✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Hmmmm “bring that church feel”. I’m guessing he helped with the album opener, “Sunrise”, maybe “Church” and not sure what the last would be. Had never heard of him before either...

Never heard him either but he's very good looked him up

• Like 2

Chris, yesterday in an interview with Zane Lowe:

“I think that a combination of things is happening for us. Not that there hasn’t always been craziness in the world, but it’s so in your face all the time that it can only increase one's gratitude for being able to do this job."

"You have to sing what’s coming through and that’s what we’ve done more than ever.”

• Like 2

This is kinda shifting gears but I noticed searching up Coldplay's website on Google, the little sentence that tells you what the website is about before you click it seemed to have changed. Now it reads: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1. 0 1 2 · · · · · · ·. 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1. 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 · · ·. 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1. 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 · · ·. 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1.

Not really sure what this means (if anything. I tend to look too far into things). And you guys have probably noticed and decoded it by now. I'm curious what it means.

Capture.PNG.151bef7549299796c885b809e5a9bf45.PNG

• Like 1

This is kinda shifting gears but I noticed searching up Coldplay's website on Google, the little sentence that tells you what the website is about before you click it seemed to have changed. Now it reads: 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9. 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1. 0 1 2 · · · · · · ·. 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1. 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 · · ·. 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1. 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 · · ·. 0 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1.

Not really sure what this means (if anything. I tend to look too far into things). And you guys have probably noticed and decoded it by now. I'm curious what it means.

I think that was the countdown clocks toward the release of the singles and the change of the webpage.

• Like 1

holy....for people not familiar with jacob collier he’s kind of known in music academia and jazz as somewhat of a genius. his voice is wonderful and his knowledge of music theory is greater than probably 99% on the planet. jacob also has a fantastic handle on pitch and harmony; he has jazzy covers where he sings in the key of g half sharp. this is so exciting to hear that coldplay worked with him!

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

How interesting... I'm not familiar with Jacob Collier's past work but he does sound like someone Chris would recruit!

The interviewer apparently thinks one of the two halves of the double album is supposed to be more experimental than the other? I haven't listened to the Zane Lowe interview so I don't know if Chris has actually said anything about it but I've certainly heard nothing about it. If this is true, then I suppose Sunrise is the experimental half because that's where we're going to find Arabesque.

Though the entire album sounds like it should be experimental in some sense. I'm not quite sure what to believe :joy:

• Like 3

How interesting... I'm not familiar with Jacob Collier's past work but he does sound like someone Chris would recruit!

The interviewer apparently thinks one of the two halves of the double album is supposed to be more experimental than the other? I haven't listened to the Zane Lowe interview so I don't know if Chris has actually said anything about it but I've certainly heard nothing about it. If this is true, then I suppose Sunrise is the experimental half because that's where we're going to find Arabesque.

Though the entire album sounds like it should be experimental in some sense. I'm not quite sure what to believe :joy:

That's interesting

• Like 1

Just want to echo the words of EasySuperstition up there.

For those who don't know Jacob Collier, and I don't say this lightly, he's basically this generation's Mozart.

I cannot express enough to you all how much of a genuine, in every sense of the word, genius he is. His knowledge of music is unparalleled, his grasp on harmony is unlike anything I've ever seen, and he knows every scale, in every key, in every mode that has ever existed.... And he can just sing it/play it straight up like it's nothing.

I went to see him at the Sydney Opera House a few weeks ago and it is by far the best gig I've ever seen. I'm still processing it.

This things that he can do is beyond comprehension. He's not only a multi-instrumentalist, he's a master of all instruments and a truly remarkable composer.

I realise I sound like I'm on his PR team hahaha, but trust me, Jacob working on Everyday Life could not be better news. I am now at full, 100% hype.

• Like 6
  • Wow 4

Just want to echo the words of EasySuperstition up there.

For those who don't know Jacob Collier, and I don't say this lightly, he's basically this generation's Mozart.

I cannot express enough to you all how much of a genuine, in every sense of the word, genius he is. His knowledge of music is unparalleled, his grasp on harmony is unlike anything I've ever seen, and he knows every scale, in every key, in every mode that has ever existed.... And he can just sing it/play it straight up like it's nothing.

I went to see him at the Sydney Opera House a few weeks ago and it is by far the best gig I've ever seen. I'm still processing it.

This things that he can do is beyond comprehension. He's not only a multi-instrumentalist, he's a master of all instruments and a truly remarkable composer.

I realise I sound like I'm on his PR team hahaha, but trust me, Jacob working on Everyday Life could not be better news. I am now at full, 100% hype.

Someone gets it! Hahaha. Your words ring true...for those who don’t quite get the astounding nature of this collaboration, it’s like if the Bee Gees teamed up with Phillip Glass and Miles Davis. Or something to that effect.

• Like 2

This is so exciting! I love Jacob and his music. He is a musical genius and it will be amazing to see his arrangements become a part of Coldplay's sound. For those of you who have never heard of Jacob, definitely check out his music, especially his most recent work "Djesse Vol.2". It has some killer tracks on there, and he explores a wide variety of arrangements and genres. I'm looking forward to seeing their genius at work.

• Like 5

Jacob also created a vocal-harmonizer with Bloomberg. Basically he sings into a mic which runs through a keyboard, and every note he plays on the keyboard is an extra note added to the harmony he's singing. He built this thing from nothing. Maybe it'll make an appearance on Everyday Life?

Check out his cover of Blackbird. He uses it masterfully.

Just on the Coldplay collaboration, he spoke about bringing that "church sound". I can only assume he's talking about Gospel-style harmonies and jazzy 7th chords.

God this album can't come soon enough.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1