Coldplay to debut new song for Estamos Unidos Mexicanos concert

jc90

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Another Friday and no release. Maybe they'll release it on November 3rd to shake up excitement for the last shows? Or as a bonus track on the unofficial live album? Sigh.....

Yeah I'm thinking it'll be on the live album. I'm not so sure about a studio release. Which is weird because they clearly have the backing tracks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Coldplaying mobile app

• Like 2

Yeah I'm thinking it'll be on the live album. I'm not so sure about a studio release. Which is weird because they clearly have the backing tracks.

If they are not doing a studio release, I highly doubt that means they are going to use the live version in San Diego, solely because I think Chris' vocals were lacking in the live version. And if they redo it, it would be kind of short notice for the supposed Nov. Live album release.

If they are not doing a studio release, I highly doubt that means they are going to use the live version in San Diego, solely because I think Chris' vocals were lacking in the live version. And if they redo it, it would be kind of short notice for the supposed Nov. Live album release.

Yeah his vocals weren't the best there. Personally I think a studio version with maybe multiple people including the rest of the band, their kids, etc (like Up&Up) singing the Ole parts would sound fine. But at this point it's been almost 2 weeks since they have played it. Not to say the money raised still won't help, but I would think they would want to get it out asap.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm getting very disappointed cause I would really like an official release of this song, live or studio.

I'm starting to think that maybe it will just be on the live CD or DVD like Moses or something. That way they could still "put the proceeds from that song" towards the charities. But as mentioned, Chris' vocals were a bit off so either they will performing it again and chop them all up or just re-record over it. Thats if they release it live anyway

Yeah I'm getting very disappointed cause I would really like an official release of this song, live or studio.

I'm starting to think that maybe it will just be on the live CD or DVD like Moses or something. That way they could still "put the proceeds from that song" towards the charities. But as mentioned, Chris' vocals were a bit off so either they will performing it again and chop them all up or just re-record over it. Thats if they release it live anyway

Yeah at this point I think it's pretty much guaranteed that it will be on the live album, if at all. Kind of a bummer because I really wanted a studio version but oh well.

They're taking their time with this track, probably reworking the whole song (lyrics, instruments) but who knows :confused:

I really hope so. The instrumental bangs, probably their most uplifting and anthemic track in years, but yes they need to rework a lot of it. The Ole’s are also a little cheesy, but its okay if they keep it in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Watch from 1:41:00

The studio release must be soon. There are certain changes to the performance. Firstly Chris' vocals are different and I love the way he sings "Dismissed kiss their kids off to war". Secondly there are new guitar licks throughout by Jonny. Thirdly during the second verse/chorus @ 1:43:10 there is a new backing vocal. Sounds like a woman pre-recorded. Also enjoy the HD, some champion filmed the entire thing.

• Like 2

Agreed it feels much more polished and ready for a studio release! It sounds so Viva! WE NEED THE STUDIO VERSION NOWWWWww

Edit: Although I kind of prefer Jonny's guitar verses on the earlier version because they felt kinda country, now they feel more classic coldplay

• Like 1

Last night Chris changed some of the lyrics up a bit like saying "All of the kids" instead of boys. Also seems like he didn't know the words at a few spots.

Also, there is an audible "do to eachother as you would be done" children's vocal.

To me that either means he just had a sloppy performance, or, they actually haven't recorded a final version of the lyrics. So release may be a bit off still.