being so pessimist? Let's hope AHFOD also satisfies your wishes, bud [emoji6]

Now I'm not trying to poo poo in anyone's cheerios, but this may be a song that is just for Global Citizen. Hopefully I'm wrong because I would like some moments in the album where it's as slow and beautiful as this song.

I think if it were, Chris/Anchorman would have said so, you know? From what I remember, pretty much every song Coldplay premiered in the summer of festivals in 2011 had no formal introduction. They were simply presented to us, "Here's a new song."