✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

i want lana del rey !:blush:

Funny, I thought the same thing !

Among all the currently huge pop artists, I like her music the most. At least it is melodically strong and she has a very unique, distinct style. She just teased her new album, so....

• Like 1

She will do all that things - just see Coldplay ft. Lana del Rey she's got quite tone of vocal i think it ' ll complete my expections from them. photos are adequate? :p

CzNLQReUcAAaPVB.jpg

+

8237750ee609e425598885591e5b0c83.jpg

When I "discovered" Coldplay in 2011/12, I always thought their epic, "heavy" sound at the time (Paradise, Princess of China, VLV) is kind of similar to the epic, also orchestra-heavy instrumentals of Lana Del Rey songs...

Sounds beautiful. I hope it is indeed All I Can Think About Is You. Totally fits that vibe. Reminds me a lot of --- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RVIY0dp9HEI

Nice find, the studio version I found had Violet Hill Instrumental at the end of it.

Possible collab on Miracles 2! [MEDIA=twitter]847819255672385537[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/847819255672385537?s=09

Interesting, hopefully not from someone too pop oriented...

Okay so who is it?

This is the question we should be asking because we never know. I mean, they collabed with The Chainsmokers and Beyonce, so much more is possible than before that could be sub par choice.

Noooooooo!!!!

Don't worry too much. I think it'll be fine.

Interesting interview, thanks for posting @AMDB9 !

But noooo, yet another collab ?

Coldplay collabs are usually not as good as their non-collabs...

Key word. usually.

Faultline collab. Ron Sexsmith. And Tove Lo on Fun. Noel Gallagher was a great idea on Up&Up. I personally like PoC, and while HFTW is definitely not a masterpiece and many of the older fans despise it I like it a bit. That's probably the worst of the Coldplay side of collabs that has been done. By this I mean songs that Coldplay released, we know of the horrendus True Believer by Avicii where the vocals aren't even CM but there was a version done or something that did have him on it. And of course Avicii had to do with Coldplay's ASFOS.

I wish Coldplay would work with Jon Hopkins again. One of the most unique and greatest artists of our time. Viva era was really good for working with people like that, I mean Brian Eno was producer. Funny how they went from that to Rihanna in the next album, Avicii next (with Jon Hopkins involved in that same album!) and Stargate as producer 3 albums later with Beyonce and Tove Lo on the album. (And then various other artists playing smaller parts)

Coldplay collabs to me are rather interesting... I did talk a bit about more or less who they worked with in terms of production but still fun to think about

Interesting interview...I sort of suspected the EP would have another collab since Chris said its a "continuation" of AHFOD (which had 4 or 5?). Couldn't really read him on that answer though--is he saying that there is maybe a version of Miracles 2 with a collab and they are still working on that? Or is he maybe just referring to a producer or even Davide Rossi?

I am betting another single will be released from the EP, and if there is another major collab with a pop artist, or even some unknown, then Miracles 2 would be perfect to stir up more hype. I hope its someone they've been touring with like Lianne La Havas...

Perhaps the most promising piece of news is that they are touring with a studio? Maybe that is because they still are finishing that one song up--but maybe that means a new album could already be under way!

EDIT:

Kaleidoscope EP tracks are up on ASCAP. Miracles 2 does not list any additional writers.

• Like 1

what i find interesting is that Chris used the word "maybe"

what does that mean? shouldn't they know by now? :p

maybe they're not getting the right take that they want, or maybe it was a last minute thing, or maybe some sort of label issue thing. who knows.

I understand that, but I was more curious about how it is in practical terms since they are flying from country to country within short intervals..

oic, good point. Plus, thinking a bit more now, they're probably rich enough to ditch the bus for a plane anyways.

oic, good point. Plus, thinking a bit more now, they're probably rich enough to ditch the bus for a plane anyways.

I think Chris has said a few times they haven't had a bus in ages and have a plane. However, their gear and stage setup is all going to go around in trucks (and crew in buses), so there's probably a bunch of studio gear in one.

Okay, for those saying that Lana Del Rey would be a perfect collab, I'd advise against such a collab. Her vocals are too softly toned (and in my opinion, too dreary and uninspired, especially on Honeymoon) for a Coldplay song. We need people like Florence Welch. Her doing her grand signature backing vocal style on a grandish rock coldplay track would be nothing short of amazing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

^ Honestly either one of them would be amazing. Summertime Sadness is a great slow song of hers that isn't too dreary. Melancholy is probably a good word to describe it. I could definitely see her and the guys cooking up something similar to that. Or something dark and gritty like Seven Devils from Florence (which for some reason reminds me of Violet Hill).

Assuming a collab is happening at all, that is, lol. I'm just tired of Rihanna/Beyonce/Avicii etc. You guys have done pop collaborations--now do something else! :P

• Like 2