✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

shit really? I don't know why i always thought it was just 2 fans. I mean you could probably do that alone, anyway

Nah, they've always been tweeting news 24/7. There is no way you can run a news account alone like that when a new single drops at like 3am and you're asleep.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shit really? I don't know why i always thought it was just 2 fans. I mean you could probably do that alone, anyway

if it was that easy, wouldn't everyone do it?

I think you're grossly underestimating how much work and coordination is going on with all the fansites

thats why i'm super grateful and apprciative of Coldplay and Coldplay Atlas, etc for what they do and how well they're doing it. Yes, only a few pages ago I kinda slammed Atlas, but even I can say the speed at which they move is very impressive.

• Like 5

I just found a video on Coldplaying's twitter from August 2016 of someone that recorded the band at the Rose Bowl playing 'Hypnotised' during soundcheck...

[MEDIA=twitter]767151103704195072[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/767151103704195072

Theres another video of the band playing another song. I'm wondering if this song will probably be on the new EP... it could either be 'All I Can Think About Is You', 'Miracles 2', or 'A L I E N S'...

[MEDIA=twitter]767161418214961152[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/767161418214961152

holy shit, this is awesome, thanks for digging this up!

really curious what number 2 is. At first I could see it being M2, but not i'm not so sure.

I just found a video on Coldplaying's twitter from August 2016 of someone that recorded the band at the Rose Bowl playing 'Hypnotised' during soundcheck...

[MEDIA=twitter]767151103704195072[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/767151103704195072

Theres another video of the band playing another song. I'm wondering if this song will probably be on the new EP... it could either be 'All I Can Think About Is You', 'Miracles 2', or 'A L I E N S'...

[MEDIA=twitter]767161418214961152[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/767161418214961152

Wow, so those soundchecks did mean something! I paid more attention to the bottom one when I first heard it, I don't remember the top one well but we definitely should pay attention to this bottom one as just like the top one it could be a glimpse of what's coming... It does sound really good and unique. I've seen some other compare it to U2 and in particular a song with a title similar to All I Can Think About Is You so piossibly it's that one. Hopefully we get to hear more of that song and it isn't just a improv or a song they decided to never complete. Sounds like something from the Viva era almost as well. Excited for this

• Like 2

Wow, so those soundchecks did mean something! I paid more attention to the bottom one when I first heard it, I don't remember the top one well but we definitely should pay attention to this bottom one as just like the top one it could be a glimpse of what's coming... It does sound really good and unique. I've seen some other compare it to U2 and in particular a song with a title similar to All I Can Think About Is You so piossibly it's that one. Hopefully we get to hear more of that song and it isn't just a improv or a song they decided to never complete. Sounds like something from the Viva era almost as well. Excited for this

I'm excited too! It almost sounded like the second one had a bagpipe or two mixed in...very unique.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Guest diogo_sg
The end of Hypnotised reminds me a bit of the unreleased Famous Old Painters' ending. Does anyone else hear it too?

Idk why but it actually reminds me of Poppyfields instead...

• Administrators

I'm really hoping that second soundcheck is something from the new EP. It sounds amazing!

• Like 2

This thought just occurred to me: If I'm thinking correctly, the Kaleidoscope EP is the third EP in Coldplay's history not to feature an eponymous track (the other ones being the Safety EP and the Blue Room EP), and only the second official studio release since their first album not to have one (the other one being Ghost Stories).

• Like 3

The end of Hypnotised reminds me a bit of the unreleased Famous Old Painters' ending. Does anyone else hear it too?

Kind of, but Famous Old Painters outro fades out longer. For me it doesn't remind me too much

Guessing what any of the songs we haven't heard off the ep is only going to make it more disappointing when we hear it. Everyone expected AHFOD to be dreamy and guitar filled and that's not what you got. Coldplay is constantly changing their sound so trying to guess what a new release will sound like is pointless and will only make it more disappointing when it's released.

Sent from my VS986 using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 1

Guessing what any of the songs we haven't heard off the ep is only going to make it more disappointing when we hear it. Everyone expected AHFOD to be dreamy and guitar filled and that's not what you got. Coldplay is constantly changing their sound so trying to guess what a new release will sound like is pointless and will only make it more disappointing when it's released.

i've always felt that what made AHFOD not what it could have been was Stargate's doing and i've seen other people mention this as well with the release of Hypnotised. so i think maybe it's fair to judge based on what we did get from the band already. of course SJLT is on there too, so who knows :P

i get what you're saying about the disappointment factor, but what else do you propose we do for the THREE LONG MONTHS before the EP is actually released?? :uhoh:

• Like 2

I haven't listened the soundcheck and I'm not gonna listen it, but after reading all those comments, I just hope that whatever it is won't be part of Kaleidoscope EP and instead of that it's something of a new future album in 2018 or 2019. Viva part II... Long live Life or La Muerte y Todos Sus Amigos.

• Like 3

True, but it's fun.

We shouldn't be expecting anything super out of the ordinary from the band though like some were before AHFOD. That's why some were disappointed: overexpectation. I think Viva for some of the longer time fans however played a part in that.

i've always felt that what made AHFOD not what it could have been was Stargate's doing and i've seen other people mention this as well with the release of Hypnotised. so i think maybe it's fair to judge based on what we did get from the band already. of course SJLT is on there too, so who knows :p

i get what you're saying about the disappointment factor, but what else do you propose we do for the THREE LONG MONTHS before the EP is actually released?? :uhoh:

Exactly! Stargate ain't around to ruin anything this time. But artistically I'll still keep expectations lower despite the release of Hypnotised (we can't forget their collab with Chainsmokers which IMO is great and fun but not very creative, I mean it did rip off two of Chainsmoker's previous songs, Closer and Roses...)

Personally during the wait I'm expanding my musical tastes by finding new artists everyday so I'll be genuinely surprised by Coldplay's release

If I did that I would be totally overloaded lol. Great to find new music but there's so much of it out there and when I turn on the radio, especially alternative I keep finding so many new songs and in one in particular it feels like I have almost all the songs they usually play since they're so good...

• Like 1

Personally during the wait I'm expanding my musical tastes by finding new artists everyday so I'll be genuinely surprised by Coldplay's release

that's totally fine, i just meant from a discussion standpoint for us, what will we talk about?

wait, what - we could talk about something other than Coldplay?? doesn't seem plausible for me :joy:

If I did that I would be totally overloaded lol. Great to find new music but there's so much of it out there and when I turn on the radio, especially alternative I keep finding so many new songs and in one in particular it feels like I have almost all the songs they usually play since they're so good...

i heard about this guy called Michael Chapman while listening to NPR today who started in the 70s but didn't really attract much attention back then. now i guess he's getting more recognition with us younger folk. i'm kinda digging him so far, though i haven't listened to too much yet...

so i guess what my point is here is it's incredible how much "new" stuff you can find even when it actually comes from decades in the past, in this particular case from when my parents were just children themselves :P

• Like 1

how about we talk about other artists we listen to so we can all discover some new music? 2016 was a great year for music and i think my musical taste expanded more last year than it did all the years before.

I don't want to be a whiner, but can you do that in an other thread please.

Everytime this thread gets changed I'm expecting to find some news about the EP.

• Like 7