✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

The truth is that as far as we know it is not a double disc, but a single disc with two parts, as they did with XY.

I think someone else has said it before, the album is short enough to have 16 songs. I'm afraid we'll see how in MX several songs that really are introductions to others or transitions.

A little disappointing.

I thought it would be two albums complemented but separated.

• Like 3

Hi everyone, just wanted to express my feelings, I don’t know if anyone can relate to what I’m about to write, but; hearing Arabesque and also Orphans reminded me of WHY I love Coldplay! Not that I stopped loving them in any moment, but, it just brought a breeze of fresh air, it’s almost like meeting them for the first time, and that makes me so excited and happy! Now, I can’t stop listening to these songs, but also, ALL of Coldplay, I’ve been listening to album after album, and I feel..new?!! Like reinvented!! It’s magical and I’m happy; it no longer matters if the rest of the album fails to reach these high standards (which I’m hopeful it won’t) , We all will have this two songs that are great!!

• Like 10

I came up with a theory this morning ...

We know Coldplay's music reflects a lot of Chris Martin's mood and we can see some obvious links between the type of music Coldplay choses to make and the private life of Chris.

Let me clear my point : Ghost Stories was a direct answer to his divorce with Gwyneth Paltrow and AHFOD was the album of rebirth after his depression. I associate theses two records because there were all THERAPEUTIC which means that Chris was not completely free with his music and it was linked with some personal events he had in his life.

The experimentation of Arabesque makes me believe that Chris is finally free from this hard period of time and can compose without any thoughts or strong personal feelings, and it creates another kind of beauty : the beauty of Arabesque, of real musical experimentation which reminds me the VLV era. Hope the rest of the record will be as free as Arabesque is. Sorry for my english i'm not fluent !

• Like 8
  • Wow 3

20191025_125335.thumb.jpg.7365758636e778a2a52da0985900a905.jpg

I'm a DJ for my college radio station and we have to log whatever we play on this site called Spinitron (I think it's mostly for college and non commercial stations so idk if anyone would know it). Anyway, I played the new songs today and I was very surprised by all the people listed under "Artist" for Orphans (especially since Arabesque just said "Coldplay"). Apple's also part of it? Anyone know these other artists?

• Like 1

According to google, Marwa Kreitem works as a Palestine goodwill ambassador for the United Nations.

I have a feeling this relates to other tracks on the album.. It seems that much of this album will be about the wars in the Middle East and how the band view them.

Bashur Murad is also a Palestinian singer, backing vocals on Orphans perhaps?

• Like 3

Love Spinatron! Yeah I think a lot of those folks were just part of "choir" on the chorus. Likely they collaborated on other tracks on the album as well.

So I guess the next big item is the Saturday Night Live Performence? What do y'all think they'll play? My guess is that they'll do Orphans but I'm curious if they'll bring a live brass group/other artists on stage to do a shortened version of Arabesque? I'm stoked to see how these sound live. With more of Jonny's guitar it can only get better!

• Like 7
  • Wow 2

I'm gonna guess they'll play Orphans and then either an older song like Viva or perhaps something new like Trouble In Town if they have dropped another single by that point.

the most likely next single is Trouble or Guns. Dare I say it? Double single again?

• Like 2

The truth is that as far as we know it is not a double disc, but a single disc with two parts, as they did with XY.

I think someone else has said it before, the album is short enough to have 16 songs. I'm afraid we'll see how in MX several songs that really are introductions to others or transitions.

A little disappointing.

I thought it would be two albums complemented but separated.

There still could be a concept behind it, the vinyl edition has two discs.

(Well yeah, on the other hand the previous albums with two LPs were not considered to be double albums.)

• Like 1

I notice some people talking about the positions of Orphans and Arabesque on Sunset and Sunrise. I'd have to say that sonically speaking both feel most fit on the Sunrise side, and to be clear I am very obsessive over the setting in which certain songs are played so I've got this nailed down lol. But maybe it's a part of some other album theme we're not aware of yet.....

Some people were also mentioning the possibility of Arabesque being a one off and I REALLY hope that isn't the case. Seeing as the theme of this album seems to be old style like 20's band and the cover reflects that this probably won't be a one off but this is what I thought when I heard the song and especially when I seen that Orphans was more poppy. I hope they've learned their lessons from last time and will give us a few songs of something we've NEVER expected from them before (the last direction I expected them to go was in the old style band direction, I really liked this curveball! I thought it was too good to be true when I first listened to Arabesque and totally thought I was being fooled by some fake upload before checking the channel, seeing it was verified and seeing all the videos I'd known and loved on there! I was still in disbelief and thought something wasn't right about this even two minutes into the song!

• Like 5

They are definitely going to play Orphans, I can see them doing Arabesque too (hopefully with extra musicians!!!). Perhaps one more, a new song, as they are releasing a double album with 16 songs next month.

This is what I was thinking too, would be so damn cool if they brought in extra musicians for Arabesque, ah it's soo soo soo exciting to see them perform new songs for the first time! I'm sure a new song will be out by then too. Looking forward to the performances and the future interviews. Does anyone have the Zane Lowe interview btw?

• Like 4

I guess the question is what gets released next and when? Will it be another single, a double single like this one, a different version of Orphans and/or Arabesque (radio edit, acoustic or remix), or will we just have to wait until the actual album itself for the next release?

I'm hoping for another double release, maybe Trouble In Town as the big hit single and then have Guns with it. Hoping maybe the week before the album release or maybe the week after or early Dec.

• Like 2

Haven't been on here in ages! But just wanted to drop in here and say that Arabesque is such a fucking great song. It'd be a fucking great song if Coldplay weren't the ones who released it, but all the more incredible that they could go from AHFOD to this. And Orphans is how AHFOD should've sounded had Stargate not overproduced the album and the songs were stronger.

Fucking hell am I hyped for this album.

• Like 8

Haven't been on here in ages! But just wanted to drop in here and say that Arabesque is such a fucking great song. It'd be a fucking great song if Coldplay weren't the ones who released it, but all the more incredible that they could go from AHFOD to this. And Orphans is how AHFOD should've sounded had Stargate not overproduced the album and the songs were stronger.

Fucking hell am I hyped for this album.

I'm surprised that the f-word isn't censored here as on another forum where I'm also active.^^

• Like 3