✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amazing Day

@AwardChris

Before I say anything, I just want to invalidate all claims that this song would be played just for GC. According to Sparky's article on this the fans say that Chris is still on the fence deciding whether or not he'll debut this song. If he made a song just for GC he'd most likely say yes in a heartbeat however that's not the case, he's still wondering whether to play it or not meaning it must be a single form this new album.

42Excapist, your quote's in red.

EasySuperstition99, your quote's in blue.

howyousawtheworld, your quote's in gold.

goodmusiclover, your quote's in green/

ColdplayingfromKansas, your quote's in magenta.

Exactly! Everyone who hears Don't Panic for the first time without hearing the title just calls the song Beautiful World. Same thing with Politik... everyone I've encountered who doesn't know the title calls it Open Up Your Eyes. The point I'm trying to make is that this new song's title could be anything. Just because Chris is singing "Amazing day' date=' amazing day" a lot doesn't mean that the song is called Amazing Day.[/quote']

You're probably right. This song would probably fit in the same category as those songs just because of that. This song will be the next Don't Panic/Politik since we all know that Chris can do better than to call a song "Amazing Day" :P

I agree with the people who said this isn't a new song from the AHFOD era. It's probably a charity song for GCF. Reason 1: If they unveil a new song to us today it's gonna be a song that reflects the album best. From what I've heard about AHFOD it's supposed to be the day of GS. That song is pretty slow and sounds just like some GS song washed up. Reason 2: If they unveil a new song it will probably be the one we will hear as a single. And the music video they shot was most likely a single since it was shot so early. I mean why would they shoot a music video in September but put it on the last single in December. That's dumb. And so if you look at the pictures of the music video and then listen to the song snippet they just don't match. I mean imagine that song being played in the background while people are dancing and having a holi festival. It's just not right. It's like the Paradise music video or the ETIAW music video being played but Sparks is in the background.

@ Reason 1: Yes. However, even in MX there are songs that are slower and sweeter than the rest of the album, including UATW, U.F.O, Up in Flames, and Up With The Birds. (The four U songs! What a coincidence! :lol:) This song especially sounds like Up In Flames and AIMH from GS. This could be one of those slower songs in AHFOD that are in every Coldplay album. :P

@ Reason 2: @Saketblitz already confirmed that this isn't the song that he heard from the music video shoot in India. So you can confirm that.

My reason against the idea that this is a song specifically written for GC? You've probably already read it, if not, scroll to the top of my post and you'll see it.

Sounds nice! BUT couldn't they have called it 'A Perfect Day'? Substitute the lyrics 'Amazing Day' with 'A Perfect Day' and you've got a sweet, sugary, summery pop song. Now I know there's a few songs called 'Perfect Day' including Lou Reed's BUT there's plenty of songs out there that have same or similar titles and 'A Perfect Day' just sounds far more suited to a simple reminiscent croon.

Now that would be a great song title... This song would be a bit better if those were the lyrics instead.

Sorry to say this but it's really disappointing to see them just make a bad remake of AIMH. I really hope this is not an indicator for what awaits us on the rest of the album. The worst part for me is the electronic drumbeat. It's so cheesy it makes me cringe.

What's bad about it? It's not a bad remake of AIMH, actually in my opinion it sounds more like Up In Flames but some people are saying it sounds like AIMH (going to have to try and play the songs one after the other to see if that's true because I really can't make that connection) and to be honest it probably is. But if anything this would be a "day" remake of AIMH. AIMH would be night and this "Amazing Day" would be day.

EDIT: Just played AIMH and Amazing Day, and they in fact do sound quite similar. The drumbeat however still reminds me of Up In Flames. So I'm going to say this sounds like an amazing cross between AIMH and Up in Flames.

Also, never trust cell phone quality. Even though it may sound like an electronic drumbeat, there's proof it's being played on actual drums. So don't get worried.

A) I mean, I only heard it in one clip, but I think he repeated it twice. I don't remember the lyrics now but it was basically

"blah blah

Amazing day

blah blah

Amazing day"

But I could also be misremembering in my excitement so who knows :P The point being the fact that it seems to have a prominent place in the lyrics we've heard so far, it seems a likely candidate for the title.

B) I totally agree. It's similar to the whole "don't judge a book by its cover." Unfortunately, I tend to do that all the time so apparently I'm big on first impressions :lol: Regardless, still excited to hear it and still optimistic it'll be a good song

A) *rewatches clip*

Hmm you are in fact correct! I thought I only heard it once but in the clip I think you were referring to he was "blah blah Amazing Day Amazing Day" which I can actually confirm was the case, he said it that way (minus the "blah blah" obviously :lol:)

So there is a chance that the song will be titled "Amazing Day" which I sincerely hope isn't the case. That's just low of Coldplay if they can't really name a song better than that. But really, who cares about the title when the song sounds amazing?

B) LOL I guess you are! I sort of am too... I'm big on first impressions so I will either love it or not really like it but then again if I love it I'll probably not try to get too excited however the level of resistance I'm putting on myself would be stronger if the song didn't really sound too good. I would say that it doesn't sound too good at first but that before I completely give up on it I'll wait until I hear the full thing. If however it did sound really good to me I'd get my hopes up, probably way too high :lol:

Even though I do still believe that you shall never judge a song by it's title like you don't judge a book by it's cover especially when it comes from Coldplay, and that you should give it at least a chance, I don't want to sound silly when I'm telling people what I'm listening to :P

UGHHHH THE VID IS PRIVATE :veryangry2:

[video=youtube;wXcnY5YHCOo]

YESSSSS :D I love it!!! Thank you!! What a beautiful song! Now that I've heard the full song I can give a complete opinion of my case.. in my opinion it's my favorite Coldplay song already, even over Paradise. That's how great it is. Obviously I'd rather listen to the studio quality Paradise than the cell phone quality Amazing Day but if this is a single from AHFOD, at studip-quality this definetely rivals Paradise. Ripping it off of YouTube just in case...

EDIT: I can't wait! Only 15 mins! :D :D :D Switching over to the GC thread...

I have A Head Full Of Dreams... and one of them is to go to a Coldplay Concert :laugh4:

Guest diogo_sg

Amazing Day is amazing! Nothing like Always In My Head! That bass line. That drum sound. The guitar riff. Those incredible lyrics. They did it again. Instantly my new ringtone.

Guest diogo_sg
Uhm yeah, cute track but I already forgot everything about it. Not impressive at all, they did this kind of song a lot of times during their career and in a lot more remarkable ways. I hope this isn't part of AHFOD.

Hum, the exact opposite happened to me. I heard it once and it instantly got stuck in my head, both the lyrics and the melody. Amazing.

It's a nice song, it shouldn't be judged with such a rush :D. Come on, just listen and feel relaxed. It's not meant to be a next great Coldplay song, it will be an album track and i'm sure it has earned its place there.

Just peace guys, and have an amazing day :)

What a shit song. Once they were able to create brilliant music pieces like 'Clocks', 'The scientist', 'Yellow', 'Viva la vida' etc. Now al they can make are electronical boring overproduced songs like we already heared on Ghost Stories and of which at least one will return on AHFOD (Amazing day). I am a great fan but this is just sad....

What a shit song. Once they were able to create brilliant music pieces like 'Clocks', 'The scientist', 'Yellow', 'Viva la vida' etc. Now al they can make are electronical boring overproduced songs like we already heared on Ghost Stories and of which at least one will return on AHFOD (Amazing day). I am a great fan but this is just sad....

How do you know that? This might very well be a standalone (charity) single to benefit and promote the Global Citizen initiative. They didn't say anything about the song being on their new album, so as of yet everything is still possible.

Guest diogo_sg

I hope Amazing Day is featured in AHFOD. It's such an interesting song. They haven't done anything like it for quite sometime. If the song is in the album, I'll be very happy.

What. Aside from the fact this was far from anything we heard on Ghost Stories, don't be so quick to judge something we have heard once.

How do you know that? This might very well be a standalone (charity) single to benefit and promote the Global Citizen initiative. They didn't say anything about the song being on their new album, so as of yet everything is still possible.

Yeah he only played it after a talk about the festival (then again he did that for every other song)....and no mention of AHFOD

Lmao why is it that the 'brilliant music pieces' u named are just the more famous songs from Coldplay