✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ELIMINATION #7: A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS

thetwinparadox

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrators
Well opinions differ... I'm not very keen on any interlude to be honest... it just isn't necessary in my opinion. Wasnt keen on Mylo interludes as well.

Totally agree, the Mylo interludes got pretty annoying after a while because there was so much of them!

• Like 1

Army Of One. The only thing good from that song is the drumbeat (I actually really like the drums) and that Lost! organ.

I really like the drumbeat at first to be honest, but as a whole the song just gets so repetitive bland and boring at the end as it goes on... the drumbeat sounds so strong in the beginning and then is just fades... dont know why. Also the organs IMO sound like Fix You more than Lost!.

I really like the drumbeat at first to be honest, but as a whole the song just gets so repetitive bland and boring at the end as it goes on... the drumbeat sounds so strong in the beginning and then is just fades... dont know why. Also the organs IMO sound like Fix You more than Lost!.

I could say the same thing about In My Place IMO. Which reminds me, does anyone else see a similarity between Army Of One and In My Place?

^ The Thing is with In My Place, it has a good enough guitar part to keep me interested. It's gorgeous IMO and that's something that can be repeated. Even though all that really is repeated is the guitar riff. Army Of One is literally the same all the way through. Quiet, loud, quiet, loud. At least In My Place repeats two times, then after that they change it up a lot. The guitar riff is a bit repetitve and while very nice loses it's power throughout the song. It doens't become boring like Army Of One but it just loses it's power. Also, the verse and chorus are very different in In My Place. The drumbeat literally never changes in Army Of One, the only difference between the verse and the chorus is different lyrics, organs. Added on top of the drumbeat. The organ's melody changes a bit but not a lot (although it does sound nice). But honestly the verse and chorus sound so similar... it becomes bland and boring. Wheras In My Place changes it up quite a lot. I also like In My Place's sound as a whole, and definetely one of the top songs off AROBTTH for me.

EDIT: I was originally going to say this but got sidetracked: In My Place's riff part is repeatable for a while. Army Of One's part gets boring after 2 minutes. Of course the chorus changes it up which helps. Also in my opinion In My Place and Army Of One are two completely different songs with different sounds. The one thing that's similar is that they both start with drums. Oh, and they have the same tempo. The drums are really similar actualy. But as for the rest, completely different. I think The Hardest Part would be a better example. While it doesn't start with the drums, and has a different tempo, it's sound resembles Army Of One easier than In My Place does. Of course it's lighter but they're a bit similar, also in the way how they're super repetitive. Like, The Hardest Part has a sick guitar part at the intro, the piano intro and backing the guitar is amazing, and the first verse or so is actually pretty interesting, and has a very nice sound to it. The part that comes after that is pretty good also. But after that it gets super repetitive, and honestly after that I can't help but yawn through it all. I used to think it was pretty good but after I listened a few times it's actually a pretty weak track in that just like Army Of One, it never changes much. Army Of One is obviously worse, but hey. Same idea.

:)

Army of One 7

Kaleidoscope 4

Amazing Day 1

Army of One is eliminated. Probably needed slightly more people to defend itself, eh? ;)

A Head Full of Dreams

Birds

Everglow

Adventure of a Lifetime

Fun

Kaleidoscope

Amazing Day

Up&Up

Glad to see the banter return!! I think that the worst thing about Army of One, other than the terrible production, is the fact that it sounds very generic, and it's a bit too poppy for my tastes. For the same reasons I vote this round for Fun. Fun also has some cringe-worthy lyrics. I wish Coldplay had re-recorded the song they gave to Natalie Imbruglia. :( Had they done so, it would've been by far the best song on the album.

#SaveKaleidoscope

#SaveKaleidoscope

#SaveKaleidoscope

#SaveKaleidoscope

Cmon guys!! Don't you appreciate the stellar piano work?!! Or that supersonic drum beat?? Doesn't the speech give you feels?!!?! It is such a beautiful piece of work by Coldplay!!!! Kaleidoscope deserves to be in the top 1!!

Kaleidoscope isn't that bad right guys??

Sent from my Death Star using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Not Fun ! Come on, how can you vote for Fun when the kings of cheesiness like Everglow or Amazing Day are still in the list ?! Fun transports a beautiful melancholy vibe that you don't find in any other song of the AHFOD Era. Also, the lyrics are really beautiful and visual. This song gives me the feels, and I can't say that about any other AHFOD song ! It belongs in the top 3 !

#SaveFun

I vote Kaleidoscope solely to save Fun.

• Like 2

Kaleidoscope.

#SaveKaleidoscope

#SaveKaleidoscope

#SaveKaleidoscope

#SaveKaleidoscope

Cmon guys!! Don't you appreciate the stellar piano work?!! Or that supersonic drum beat?? Doesn't the speech give you feels?!!?! It is such a beautiful piece of work by Coldplay!!!! Kaleidoscope deserves to be in the top 1!!

Kaleidoscope isn't that bad right guys??

Sent from my Death Star using Tapatalk

Not that it's bad or anything, it's just the worst that's in the list. Hence my, and a few other's, votes.

Everglow.

Simple but quite boring. And although Jonny's riff sounds incredible and Chris' vocals are really good, the lyrics are simply cringe. It's quite repetitive as well, meh.

#SaveKaleidoscope

but the guitar solo... :(

Not Fun ! Come on, how can you vote for Fun when the kings of cheesiness like Everglow or Amazing Day are still in the list ?! Fun transports a beautiful melancholy vibe that you don't find in any other song of the AHFOD Era. Also, the lyrics are really beautiful and visual. This song gives me the feels, and I can't say that about any other AHFOD song ! It belongs in the top 3 !

#SaveFun

I vote Kaleidoscope solely to save Fun.

I would have liked your comment. I did. But I removed after seeing the "kings of cheese" comment about Everglow and Amazing Day. Just saying.

Army of One is eliminated. Probably needed slightly more people to defend itself, eh? ;)

Thank god.

#SaveFun BTW!