✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

let's keep this thread for discussions related to the ep. there are plenty of threads for discussion about other artists. use them, or create a new thread if a related one does not exist.

• Like 1

Troll much?

This is by no means "naive pop music", it's hardly pop in the first place, well it is but it's a very unique presentation of it, certainly in no way generic or bland as is typical pop today. Just because a tiny section of the song is distantly reminiscent of another song they've done does not make the entire product unoriginal (wait, what? Exactly the same? Smh...)

I don't like the decision to put on SJLT either, because we've already heard it, but I do like it... (I can respect your opinion on this one though)

As for Hypnotised, this is a perfect example of hating for the sake of hating - I bet you didn't even listened to it and blasted it just because it was new. I don't have respect for that kind of opinion.

Wait, only now you're done? This is the first time I've seen you on the forums!

So you don't have respect for a kind of opinion you dont even understand, by assuming I havent listened to the song (which is obviously not true). Talking about respect, activity on the forum has nothing to do with opinions. I would love my few posts to be as positive as the band today, but the fact is that I dont like Coldplay recent material. Does it mean I have to stay silent? Dont think so.

Anyway, I'm sorry for having mixed, diverse opinions on Coldplay new material. It won't happen again. But please, do not complain again about this "Oldplay/Newplay thing" if the two or three negative critics made by old fans (or at least by the fans who pref their past sound) on their new material are not welcomed on this forum. "Hating for the sake of hating". Cmon. I just want my favorite band to be as good as before.

• Like 2

So you don't have respect for a kind of opinion you dont even understand, by assuming I havent listened to the song (which is obviously not true). Talking about respect, activity on the forum has nothing to do with opinions. I would love my few posts to be as positive as the band today, but the fact is that I dont like Coldplay recent material. Does it mean I have to stay silent? Dont think so.

Anyway, I'm sorry for having mixed, diverse opinions on Coldplay new material. It won't happen again. But please, do not complain again about this "Oldplay/Newplay thing" if the two or three negative critics made by old fans (or at least by the fans who pref their past sound) on their new material are not welcomed on this forum. "Hating for the sake of hating". Cmon. I just want my favorite band to be as good as before.

Alright, your opinion is your opinion and you're entitled to it but calling this new release Hypnotised "naive pop music" is simply... I just don't here it. I could see what you're saying if you're talking the past few albums in general and I'd respect that but on this song specifically, I can't hear the naive poppiness you speak of. It's not like they're talking about girls, money, fame, etc. and throw in some bland recycled beat, melody, and chord progression into the song like most unlistenable music nowadays....

That's the thing that bugs me the most. I'm fine with your opinion if you simply dislike the song but calling it something that it pretty much isn't especially compared to some of music out there is the part that bugs me.

I fully understand where people like you come from in general. I also generally like their old material better but I don't hate the new ones, but that's just it we all have different opinions. So yeah, I am kinda sorry for kinda blasting you in the first post, I take some of it back but just know that writing that post the way you did especially on a song like this doesn't make you come across very nice. Anyway, don't worry about it lol it is a slight misunderstanding

• Like 1

• Administrators
wait a second, we never adressed how [uSER=100956]@Stephen[/uSER] seemed to know something before us. did the band contact the mods personally? is there anything else you know?

We were approached by somebody who worked at a radio station that had recently interviewed Chris, he knew when there was going to be information posted about the EP and told us (and presumably atlas). We chose not to post about it to not spoil the surprise but others posted about it. I reported the leak to someone from Coldplay and it will hopefully prevent it from happening again.

• Like 11

We were approached by somebody who worked at a radio station that had recently interviewed Chris, he knew when there was going to be information posted about the EP and told us (and presumably atlas). We chose not to post about it to not spoil the surprise but others posted about it. I reported the leak to someone from Coldplay and it will hopefully prevent it from happening again.

Huh, that's pretty cool. So wait, the radio dude was authorised/allowed to tell you guys the news, with the band's permission, right? And also, where/how/when did it leak initially?

Huh, that's pretty cool. So wait, the radio dude was authorised/allowed to tell you guys the news, with the band's permission, right? And also, where/how/when did it leak initially?

correct me if i'm wrong, but i think Stephen was saying that the leak WAS from the radio person, meaning no, that person didn't have permission from the band to tell anyone that information.

correct me if i'm wrong, but i think Stephen was saying that the leak WAS from the radio person, meaning no, that person didn't have permission from the band to tell anyone that information.

Oh jkksss, I thought when he said "the leak" he meant the info that "others posted about it", and that the radio dude was allowed to tell them but without them further spreading the news. But yeah, the radio guy being the leak makes much more sense. Stephen, can you tell us who the radio personality was, or at least which radio station? *pretty please?* I wonder if the band were going to announce it with said radio interview, but then decided not to after being informed of the leak (since there hasn't been any radio interview of the band recently, I don't think so).

Can't believe I'd forgotten about this little unexplained burst of utter folk music beauty we got. I remember we all thought this was going to be "Birds," and then it never came to be. The lyrics are clearly talking about planes setting you free and bringing you home.... Any chance this could be the climax of an acoustic track on KEP???? I really hope so... Its more gorgeous than anything that made the album.

• Like 3

Can't believe I'd forgotten about this little unexplained burst of utter folk music beauty we got. I remember we all thought this was going to be "Birds," and then it never came to be. The lyrics are clearly talking about planes setting you free and bringing you home.... Any chance this could be the climax of an acoustic track on KEP???? I really hope so... Its more gorgeous than anything that made the album.

planes, hmm? or what about a DIFFERENT kind of flying object? [emoji89] [emoji89] [emoji89]

• Like 1

I really hope it's something. I was hoping that if there were going to be an redo-s on the EP they'd record this as an extended version of UATW. I love it, they've sang it again since but I think they changed the words to '...fly home to me, I know it's us against the world, only you can set me free'

I really hope someone manages to make an edited version of UATW that has this extra section in it...

Wait... what if A L I E N S is the continuation of U.F.O? The chords that start at 2:01 looks like suspensive dots, a "to be continued" of something that is to be THE END yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3hzOqOZNRI

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3hzOqOZNRI

That would be a really awesome idea....

I really hope it's something. I was hoping that if there were going to be an redo-s on the EP they'd record this as an extended version of UATW. I love it, they've sang it again since but I think they changed the words to '...fly home to me, I know it's us against the world, only you can set me free'

Is there a recorded version of this other time they did it that you speak of? Would be interesting to hear.

It's really interesting to see how songs like UATW progress over time. It seems like for certain songs like these the evolution never ends for them, even after they're officially released there can be changes in the live performance. I know chances are slim, but it would be epic if the band released an extended studio version of UATW with these lyrics so it doesn't have to sound a little off, I mean there's only so much we can do with editing programs. But I'm sure if that doesn't happen someone will find a way to not make it sound too off and edit this in :D

Wait... what if A L I E N S is the continuation of U.F.O? The chords that start at 2:01 looks like suspensive dots, a "to be continued" of something that is to be THE END yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3hzOqOZNRI

Mobile Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3hzOqOZNRI

Eh, while I'd love if they did something kinda like that, I'd say it's just gonna be a completely new song.

I also doubt that this would be on the EP, probably. It might just be the extra, developed lyrics that Chris sings sometimes, like on Life is For Living during Glasto '11.

I really hope someone manages to make an edited version of UATW that has this extra section in it...

Is there a recorded version of this other time they did it that you speak of? Would be interesting to hear.

It's really interesting to see how songs like UATW progress over time. It seems like for certain songs like these the evolution never ends for them, even after they're officially released there can be changes in the live performance. I know chances are slim, but it would be epic if the band released an extended studio version of UATW with these lyrics so it doesn't have to sound a little off, I mean there's only so much we can do with editing programs. But I'm sure if that doesn't happen someone will find a way to not make it sound too off and edit this in :D

Ok so here's one and turns out it includes both lyrics! I realised that the video I had heard from before had only the updated version that I mentioned, I think it seems like they sang UATW with this extra bit each time they performed it during the AHFOD tour! It starts around the 2:25 mark

• Like 3

Ok so here's one and turns out it includes both lyrics! I realised that the video I had heard from before had only the updated version that I mentioned, I think it seems like they sang UATW with this extra bit each time they performed it during the AHFOD tour! It starts around the 2:25 mark

Nice find! Unfortunately would be hard to put into the studio version...

Except... You did post about it.

On your own website.

Y'all will hear news really soon, don't worry! This won't be like AHFOD when Chris announced it like a year too early :p

~ 2 hours before Atlas posted a gif.

~ 2.5 hours before you publicly claimed how you hate people teasing, spoiling surprises / alluding to announcements.

You was our source.

Ouch.

The gif was kaleidoscopic - but that gif had no context & no factual information attached to it - unlike your post on this thread.

PS - Got screenshots too.

On your own website.

~ 2.5 hours before you publicly claimed how you hate people teasing, spoiling surprises / alluding to announcements.

You was our source.

Ouch.

The gif was kaleidoscopic - but that gif had no context & no factual information attached to it - unlike your post on this thread.

Yeah, i guess he did post about it. But he did it in a much less assholey way.

He didnt claim how he hates people teasing, spoiling surprises / alluding to announcements. That was me, and I stand by it. Again, do it in a non assholey way.

That's nice that you have screenshots I guess

• Like 1

On your own website.

You was our source.

Ouch.

eh. that's not really the biggest spoiler at all. i probably wouldn't have thought much more of it if Atlas hadn't posted the gif.

If we're being honest, Coldplay Brazil's twitter straight up said "thanks for spoiling the surprise" (paraphrased)

• Like 1