✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ELIMINATION #7: A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS

thetwinparadox

The only thing I don't understand is: what's wrong with Up&Up!?!?! you maybe have to listen it again!

I do not dislike the remaining songs but If I have to vote for the ''worst CP song'' of this album it will be AOAL, but it gets the most attention, so it will be Amazing Day

My vote: Amazing Day

#SaveFun

The only thing wrong that I can find about that song is the absence of piano and maybe a tad bit too buried guitars. But that's not enough to make it a bad song, is it???

• Like 1

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it's just a formality to see how quickly XMTS can be eliminated and then get down to the final five which will be Birds, AHFOD, Up&Up, Fun, and Amazing Day. Then we will get down to the final two which will be either Birds vs AHFOD or Birds vs Up&Up. And we will ultimately declare Birds to be the winner.

If you would like to make my prophecy come true, please join me and @I ran away in voting for AOAL!!!...or changing your vote if you have already voted.

• Like 1

What!!!!! AOAL is great! I love the lyrics "under this pressure, under this weight, we're diamonds taking shape". Moreover, this song is Jonny, Guy and Will's creation. Chris just wrote the lyrics, Jonny does a fantastic guitar riff at the end of the song, Guy is great playing the bass to set the rhythm of the song and Will is perfect!

#SaveAOAL

• Like 2

What!!!!! AOAL is great! I love the lyrics "under this pressure, under this weight, we're diamonds taking shape". Moreover, this song is Jonny, Guy and Will's creation. Chris just wrote the lyrics, Jonny does a fantastic guitar riff at the end of the song, Guy is great playing the bass to set the rhythm of the song and Will is perfect!

#SaveAOAL

I do not dislike the remaining songs at all, but if I have to vote for ''worst CP song'' in this album, it will be AOAL . imo

#SaveFun

I do not dislike the remaining songs at all, but if I have to vote for ''worst CP song'' in this album, it will be AOAL . imo

#SaveFun

I'm a fan of AHFOD. But, IMO Fun is the bad one in the remaining songs. This is thanks to Tove Lo, her voice is a little bit annoying.

• Like 1

Fun 6

Adventure of a Lifetime: 5

Up&Up 2

Amazing Day 1

Fun is finally eliminated. Good riddance! :P

A Head Full of Dreams

Birds

Adventure of a Lifetime

Amazing Day

Up&Up

Absolutely insane that people are voting for AOAL and especially Up&Up!! AOAL is one of the strongest songs here, with a catchy chorus and great guitar riff! But it's not that great either. Up&Up, on the other hand, is colossal. It's like Coldplay's Champagne Supernova. The guitar solos (the only ones on the album mind!!) are amazing, and the chorus is great. Sure, it's overproduced (but what song here isn't), and it's way better live, but who cares? The greatest album closer of Newplay, and the best song on AHFOD by a mile. ;)

Amazing Day, on the other hand, sounds like a Saturday Night Live parody of Coldplay. Generic to the point of being unbearable.

Fun 6

Adventure of a Lifetime: 5

Up&Up 2

Amazing Day 1

Fun is finally eliminated. Good riddance! :P

A Head Full of Dreams

Birds

Adventure of a Lifetime

Amazing Day

Up&Up

Absolutely insane that people are voting for AOAL and especially Up&Up!! AOAL is one of the strongest songs here, with a catchy chorus and great guitar riff! But it's not that great either. Up&Up, on the other hand, is colossal. It's like Coldplay's Champagne Supernova. The guitar solos (the only ones on the album mind!!) are amazing, and the chorus is great. Sure, it's overproduced (but what song here isn't), and it's way better live, but who cares? The greatest album closer of Newplay, and the best song on AHFOD by a mile. ;)

Amazing Day, on the other hand, sounds like a Saturday Night Live parody of Coldplay. Generic to the point of being unbearable.

Hm I personally don't think that up&up is their best album closer. It's their worst I reckon, their worst of the Newplay era for sure. Have you listened to Up with the birds or O from ghost stories? And you are telling me Up&Up is better than those two songs... hell no!!!!

Up&Up is overproduced and the chorus is very very generic and doesn't really change during the whole song and man, that's 6 minutes! Yep noel is amazing, BUT in my opinion it doesn't make that song their best closer, by far not!!

Nevertheless my vote goes to AOAL...

• Like 1