✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Coldplay to debut new song for Estamos Unidos Mexicanos concert

jc90

Feel free to merge/move this thread mods

Coldplay to debut new song for Estamos Unidos Mexicanos concert

Songs from band’s San Diego show to be broadcast at benefit concert in Mexico

22008153_140459249897637_8437307941650421111_n.jpg

Good evening. Estamos Unidos Mexicanos is a concert that will take place in Mexico City on Sunday, October 8, featuring artists uniting to help the reconstruction and everybody impacted by the recent earthquakes.

Coldplay will join this effort through a live transmission of some songs from their own concert that night at the SDCCU stadium in San Diego, California, which will air through Televisa and Univisión.

To mark the occasion, Coldplay will also play a brand new song for the first time, with all benefits that this track generates destined to help relief efforts in Mexico and around the world. All proceeds from the band’s San Diego show will also go towards disaster relief efforts.

Estamos Unidos Mexicanos es el nombre de un concierto que tendrá lugar en la Ciudad de México este domingo 8 de octubre y que ha reunido a artistas con la intención de ayudar a todos los afectados por los últimos terremotos así como ayudar en los trabajos de reconstrucción del país.

Coldplay se sumará a este proyecto a través de una transmisión en vivo de algunas de las canciones que interpretarán en vivo en su concierto en el estadio SDCCU en San Diego, California y que también será emitido por Televisa y Univision.

Para conmemorar esta ocasión, Coldplay va a interpretar en vivo y por primera vez una nueva canción cuyos beneficios se destinarán a los trabajos de ayuda en México y alrededor del mundo. Todos los beneficios generados en el concierto de la banda en San Diego serán destinados a actividades de socorro a las víctimas de los desastres naturales.

Anchorman

Source: http://coldplay.com/coldplay-to-debut-new-song-for-estamos-unidos-mexicanos-concert/

• Like 3

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They're writing a new song for my country and for other countries who need it. This means so much to me!

I don't know what time Coldplay will appear and I don't know if I'll go but the idea of watching my favorite band on TV is making me so happy!

• Like 3

I found this! El canal de las estrellas is one of the channels Televisa owns

http://www.lasestrellas.tv/en-vivo/

There is a delay of a minute or so and you can watch it on mobile as well. Hopefully this will be the channel the concert will be streamed :) check if you can see this wherever you are, I'm from Mexico and that might be the reason I can watch this

Univision is a channel in the US if you're from there you can watch it here http://www.univision.com/univision/tv-en-vivo they have an app

Another livestream for Univision

http://www.tutelevisionenvivo.org/ver-univision-en-vivo-hd/

• Like 1

^ That first song you listed was actually the first thing that came to my mind when I heard they would be debuting a new song. I'm crossing my fingers that's the case--it has a lovely Viva-ish feel that I absolutely adore :heart_eyes:

Of course, any new Coldplay song is a good thing, but that would be the best case scenario lol

• Like 2

Nice catch^ That is either a secret code or a lack of adjectives on R42's part.

In all honesty though, that would be a bad title, kind of self inflating and vague. "Something Just LIke This" for example is a cringy title. Maybe it will be called:

Miracles (((beautiful something))) :confounded:

As for those soundchecks above, the second sounds like Graceland to me, though I like it a lot. The first sounds much more likely to be a new track, with that bouncy bass. Only a few hours away! Hope its a studio version and not just a live one.

• Like 1

"Life is Beautiful" is Don Quixote meets Charlie Brown/Hurts Like Heaven :D

I don't wanna be a downer but to be honest from a song point of view it didn't really click with me (too much Oh-oh-oh/Olé Olé Olé singalong, no distrinctive guitar solo/melody, the lyrics being rather plain and unpoetic "There's an old song coming on the radio (...) tell the kids: stop feeling for the refugees cause they're not like you and not like me (...) all born equal, you could be someone and someone could be you" - don't get me wrong, I absoutely support the message behind it but I think for example A L I E N S dealt with the subject in a more poetic manner)

But of course I love the good cause behind playing the song :) (And the zoned Xyobands lit up to show the colours of the flag of Mexico !) Now I wonder if there will be a studio version, or if they will release the live recording for download ? I hope for a studio version....

DLrE7HtX0AAURSc.thumb.jpg.0713adfa0888e0c5e41eb883ec10b2ef.jpg

• Like 7

"Life is Beautiful" is Don Quixote meets Charlie Brown/Hurts Like Heaven :D

I don't wanna be a downer but to be honest from a song point of view it didn't really click with me (too much Oh-oh-oh/Olé Olé Olé singalong, no distrinctive guitar solo/melody, the lyrics being rather plain and unpoetic "There's an old song coming on the radio (...) tell the kids: stop feeling for the refugees cause they're not like you and not like me (...) everybody is equal, you could be someone and someone could be you" - don't get me wrong, I absoutely support the message behind it but I think for example A L I E N S dealt with the subject in a more poetic manner)

But of course I love the good cause behind playing the song :) Now I wonder if there will be a studio version, or if they will release the live recording for download ? I hope for a studio version....

I'm with you here. I really appreciated the sentiment and the moment of unity but the song felt a bit thrown together lyrically and musically a bit like a rebadged Charlie Brown. I'm not sure what I was hoping for, I mean I knew they weren't going to pull out some melancholy heavy ballad for this occasion haha. I guess I've just got my thing and this wasn't it. But, it wasn't for me, so I'm OK with it. I hope it brought a moment of joy to those in Mexico who needed it. I also hope there's a studio version, maybe it'll grab me more. Either way I will for sure buy it nonetheless.

• Like 5

I honestly loved this song! Only listened to it once so my opinion might change but I thought it was so uplifting and it was great to see how much energy and effort they really put into it. Like its not just a simple improv song like they have done in the past, which are still very sweet but this was legit. It had a proper backing track, Chris knew all of his words (which he often forgets or needs his lyrics for new songs), and the addition of the whole set up of the xylobands too. Awesome effort, I can't wait to buy it! :D

• Like 4

So any idea on when we can expect either a studio version or a video of the live performance on Youtube, Spotify, iTunes etc? They said proceeds would go to various disaster relief efforts, but with no legal streaming/purchasing option available yet there isn't much the impatient fans can do right now.

• Like 3