✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

Guest diogo_sg
I don't, really.

If we are the one who like everything we should feel lucky! As for the album, we'll just have to see what happens.

Coldplay never dissappointed.

Even songs that I hated at first (take Another's Arms) I actually like now!

Well, I do sometimes. But then I think "screw it!" and everything gets okay again.

That happened to me too (with Green Eyes, DLIBYH, What If and a few others).

People listen to what they want and what they like, but saying so much crap and showing so much hate over one new song is too painful to watch.

Coldplay can do whatever they want and they can turn into whatever style they want. People listen to what styles they like.

I second that!

Like Chris Martin said somewhere, they're not an autocracy, people can listen to whoever and whatever they want, switch off if they don't like...

Everyone's also entitled to their own views and opinions eg liking / not liking a song or album era or what direction Coldplay are heading... But can we be mindful that we're talking about a group of people here, most likely four musicians that have touched our lives in ways that are unique and meaningful, and I guess that's why we're all so passionate about them... They need space to breathe, and grow, and make mistakes.

Given how much CP have given us over the years and the effort they put into crafting their music, can we at least try and temper some of the hurt and disappointment rather than just bashing them with generic descriptions like 'crap' or 'sellout' or 'uninspired'... How about more thoughtful comments like 'commercial-sounding' or 'reminds me of...'? I'm sure they suffer from enough guilt and self-bashing already

Guest diogo_sg
I second that!

Like Chris Martin said somewhere, they're not an autocracy, people can listen to whoever and whatever they want, switch off if they don't like...

Everyone's also entitled to their own views and opinions eg liking / not liking a song or album era or what direction Coldplay are heading... But can we be mindful that we're talking about a group of people here, most likely four musicians that have touched our lives in ways that are unique and meaningful, and I guess that's why we're all so passionate about them... They need space to breathe, and grow, and make mistakes.

Given how much CP have given us over the years and the effort they put into crafting their music, can we at least try and temper some of the hurt and disappointment rather than just bashing them with generic descriptions like 'crap' or 'sellout' or 'uninspired'... How about more thoughtful comments like 'commercial-sounding' or 'reminds me of...'? I'm sure they suffer from enough guilt and self-bashing already

This. This explains very well what I've been trying to say. If someone doesn't like a certain song and is 100% ready to bash it down to it's core, please remember there are many people who love that song and will be hurt by those comments. Coldplay has so many different bands within it. There are people who like their rock band better, there are people who like their pop band better and there are people who like all their bands equally. But don't forget one thing: all the people in this forum love Coldplay. Why can't we argue "peacefully" and without harming each other by what can be understood as offensive comments? We are better than this.

But don't forget one thing: all the people in this forum love Coldplay. Why can't we argue "peacefully" and without harming each other by what can be understood as offensive comments? We are better than this.

It's hard to tell sometimes... :laugh3:

Some days I think this site's haunted by bitter old ex-es, and I'm not talking about ex-wives :wink3:

There was a time when CP fans were 'better than this'.... I miss the respect and camaraderie

Guest diogo_sg

I read this and felt so happy to know that there are people who share the same thoughts as me:

It's hard to tell sometimes... :laugh3:

Some days I think this site's haunted by bitter old ex-es, and I'm not talking about ex-wives :wink3:

There was a time when CP fans were 'better than this'.... I miss the respect and camaraderie

Then I read this:

Wow, I can't believe how bland and boring it is. How can a band that produced some classic songs give us this rubbish.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

There are ways of showing your disappointment wihout calling a song/album rubbish or crap. That hurts the people who love that song/album and that's why there are so many offensive confrontations around this forum. If you build smart arguments, people won't attack you. This is just an advice.

^ Agree with you and Joueur Froid, but the only thing I hope is that the whole album won't be peaceful & full of togetherness. Imo this song is boring and bland, but I'm not judging the ones who love it. Actually if there's just one "peace in the world" song and if the album's tracklist runs very well, this song could be actually nice, like a breath of fresh air.

But I swear to God if all the songs are praising love, happiness, peace and kindness I'm gonna be really upset. I mean, all these brilliant albums to lead us there. That's fooling the people that actually supported you all along, don't you think ? Coldplay (even in MX or GS) have never been this bland. There was always some original way of seeing/creating things in every album, may it be pop, rock, joyful, dark, intimate or stadium-filler.

Guest diogo_sg
^ Agree with you and Joueur Froid, but the only thing I hope is that the whole album won't be peaceful & full of togetherness. Imo this song is boring and bland, but I'm not judging the ones who love it. Actually if there's just one "peace in the world" song and if the album's tracklist runs very well, this song could be actually nice, like a breath of fresh air.

But I swear to God if all the songs are praising love, happiness, peace and kindness I'm gonna be really upset. I mean, all these brilliant albums to lead us there. That's fooling the people that actually supported you all along, don't you think ? Coldplay (even in MX or GS) have never been this bland. There was always some original way of seeing/creating things in every album, may it be pop, rock, joyful, dark, intimate or stadium-filler.

Think they had never done a song like this before. They wanted to have a song full of togetherness, peace and glory on their discography. And I don't blame them for that. While the lyrics may be simplistic, they're also very beautiful if you analyze them closely. And the melody is superb. Overall, this is just an uplifting song about our home, the beauty of it and the craziness around it.

Plus... that person created a new profil only to throw that hate to the forum. Well... that's really lame if you ask me.

I can't agree more with you Diogo. I really enjoyed Amazing Day, even though I felt like it was too slow for a "teasing the new album" kinda song you know. It's like playing Up in flames to promote MX. Still I loved Up in flames, and I really like the melody of Amazing Day. There's a very POSITIVE energy, specially at the end " Because noooow I always

Want to feel this wayyyyyy" with Will in the back going crazy on his drums.

Yeah, I liked it ! It might not be a masterpiece, but at least it brings a colorful and warm feeling of togetherness and possibilities. And I know Chris thinks quite the same about it.

I LOVE YOU ALL Coldplayers from around the world. This is my "Love missile" to you.

Please remember that : even if you are disappointed by the new material, you are here cause you like/love Coldplay. And you will always have their older records if you HATE AHFOD that much.

Have an Amazing Day fellows

There's nothing wrong with voicing negative opinions. If you get offended by people calling music you like shit, you shouldn't be on online music forums.

In my, and many others (including every non-Coldplay fan I've spoken to), opinions this song is utter rubbish. Badly written, bland, safe, cliched, predictable, boring, generic, MOR, wishy-washy, populist, by numbers, uninspired, sappy, schmaltzy rubbish. Finished off with the obligatory woah-oh-oh section and starry, lovey lyrics.

On the bright side, I have a feeling it won't be on AHFOD. It's not dancey, fast or particularly upbeat. Very Ghost Stories-esque in instrumentation, lyrics and feel. Sounds very much like a one-off. Hope to God I'm right and we can look forward to something of SOME interest on AHFOD.

P.S. Can people PLEASE stop making the ridiculous argument that runs like this;

"The great thing about Coldplay is that they always change style, if they just made AROBTTH all the time it would be boring, therefore you can't hate their new style."

The point of experimentation and change is to grow as artists and provide new and interesting music. What we hate is that the change they've made is from brilliant pop-rock to utterly uninspired rock-pop. Change is essential to continued brilliance, but it doesn't imply brilliance in and of itself. It's not just the change in style, but in quality that many hate.

Guest diogo_sg
Plus... that person created a new profil only to throw that hate to the forum. Well... that's really lame if you ask me.

Who?!

I can't agree more with you Diogo. I really enjoyed Amazing Day, even though I felt like it was too slow for a "teasing the new album" kinda song you know. It's like playing Up in flames to promote MX. Still I loved Up in flames, and I really like the melody of Amazing Day. There's a very POSITIVE energy, specially at the end " Because noooow I always

Yeah, I liked it ! It might not be a masterpiece, but at least it brings a colorful and warm feeling of togetherness and possibilities. And I know Chris thinks quite the same about it.

I LOVE YOU ALL Coldplayers from around the world. This is my "Love missile" to you.

Please remember that : even if you are disappointed by the new material, you are here cause you like/love Coldplay. And you will always have their older records if you HATE AHFOD that much.

I agree. It's uplifting but a bit slow. That sort of proves AHFOD won't be filled with colors and utter happiness.

This song isn't meant to be a masterpiece. It's meant to be a beautiful piece of art that everyone can enjoy. And I did!

There's nothing wrong with voicing negative opinions. If you get offended by people calling music you like shit, you shouldn't be on online music forums.

In my, and many others (including every non-Coldplay fan I've spoken to), opinions this song is utter rubbish. Badly written, bland, safe, cliched, predictable, boring, generic, MOR, wishy-washy, populist, by numbers, uninspired, sappy, schmaltzy rubbish. Finished off with the obligatory woah-oh-oh section and starry, lovey lyrics.

On the bright side, I have a feeling it won't be on AHFOD. It's not dancey, fast or particularly upbeat. Very Ghost Stories-esque in instrumentation, lyrics and feel. Sounds very much like a one-off. Hope to God I'm right and we can look forward to something of SOME interest on AHFOD.

"The great thing about Coldplay is that they always change style, if they just made AROBTTH all the time it would be boring, therefore you can't hate their new style."

The point of experimentation and change is to grow as artists and provide new and interesting music. What we hate is that the change they've made is from brilliant pop-rock to utterly uninspired rock-pop. Change is essential to continued brilliance, but it doesn't imply brilliance in and of itself. It's not just the change in style, but in quality that many hate.

Bless this post.

I lost my old password and it's easier to login under a new password and username on Tapatalk,I've been on here for over 10 years. Coldplay are an incredible band and produced classic songs and albums and I quite liked Ghost Stories.I just find this song virtually indefensible.There's no spark or creativity or anything in it,it just sounds dull. If people like it then enjoy it and ignore what I think,it's only my opinion at the end of the day.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Guest diogo_sg

I didn't say showing negative opinions was wrong. But there are ways of doing so without insulting the people who like those things. If someone came at you and started bashing (by calling rubbish, shite, bullcrap, etc) the things you love, I think you would feel insulted. Am I wrong? But if that person showed you clever arguments and a structured opinions, your reaction would probably be different. The same thing applies to the people who love this song and others, of course. That's all I was saying.

Truth has been spoken! I actually had to laugh out loud reading this description:

Badly written, bland, safe, cliched, predictable, boring, generic, MOR, wishy-washy, populist, by numbers, uninspired, sappy, schmaltzy rubbish. Finished off with the obligatory woah-oh-oh section and starry, lovey lyrics.

It's so true. :laugh3:

I didn't say showing negative opinions was wrong. But there are ways of doing so without insulting the people who like those things. If someone came at you and started bashing (by calling rubbish, shite, bullcrap, etc) the things you love, I think you would feel insulted. Am I wrong? But if that person showed you clever arguments and a structured opinions, your reaction would probably be different. The same thing applies to the people who love this song and others, of course. That's all I was saying.

Just because I disagree with you doesn't mean I don't value your opinion and contribution, but to me and a lot of others it would seem, This is utter shite. It's very exasperating trying to debate someone who won't acknowledge the obvious flaws to Amazing Day and to go further and try to claim it's just as good as anything on the first 3 albums is just absurd. Bounds of reason please.