✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Rank The Kaleidoscope EP Tracks

jc90

The KEP tracks have basically all been heard by now, so here's your chance to share your personal rankings of the songs.

As I do in my other 'ranking' threads, I'd like to remind everyone that this is an opinion-heavy thread. Your rankings may differ from others but that doesn't mean we can't coexist and enjoy this thread!

As reference, here are the tracks of KEP in the order they appear.

All I Can Think About Is You

Miracles (Someone Special)

A L I E N S

Something Just Like This

Hypnotised

Enjoy!

• Like 2

Hi! My ranking is:

1. A L I E N S

2. All I Can Think About Is You

3. Hypnotised

4. Miracles (Someone Special) *

5. Something Just Like This (Tokyo Remix) *

Maybe when I hear Miracles' studio version I decide to rank it above SJLT but, for now, I'm staying with Jonny's riff in the last drop... So beautiful.

* Edit after listening the full EP: I decided to put Miracles in fourth place, only because in the Tokyo Remix of SJLT, the crowd is very loud and I don't like that so much, I prefer a clean version. Furthermore, I love Miracles' rap part.

What I have to say in last place is that this EP is absolutely amazing. I enjoy every single minute of it: I dance, I think, I reflect, I relax... Every song is great.

1. A L I E N S

2. Hypnotised

3. Miracles (Someone Special) <---here until I hear the studio version

4. Something Just Like This

5. All I Can Think About is You

I really like AICTAIY so you can guess how much I love every song lol

1. Hypnotised

2. A L I E N S

3. Miracles (Someone Special)

4. AICTAIY

5. SJLT

Overall, I really love all the tracks, Hypnotised and A L I E N S are now among some of my most favorite songs from the band. Can't wait to hear the studio version of M (SS) and the longer version or extra outro of Hypnotised :blush:

• Like 1

Picking between my three favorites is really hard, especially with each being out a drastically different amount of time but I think I'll go:

1. ALIENS

2. Hypnotised

3. All I Can Think About Is You

4. Someone Special

5. SJLT

It's really hard tough, I think Hypnotised might end up back on top at some point ... but ALIENS has such an incredible vocal and I like the lyrics best. And AICTAIY has that otherwordly instrumental build at the end. So each of those three gets me in a different way, hard to chose.

1. A L I E N S

2. All I Can Think About is You

4. Hypnotised

5. Something Just Like This (Tokyo Remix)

(Dont judge me about the placement of 3 and 4. Hypnotised suffers from many problems relating to the production, specifically the vocals. Too many effects that cause the audio as a whole to be distorted. Plus, Jonny's guitar on Miracles 2 is great and pretty funk!)

• Like 2

1. All I Can Think About Is You

2. Hypnotised

4. Something Just Like This

5. A L I E N S

The first post just so happens to feature the correct ranking... and DAMN is it tough to rank those top two. Here's my thoughts on each song, starting from the bottom...

A L I E N S: It's a cool tune but it's not one I'm going to have on repeat. Doesn't do a whole lot for me.

Something Just Like This: It'll be fun at the concert in three weeks... but otherwise, not really my kind of song.

Miracles (Someone Special): The initial listen left me feeling meh but once I listened to it on earbuds this song came ALIVE and now I absolutely love it. And yet... as good as it is, it's only #3. That's how marvelous this EP is.

Hypnotised: Hard to rank this amazingly gorgeous song at #2, but...

All I Can Think About Is You: ...the last half of this song is just too incredibly epic to leave AICTAIY anywhere else but the top spot. Perhaps Will's finest showing. Just breathtaking.

This is likely the last thing we'll hear from them for a loooooong time... and what a way to go off into hiatus. Those top three are something else. Great stuff, Coldplay... but when do you EVER disappoint?

P.S. Nice little extended intro on the EP mix of Hypnotised... now we know what those previously-unheard sound effects on the app were all about.

• Like 1

1 Hypnotised

2 AICTAIY

3 A L I E N S

4 Miracles(Someone Special)

5 SJLT

I like that they used slow tempo for Hypnotised and AICTAIY which is difficult to find in modern songs. I love the instrumentation in these songs and the mix isn't bad at all. Only lyrics could be better in these two. ALIENS is a great experimental song, with powerful meaning and creative lyrics just couldn't get it above the others. MSS is a good pop song definitely better from any other pop song today, its lyrics are meh. SJLT is a meh song overall. It is very generic and predictable, but it could be worse.

EP rating 8,5/10

Sent from my SM-G920F using Coldplaying mobile app