✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

Just want to echo the words of EasySuperstition up there.

For those who don't know Jacob Collier, and I don't say this lightly, he's basically this generation's Mozart.

I cannot express enough to you all how much of a genuine, in every sense of the word, genius he is. His knowledge of music is unparalleled, his grasp on harmony is unlike anything I've ever seen, and he knows every scale, in every key, in every mode that has ever existed.... And he can just sing it/play it straight up like it's nothing.

I went to see him at the Sydney Opera House a few weeks ago and it is by far the best gig I've ever seen. I'm still processing it.

This things that he can do is beyond comprehension. He's not only a multi-instrumentalist, he's a master of all instruments and a truly remarkable composer.

I realise I sound like I'm on his PR team hahaha, but trust me, Jacob working on Everyday Life could not be better news. I am now at full, 100% hype.

• Like 6
  • Wow 4

Just want to echo the words of EasySuperstition up there.

For those who don't know Jacob Collier, and I don't say this lightly, he's basically this generation's Mozart.

I cannot express enough to you all how much of a genuine, in every sense of the word, genius he is. His knowledge of music is unparalleled, his grasp on harmony is unlike anything I've ever seen, and he knows every scale, in every key, in every mode that has ever existed.... And he can just sing it/play it straight up like it's nothing.

I went to see him at the Sydney Opera House a few weeks ago and it is by far the best gig I've ever seen. I'm still processing it.

This things that he can do is beyond comprehension. He's not only a multi-instrumentalist, he's a master of all instruments and a truly remarkable composer.

I realise I sound like I'm on his PR team hahaha, but trust me, Jacob working on Everyday Life could not be better news. I am now at full, 100% hype.

Someone gets it! Hahaha. Your words ring true...for those who don’t quite get the astounding nature of this collaboration, it’s like if the Bee Gees teamed up with Phillip Glass and Miles Davis. Or something to that effect.

• Like 2

This is so exciting! I love Jacob and his music. He is a musical genius and it will be amazing to see his arrangements become a part of Coldplay's sound. For those of you who have never heard of Jacob, definitely check out his music, especially his most recent work "Djesse Vol.2". It has some killer tracks on there, and he explores a wide variety of arrangements and genres. I'm looking forward to seeing their genius at work.

• Like 5

Jacob also created a vocal-harmonizer with Bloomberg. Basically he sings into a mic which runs through a keyboard, and every note he plays on the keyboard is an extra note added to the harmony he's singing. He built this thing from nothing. Maybe it'll make an appearance on Everyday Life?

Check out his cover of Blackbird. He uses it masterfully.

Just on the Coldplay collaboration, he spoke about bringing that "church sound". I can only assume he's talking about Gospel-style harmonies and jazzy 7th chords.

God this album can't come soon enough.

• Like 4
  • Wow 1

AHFOD: We're working with Beyonce, Stargate, Aviici and there's a song inspired by Flo Rida

Everyday Life: We're working with the Kuti family, Jacob Collier and using leftover ideas from Brian Eno

Yeah, I think I'm allowed to feel more excited this time around!

I'd love to see Coldplay work with guys like James Blake and Bon Iver as well. Can see some magic being birthed from that collaboration.

• Like 5

According to someone on the subreddit there'll be a Japanese deluxe edition with a bonus track called "Flags".

I'M EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THIS NEWS. All I wanted besides a new album was a new album with more new original bonus track(s) on a deluxe edition. So, more 15 New songs to come :D

• Like 2
  • Love 1

I'M EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THIS NEWS. All I wanted besides a new album was a new album with more new original bonus track(s) on a deluxe edition. So, more 15 New songs to come :D

And if the rumor is true, then we're actually getting a brand new bonus track again instead of something we've heard before :) (the bonus track for AHFOD was just a re-release of Miracles)

• Like 3

And if the rumor is true, then we're actually getting a brand new bonus track again instead of something we've heard before :) (the bonus track for AHFOD was just a re-release of Miracles)

I really hope it is true, the song is already listed on the japanese Amazon

[MEDIA=amazon]id=B07ZK94XCK;tld=jp[/MEDIA]

View: https://www.amazon.co.jp/%E3%82%A8%E3%83%B4%E3%83%AA%E3%83%87%E3%82%A4%E3%83%BB%E3%83%A9%E3%82%A4%E3%83%95-%E3%82%B3%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB%E3%83%89%E3%83%97%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4/dp/B07ZK94XCK/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?_encoding=UTF8&imageClass=hi-res&keywords=%E3%82%B3%E3%83%BC%E3%83%AB%E3%83%89%E3%83%97%E3%83%AC%E3%82%A4&phoneCarrier=wifi&phoneType=Android&qid=1572145134&rd=1&s=music&sr=1-1&view=Touch9#featureBulletsAndDetailBullets_secondary_view_div_1572146584758

• Like 2

Was just looking at the new pics that we’ve seen of the band and the orphans video, and noticed Wills drum kit is simpler than a full drum kit, even on the video where he is playing drums... and arabesque doesn’t have much drum work per say, except the outro has a lot of crashes going on. But could it be all songs on the new album have minimalistic drums (excluding extra percussions). Or maybe more of a percussion driven album but not necessarily a traditional full drum kit? What do you think?

• Like 3

Everyday Life is 53 minutes. Removing the singles we're left with 44 minutes. Assuming the average song length is 4 minutes (some will be shorter, some may be longer) that leaves us with room for about 11 extra songs as a best case scenario. So there are either gonna be some super short songs on here, or there will be about 3-4 interludes. Maybe 2 interludes per side? Just a guess though.