✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ELIMINATION #7: A HEAD FULL OF DREAMS

thetwinparadox

Hm I personally don't think that up&up is their best album closer. It's their worst I reckon, their worst of the Newplay era for sure. Have you listened to Up with the birds or O from ghost stories? And you are telling me Up&Up is better than those two songs... hell no!!!!

Up&Up is overproduced and the chorus is very very generic and doesn't really change during the whole song and man, that's 6 minutes! Yep noel is amazing, BUT in my opinion it doesn't make that song their best closer, by far not!!

Nevertheless my vote goes to AOAL...

Absolutely agree...

Everything's Not Lost

Amsterdam

Twisted Logic

Death And All His Friends

Up With The Birds

O

Come on guys, the first 4 are just stunning songs, even the latter two are good... how you can even compare them?

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the argument that Up&Up's chorus is too repetitive, does anyone complain about Hey Jude being to repetitive? No, because it works. And I believe that it's the same case with Up&Up. I'm not saying that Up&Up is as good as Hey Jude, but that they work in the same way.

• Like 1

Come on guys, the first 4 are just stunning songs, even the latter two are good... how you can even compare them?

When you think about these songs not in terms of Oldplay vs Newplay, and you think of them in terms of each album that they closed and what the themes of that album were, I believe all the closing songs are amazing. Up With the Birds was, in my opinion, the perfect way to end the story of MX and is one of Coldplay's best album closers.

• Like 2

When you think about these songs not in terms of Oldplay vs Newplay, and you think of them in terms of each album that they closed and what the themes of that album were, I believe all the closing songs are amazing. Up With the Birds was, in my opinion, the perfect way to end the story of MX and is one of Coldplay's best album closers.

In fact it's the only song with Major Minus and Moving To Mars that I save from the MX era (but we're OT on this)

Hm I personally don't think that up&up is their best album closer. It's their worst I reckon, their worst of the Newplay era for sure. Have you listened to Up with the birds or O from ghost stories? And you are telling me Up&Up is better than those two songs... hell no!!!!

Up&Up is overproduced and the chorus is very very generic and doesn't really change during the whole song and man, that's 6 minutes! Yep noel is amazing, BUT in my opinion it doesn't make that song their best closer, by far not!!

Nevertheless my vote goes to AOAL...

Ha ha, I never said it was the best Coldplay album closer. That title clearly goes to Amsterdam. ;) But yeah, I like it better than UWTB (which is great but a bit anticlimactic), and O (which is beautiful and almost as good).

Ha ha, I never said it was the best Coldplay album closer. That title clearly goes to Amsterdam. ;) But yeah, I like it better than UWTB (which is great but a bit anticlimactic), and O (which is beautiful and almost as good).

Okay we agree to Amsterdam then :D I mean opinions differ but, well I would always prefer UWTB or O to Up&Up.

Haha yeah hey Jude is a good example of a reptitive chorus and it works indeed. Just gotta admit that I expected something different than the actual album version, especially when you take a look at coldplays previous album closers. Would have been fine with the live version though :D

Adventure of a Lifetime 7

Amazing Day 4

Up&Up 2

A Head Full of Dreams 1

Scandalously, Adventure of a Lifetime is eliminated.

A Head Full of Dreams

Birds

Amazing Day

Up&Up

After this elimination finishes, would everyone want to revive the unreleased songs elimination or go into the best of the eras elimination?

I vote for Amazing Day. Absolutely insane that it's made it this far.

I was gonna say best of, but I see others want the unreleased elimination.

By the way, now that we have more people participating, should we re-do the AROBTTH final round to get a winner before the 'best of' elimination or go into that game with two entries from AROBTTH?

I can't decide what to vote for now, I'll come back later and do that.