✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Kaleidoscope EP

guy42

Whenever I see the title All I Can Think About Is You, it reminds me all the time of "All I Want For Christmas Is You" hahaha:D

But the title is kind of plain indeed but remember it is the first song of the EP!!! Coldplay always know what song to put as the first. It could even be the best of them. Or it could be the worst.

Anyway, It will always be better if you don't have too high expectations (which has been said a few times already).

• Like 3

About All I Can Think About Is You, the title is kind of plain indeed but remember it is the first song of the EP!!! Coldplay always know what song to put as the first. It could even be the best of them. Or it could be the worst.

Anyway, It will always be better if you don't have too high expectations (which has been said already).

I'm not worried about the title at all. Thinking about it, one of those soundchecks sounded a bit like All I Want Is You by U2, which also is a simple title but a great song! Hahah, maybe the guys just made their own version of that and changed the name just a bit, I mean, if that's the soundchecked song, it already sounds like it

• Like 1

I'm not worried about the title at all. Thinking about it, one of those soundchecks sounded a bit like All I Want Is You by U2, which also is a simple title but a great song! Hahah, maybe the guys just made their own version of that and changed the name just a bit, I mean, if that's the soundchecked song, it already sounds like it

Yeah, I think that song titles don't say anything at all about the song its sound or anything (or if you're talking about Coldplay songs :D).

• Like 1

The boys try to go Bon Iver?

Not their strongest song. But then again, it's an EP.

In any case, I think the song might be a grower. Those ones that require more time.

Probably the part that bothers me the most it's the: "I'm hyp, hypnotised". You can only pull that off one time and they already did it with Paradise.

I wish Chris would work more on his lyrics (and get help from J, G & W).

Finally, Happy Birthday Chris! Thank you for providing the soundtrack of our lives!

I tend to agree a little bit about the lyrics

"All I Can Think about is You" is the cousin of "Always in my Head"? LOL

Yes that title is really cheese even for Coldplay standards. But who knows, maybe the song is good.

I can understand the hate for SJLT specially If you became fan of the band after listen the first two albums and really like X&Y and VLVODAAHF. I like it. Its not my favorite Coldplay song but I found it better than the worst Coldplay songs like POC, ASFOS, XMTS.

I'm expecting ALIENS being a more guitar driven song. Maybe a psychedelic song or even a rock song.

I don't know what to think about Miracles 2. Maybe is a completely different song from Miracles?

I love Hypnotised. A song that could easily fit in any Coldplay era. One of the best Coldplay ballads of this era. It really sound like a Bon Iver song and the video is gorgeous.

Enviado de meu MotoG3 usando Tapatalk

you're getting me too excited when you say rock song lol... You can't get my hopes up like that lol. Nah but do think it'll be interesting like the name and everything is different so hopefully the song will be too

• Like 2

I just found a video on Coldplaying's twitter from August 2016 of someone that recorded the band at the Rose Bowl playing 'Hypnotised' during soundcheck...

[MEDIA=twitter]767151103704195072[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/767151103704195072

Theres another video of the band playing another song. I'm wondering if this song will probably be on the new EP... it could either be 'All I Can Think About Is You', 'Miracles 2', or 'A L I E N S'...

[MEDIA=twitter]767161418214961152[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/767161418214961152

The first thing that came to my mind during that was U2's Desire. No clue why.

• Like 3

Coldplay still needs to write songs starting with J, Q, and Z to complete the alphabet. I guess we'll have to wait until the next album to see if we get those

I thought I was the only one noticing that hahaha. When Ghost Stories was released, the 'O' was checked :P (if you don't count Ode to Deodorant xD

• Like 2

Coldplay still needs to write songs starting with J, Q, and Z to complete the alphabet. I guess we'll have to wait until the next album to see if we get those

Out of all the "rare" letters, X Marks the Spot is definitely the best :P

brjQAYiFPBpWE.gif

Haha, I like how he has RAPTURE on his shirt

Theres another video of the band playing another song. I'm wondering if this song will probably be on the new EP... it could either be 'All I Can Think About Is You', 'Miracles 2', or 'A L I E N S'...

[MEDIA=twitter]767161418214961152[/MEDIA]

Mobile Link: https://twitter.com/coldplaying/status/767161418214961152

I really do hope this song will be on the EP. If so, then I hope it will be All I Can Think About Is You. A great introducer for the new EP !

(If it's a new song off the EP, I might like this even better than Hypnotised!! :))

Jewels of your heart

Questions for the living

Zenith

[emoji13][emoji13]

• Like 1

I think the annoying thing about the short amount of tracks is the amount of hype that went in to waiting for it and then when it's announced, there's potentially on 2 completely new songs we'll hear when it comes out. If it had been announced say a month before and maybe without Hypnotised being released and just SJLT, then it wouldn't have been so irritating with less of a wait for a few songs and it would be a nice surprise, I guess we only have our selves to blame for getting so hyped.

If we were to include all the songs currently on it, this would be the ideal tracklist for me:

1. A Head Full Of Dreams (Alternative Version)

2. All I Can Think About Is You

3. Something Just Like This

4. Miracles 2

5. A L I E N S

6. New Song

7. Kaleidoscope ii (With the instrumental under the poem being sung over as a full song)

8. Hypnotised

And pushing it, I'd even swap SJLT or maybe Miracles two for the new version of Us Against The World they sing on tour, I'm dying for a professional recording of that. And seeing as we'll never get an extended Kaleidoscope, is anyone good at sound editing? I've got an idea to make a song with the instrumental (if there is one) and vocals from an unreleased song, I'd love to do it my self but I'm not very good haha

• Like 3

^is it possible before June that they decide to add more tracks? I mean, we know there were many more tracks recorded for this era, probably GS too. I really doubt this could happen, but maybe they release a deluxe AHFOD that has a second disc (EP) with some MORE bonus tracks.... Sorry, got a head of too many dreams.

I am super, super happy to have these new tracks dropping soon, but am also bummed we aren't getting some alternate versions. I mostly just want to replace Fun and Army of One on the album's track listing...Hypnotised is a perfect replacement for Fun.

One thing that has been clear since GS is that Chris has said in interviews Digital music allows the release of music "in new ways." I take that as say, Ed Sheeran, who releases new stuff constantly and has big albums every few years. I wonder if EP's and random collaborative singles will make a comeback for Coldplay when they are done touring but too busy to record a new album. just some thoughts.

• Like 1

^is it possible before June that they decide to add more tracks? I mean, we know there were many more tracks recorded for this era, probably GS too. I really doubt this could happen, but maybe they release a deluxe AHFOD that has a second disc (EP) with some MORE bonus tracks.... Sorry, got a head of too many dreams.

B-sides to B-sides? Hmmmm....like The Goldrush!

• Like 5

I am super, super happy to have these new tracks dropping soon, but am also bummed we aren't getting some alternate versions. I mostly just want to replace Fun and Army of One on the album's track listing...Hypnotised is a perfect replacement for Fun.

One thing that has been clear since GS is that Chris has said in interviews Digital music allows the release of music "in new ways." I take that as say, Ed Sheeran, who releases new stuff constantly and has big albums every few years. I wonder if EP's and random collaborative singles will make a comeback for Coldplay when they are done touring but too busy to record a new album. just some thoughts.

It would be lovely if they did release more! The only way I could see them doing it is if they release a single other than SJLT from it and put a B-side on the single or if there's a hidden track!

i just want to say that while it is a pretty plain title, people had similar reservations with Don't Let It Break Your Heart when we first heard that title, but i for one think that song is incredible (and has fantastic lyrics too)

so keep your expectations low if you please, that's up to you. but maybe it will turn out much better than you'd expect :D (especially you in particular @cp3176 since i know you also appreciate MX, this comparison is perhaps more relevant to you than others)

True, the thing is though I never even thought of that as a poor title at all really. But I could see what you mean.

DLIBYH is a gorgeous song, considering it's only my 6th favorite or something from Mylo it goes to show how much I really do like it.

Hmm. I never thought of that. Don't Let It Break Your Heart is a very generic title, but that song is incredible and the title lyric doesn't seem awkward at all in the song itself.

Remember that Chris says he usually comes up with titles before songs, so maybe that's why they have no correlation sometimes

I am also worried about the generic title of AICTAIY, but then I remembered that I also thought Fun was gonna be some big dancepop hit and then it turned out to be quite the opposite...

These quotes are all giving me more hope for the song. Still not gonna set expectations super high but it's better now that I know this happened with Fun and DLIBYH. Even though I still don't think either of those titles is as poor as this other song, it does give me a bit more hope. (Still expectations lower for me so that I won't be as disappointed if it is more generic and pleasently surprised if it turns out really good.)