✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay to debut new song for Estamos Unidos Mexicanos concert

jc90

So any idea on when we can expect either a studio version or a video of the live performance on Youtube, Spotify, iTunes etc? They said proceeds would go to various disaster relief efforts, but with no legal streaming/purchasing option available yet there isn't much the impatient fans can do right now.

No one knows yet, god I want to buy this song so much :sob:

I'm doing repeat on the video from coldplaying post from the morning! ;)

• Like 3

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A nice song! Song reminds kinda lot of Charlie Brown, the drums during the last chorus and outro have AHFOD and ETIAW vibe, and something of Chris' guitar playing and some samples during outro remind me of Viva era in a way o_O I really love the part when Jonny starts guitar solo and Will goes crazy :p

• Like 2

[MEDIA=twitter]917269325446303744[/MEDIA]

Excited to hear the studio version! I agree with some above comments that the track feels a bit incomplete, especially lyrically. But I too can forgive it, because the message is so loving and earnest.

I'll be curious to see if they are planning on putting live crowd "ole's" into the final product. If so, that would maybe take a week or so for them to mix? And also, I question whether or not I'll personally enjoy a live crowd in the track--other bands, like 30 Second to Mars, have totally overdone crowd participation, while Arcade Fire's Everything Now organically mixed the crowd.

The final thing to wonder is if the song will include those "oh ohhh oh ohhs" and "la da, da da" in the verses--I'm not a particular fan of those parts because they feel lazy, but then again the final mix could prove me wrong.

Overall an electrifying performance! Has the vibes of a post-Viva, early MX track. Wasn't expecting something so enormous and fast paced. Is this Coldplay's fastest tempo song yet?

• Like 1

I just listened to the new song and... I find it - how shall I say this nice - mediocre.

It sounds like a mishmash of lyric lines that could belong to other songs and are going everywhere and only needed to rhyme.

The "ole ole ole's" are giving me the idea they have to fill up gaps.

This clearly needed a lot more work.

The guitar in the beginning made me think of Thunderstruck by Iron Maiden. [emoji16]

It's nice as a benefit song but it doesn't have to get a permanent place on the setlist to my humble opinion.

But when it get released I will buy it (of course). [emoji4]

And hopefully Chris's vocals are a bit better in a studio version.

• Like 4

Overall, the song seems alright. As with most Coldplay songs, it takes a few listens for it to grow on me.

I think Jonny shines through again more than the rest of the crew, as he has on several the latest songs (he is the only redeeming quality on SJLT) .

I really like Guy's bass line as well, and Will's part is good, it feels very similar to his drums on AHFOD.

The thing that really ruins this song for me is Chris' lyrics. As someone said above, I'm all for the message of the song, it just comes across as really cheesy.

Hopefully there is a studio version, because it has potential. It has the vibe of being the 2018 World Cup theme song. It's just that the lyrics are really really weak IMO. I think the Wa-oh's are catchy though.

• Like 1

"Let the hummingbirds hum... we're all born equal under the same sun

Someone could be you and you could be someone

So do to each other as you would be done"

Come on Chris, you're better than that lol. Makes me cringe.

Sounds like a poem I would write in 4th grade.

I think everyone has said it perfectly. A nice song with a nice message, however I too miss when Chris lyrics were a bit more abstract and not so straight forward. But for this being a one off song, I like it. I'll take any new Coldplay when I can!

Sent from my Galaxy S8+ using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I love it! It's so good, I might be biased but I'm definitely right! Seriously I felt prouder to be a Mexican coldplayer, I love this band so much, they give us the best gift ever! I haven't stopped smiling and I can't thank them enough for what they've done!

• Like 3

Wow, Jonny and Will went nuts on this one. In fact, the instrumentation as a whole on this one is top-notch!

I'll echo others' sentiments in that the lyrics could use a little cleaning up, but that being said, this is a charity song, so I'm not expecting Politik-level wordsmithing! It works just fine for what it is. Sounds like they spliced together Charlie Brown and Don Quixote lol

Assuming we get a studio version, I'll definitely be buying it :blush:

Considering that they took their time to write this song while touring I can forgive Chris' lyrics (I like straight forward lyrics but a bit more elaborated haha :yum).

The song is really catchy and uplifting, just what everyone needs right now. Made me realize again why I love this band so much :heart::D

• Like 2

I'm wondering when they will release the song. The longer we wait, the more it seems it's going to be the live version we heard. At the same time though, you can clearly hear a backing track, so it seems that they have a studio version as well. Doesn't new music get released on Firdays? So maybe tomorrow? I guess we'll see!

...................no announcement, no teaser................:cold_sweat:................."all the benefits this track generates....".................??????? How can you generate benefits if you aren't selling the track? Or do you mean "vibe" benefits?? As in all the good vibes are going to mexico? Song isn't on ASCAP yet. Hope they release it tonight! (or tomorrow if you're in the UK)

• Like 2

...................no announcement, no teaser................:cold_sweat:................."all the benefits this track generates....".................??????? How can you generate benefits if you aren't selling the track? Or do you mean "vibe" benefits?? As in all the good vibes are going to mexico? Song isn't on ASCAP yet. Hope they release it tonight! (or tomorrow if you're in the UK)

Ahh... Yes lets all just pray that it will

Some have pointed out that Don Quixote actually became DLIBYH---there is a soundcloud video posted on Reddit ( I can't find it now) that plays the songs side-by-side. Needless to say some of the chords and the vocal delivery are nearly identical.

Also, great time to point out that DLIBYH is one of Coldplay's most underrated songs, and when played live, one of their best. The xylophones! The cymbals! The piano! Yes maybe it wasn't recorded great on record, but live Jonny's guitar during the verses is stunning. At one moment aggressive and dark, the next carefree and bright. So amazing. Don't believe me, go to 2:00 on the above video and enjoy :) Wowzers. MX at one of its best moments.

• Like 3

sort of long post incoming...

Well, as I've found out with NG's track Holy Mountain, songs take a while to grow on you. And this song (although it is for charity, yes) is one of those tracks which took FOREVER for me to like. Certainly the most cliché Coldplay song. I mean, if someone asked me to define what 'generic new era Coldplay' would be, I'd give them this song as the main definition. It's got a catchy guitar hook and melody (but lets face it, it's EERILY similar to Ed Sheeran's Castle On The Hill). It's got some decent lyrics here and there (but HOLY FUCK is it predictable right from the getgo). And that title, JESUS. (Oh) Beautiful World would have been better than Life Is Beautiful, because that title stinks of CLICHÉ.

But as it stands, it's a charity single, so obviously I'll give it a pass. Besides, the band seem to be straying away from R&B beats and shit (although that sort of music can work quite well merged with rock when done right e.g. Beck, Radiohead, Posty, Frank Ocean) so that's good, as it never suited them AT ALL. And there is a really positive message behind it, so that is also good. But the band has recorded much more INCREDIBLE charity songs in the past (like How You See The World, for example) so I'm just saying they maybe could have tried harder with this one.

Let's get on the runway to leave the AHFOD era behind, guys.

• Like 4