✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

He didnt claim how he hates people teasing, spoiling surprises / alluding to announcements.

Just to clarify - I know what is being referred to; there was indeed a tweet like that by Stephen's personal Twitter account which I saw too on that evening, after that whole Twitter conversation exacerbated a bit.

But if I remember the events of that evening correctly, ALL three fan pages in question (Coldplaying, Atlas Project and Coldplay Brazil) made some kind of allusion to it, with Coldplay Brazil probably giving it away in the most direct way due to their Twitter conversation with "Insiders ?" and what not, LOL.

And honestly, I personally don't mind it a single bit, none of the allusions.

It increased the mystery, excitement and pleasant anticipation on that evening and the actual release of Hypnotised the following morning was still an awesome surprise ! Nobody knew about the actual content of the surprise, just that there might be one, which is not the same thing.

So it would be a shame if different Coldplay fansites fight about this kind of thing now...

Peace :blush:

• Like 4

Stephen's personal Twitter account

I see. Well, I dont follow his personal twitter (sorry Steph!), so i was out of the loop there.

Getting back to the gist of what i'm trying to say: stop teasing things in such a way that takes away most if not all of the surprise. but how do you do that jc90? well, Atlas had a pretty good idea by posting a random kaleidoscope gif thing. But to post JUST one after not really talking about KEP for a while; it was a dead give-away. If they were to post different kaleidoscope gif things spread over multiple week, that wouldve been perfect actually imo. Stephen's situation is a bit different in that he has to generate traffic to keep this site running. Atlas only mainly has twitter which he doesnt have to upkeep and whatnot. Not defending Stephen, i'm just more understanding of his situation. I don't follow the Brazil site, so I wont comment about it.

Let's just ignore this. The user who posted that is still holding a grudge I guess

Different fan sites can do different things

There is no grudge & I'm happy to drop the debate - I just wanted to lay down the facts:

- There was no factual information shared on this topic from Atlas Project prior to the K-EP announcement.

- There was factual information shared by Coldplaying's owner on this forum & Coldplay Brasil's twitter account prior to the K-EP announcement.

What's right or wrong, what's needed 'due to traffic', what's assholey (whatever you want to call it) or not - is certainly of your own entitled opinion.

But facts are facts - and I just wanted to clear up things from our side, which have seemingly helped inform a few people better of this particular scenario.

So it's been nearly a month since details were released about the Kaleidoscope Ep anyone expecting any changes to release and track listing?

Would personally love a few additions to the Ep; Perhaps the acoustic version of HFTW that Chris and Jonny performed. Hymn for the Weekend (Acoustic loop edition). Know it wont happen but always dreamed of AOAL part 2. Also can we get individual forums for each song from the new EP going, to discuss expectations etc?

• Like 1

So it's been nearly a month since details were released about the Kaleidoscope Ep anyone expecting any changes to release and track listing?

Would personally love a few additions to the Ep; Perhaps the acoustic version of HFTW that Chris and Jonny performed. Hymn for the Weekend (Acoustic loop edition). Know it wont happen but always dreamed of AOAL part 2. Also can we get individual forums for each song from the new EP going, to discuss expectations etc?

I dont think they'll be adding songs to KEP. I mean, they waited all that time to release some info already. They wouldn't have released the tracklist if they werent already 100% set on it. As much as i'd also be interested about HftW (Acoustic), I don't think its gonna happen.

I think individual forums for each song is crazy, even though we've done it in the past. Just have one subforum for the whole EP, not individual songs.

I just realized something. We need another hypnofeed!!! It's so fitting with how Kaleidoscopes are so "hypnotising". I stumbled upon Jon Bellion's behind the scenes videos and I just realized we've never actually seen the thought process of how the lads actually make music other than Chris stating it's just random and he or the other lads bring it to the rest of the band in interviews. It might be too late in the process, but it would be nice to see a behind the scenes of how songs get made.

• Like 4

it would be nice to see a behind the scenes of how songs get made.

That would be so interesting to see, yeah...

I have heard in the earlier times there were often snapshot or short videos from the studio in the waiting time between releases, it's really too bad they don't do that anymore.

• Like 2

^agreed, I wish they would post more random BTS clips. But even during an era, the lads don't seem the type to tweet things, or post things. 'Cept maybe Chris, but I rather get some visual/audio things than his random music recommendations.

in a way it's funny that they actually do less of that kind of thing now considering how ubiquitous social media is :p

I thought that funny as well. You can tell they are a band from before the social media hype age that does not feel the need to tweet every day :P

• Like 3

I miss those old videos from between the Parachutes and ARoBttH eras (even though I wasn't around at the time to see them lol). The Nappies, Jonny Goes Jazz . . . I think Chris and Jonny even did that Shaun of the Dead thing around that time. They were silly but great! I think one of the videos even showed an early tracklisting for ARoBttH. And of course there were the Roadie 42 blogs during the Viva era . . .

I wish they still did little things like that, but I can understand why they don't anymore! It's way more difficult to do personal things like that for your fans when you've got tens of millions of them spread across the globe plus live shows plus charity events, radio appearances, etc. etc. :P

• Like 2

I miss those old videos from between the Parachutes and ARoBttH eras (even though I wasn't around at the time to see them lol). The Nappies, Jonny Goes Jazz . . . I think Chris and Jonny even did that Shaun of the Dead thing around that time. They were silly but great! I think one of the videos even showed an early tracklisting for ARoBttH. And of course there were the Roadie 42 blogs during the Viva era . . .

I wish they still did little things like that, but I can understand why they don't anymore! It's way more difficult to do personal things like that for your fans when you've got tens of millions of them spread across the globe plus live shows plus charity events, radio appearances, etc. etc. :p

and much easier to waste time making silly videos when you're in your twenties and fairly responsibility-free than when you've got kids to pay attention to :P

New song ??

[MEDIA=twitter]847423882126442497[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/847423882126442497

[MEDIA=twitter]847436504175489025[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas/status/847436504175489025

in one part it reminds me a little of Harmless :wacko:

also:

[MEDIA=twitter]847441700675076096[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/42believeInLove/status/847441700675076096

• Like 3

also:

That's interesting. I had trouble making out the words.

The snippet sounded somewhat "boring" to me, to be honest, but then it's just Chris on piano and when the full band joins in it might have a completely different vibe ! :)

• Like 2

The snippet sounded somewhat "boring" to me, to be honest, but then it's just Chris on piano and when the full band joins in it might have a completely different vibe ! :)

to be honest, i'm not sure if this person was talking about that song in the video, but it's definitely possible. i don't know if they would have soundchecked more than one new song?

haha, it does sound very typical Coldplay to me. i don't mind that so much, though. :P

"All I ever want" is what I can hear.

And my first thought was another slow song / ballad?!?

• Like 1

And my first thought was another slow song / ballad?!?

I was surprised at that too. Slow songs both as EP opener and closer ?

I have got high hopes for ALIENS, to be honest. Just today I relistened to the unknown Rose Bowl soundcheck for several times in a row. It has got such a nice, slightly dark sounding repetitive guitar riff and gives off a mysterious, maybe even slightly psychedelic vibe. Given the other song titles, I think it could be a part of ALIENS (I hope so !)

New song ??

[MEDIA=twitter]847423882126442497[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/847423882126442497

[MEDIA=twitter]847436504175489025[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/ColdplayAtlas/status/847436504175489025

also:

I want and I need more of this!!

This sounds like a masterpiece already. As @I ran away mentioned once the rest of the band joins in (if they do) this song will be even better and will have such a beautiful vibe to it. Definitely sounds like some Oldplay style material here and I'm sure more than one of us would be very happy to hear it.

If this song is in fact the album opener than just like Fun this will be the complete opposite of what I expected. That title sounds like the next big pop hit, maybe that won't be the case!

• Like 3