✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

LP8 Thread - Everyday Life

stephen

[GUESS] When will the next LP be released?  

244 members have voted

1. 1. [GUESS] When will the next LP be released?

• Earlier...
    • 1st half of 2020
    • 2nd half of 2020
    • 1st half of 2021
    • 2nd half of 2021
    • Later...

This poll is closed to new votes

[MEDIA=instagram]B4IWuoNAGzZ[/MEDIA]

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/B4IWuoNAGzZ/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

:eyes: Looks like we're getting what we asked for! This album's gonna have TEETH, y'all

I feel like in a parallel universe somewhere I’m on this thread railing and moaning about how modern Coldplay are bland pop and uninspired.

Thankfully I’m not in that universe, We’re in the one where I got exactly what I wanted and haven’t been this optimistic about a Coldplay album in god knows how long.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

I feel like in a parallel universe somewhere I’m on this thread railing and moaning about how modern Coldplay are bland pop and uninspired.

Thankfully I’m not in that universe, We’re in the one where I got exactly what I wanted and haven’t been this optimistic about a Coldplay album in god knows how long.

i just really hope they deliver on this one. i just finished watching the weekly best/worst tracks video by anthony fantano (theneedledrop) and he put arabesque in the best tracks of the week segment. while talking about the track he expressed a feeling that i really resonated with: while i’m super excited for a new album, 16 tracks just means more chance for them to drop some duds. i’m reaaaally hoping they just come out with a fantastic record that unites the community again and gets them good critical success. i just want them to blow me away like they used to.

• Like 6

It’s hard to say at this point in time but all signs are really looking good.

If you go back to the GS era this is exactly what people were asking for.. an experimental sound like Viva with a more indie/alternative vibe and also songs with a bit more edge and TEETH as was said above.

I have a feeling that after 2009, looking to the future the band sort of had a feeling that guitar and drums music was falling out of fashion.. which was true to an extent. Musically, this decade will be remembered as the EDM decade. Hence the sudden and dramatic change in sound. Chris Martin tried to reinvent Coldplay into something new, much like Bono did with U2. In a way it worked as they still filled out the stadiums, stayed in the charts and bagged themselves a new set of casual fans... much to the ire of those who loved the old stuff.

like U2, I hope Coldplay will grow out of that now and start going back to being themselves.

• Like 5

Honestly, I love Arabesque as much as anyone here, experimental, long, gritty, beautiful. But the more I listen to Orphans the more it grows on me, it's everything AHFOD should have been with some better mixing in there, it's such a good song honestly, and especially after watching the video it grew on me ten times more.

• Like 10

Honestly, I love Arabesque as much as anyone here, experimental, long, gritty, beautiful. But the more I listen to Orphans the more it grows on me, it's everything AHFOD should have been with some better mixing in there, it's such a good song honestly, and especially after watching the video it grew on me ten times more.

Couldn't agree more. Orphans is what coldplay should have done if they were after a pop feel before viva la vida

• Like 5

I don't think that article is a review. I had Google translate the page for me and it sounds more speculative than anything else. It makes assumptions about themes of the albums based on song titles and what we've got from Orphans. Usually the only reviews that drop before an album are part of some sort of sponsorship, so maybe NME drops its review 5 days before the album comes out and teases all the tracks.

Also, just FYI - I listened to Guy's interview on that podcast and not much gleaned. Basically he says they're excited about the new album coming out and started working on it in Tuscany in 2017 (likely after the AHFOD tour). Didn't dig into any tracks specifically or the sound or anything :(

• Like 4

I don't think that article is a review. I had Google translate the page for me and it sounds more speculative than anything else. It makes assumptions about themes of the albums based on song titles and what we've got from Orphans. Usually the only reviews that drop before an album are part of some sort of sponsorship, so maybe NME drops its review 5 days before the album comes out and teases all the tracks.

Also, just FYI - I listened to Guy's interview on that podcast and not much gleaned. Basically he says they're excited about the new album coming out and started working on it in Tuscany in 2017 (likely after the AHFOD tour). Didn't dig into any tracks specifically or the sound or anything :(

Do you have a link to the podcast?

What do you guys recon will be the release plan until album release? The've planned the first 2 songs to go 4 weeks before album release. I recon they might release 2 songs every thursday/friday. That would make 8 (double) single packages until release and half of the album(s). I think they might as nowadays the streaming landscape prefers more single releases before an actual album release, to boost artist streams (I work for a music label).

But I'm hoping they'll just release one more song and then give us the full deal/experience on the 22nd, haha!

• Like 4

What do you guys recon will be the release plan until album release? The've planned the first 2 songs to go 4 weeks before album release. I recon they might release 2 songs every thursday/friday. That would make 8 (double) single packages until release and half of the album(s). I think they might as nowadays the streaming landscape prefers more single releases before an actual album release, to boost artist streams (I work for a music label).

But I'm hoping they'll just release one more song and then give us the full deal/experience on the 22nd, haha!

Same here! What if the big hit single comes from Sunrise and Sunset as the partner single? And the third single is fro Sunset and Sunrise has the partner single? I think switching back and forth would be cool like that, I mean that's what I would do.

• Like 3

Here's the spotify link - https://open.spotify.com/episode/6PtxIT42tPjlP0TSvG70M8?si=eXfZF50GTPu9Tuu0r9jSLg

Just look up Mr. JWW podcast and you may find it elsewhere too.

I bet we for sure get AT LEAST one more single. Looking at the calendar I feel like maybe the week of Nov. 7th would be a good time to drop two more single tracks in the same style as Arabesque and Orphans so we have 4 teasers going into the 16 track album.

• Like 5

Here's the spotify link - https://open.spotify.com/episode/6PtxIT42tPjlP0TSvG70M8?si=eXfZF50GTPu9Tuu0r9jSLg

Just look up Mr. JWW podcast and you may find it elsewhere too.

I bet we for sure get AT LEAST one more single. Looking at the calendar I feel like maybe the week of Nov. 7th would be a good time to drop two more single tracks in the same style as Arabesque and Orphans so we have 4 teasers going into the 16 track album.

But will we get a third or fourth like by December or by March?

It is true that Guy said that there won't be any tour for Everyday life?

I heard him say that the album is not an album to go on tour with. He also said they do have some surprises and shows planned, but I think it's save to conclude there won't be a tour any time soon.

So they might do a Ghost Stories type of tour then?

Not surprise but really interested to see what shows they have planned. If they do a smaller tour, their production would be better and they would probably go on tour with an orchestra!

• Like 5

Interesting things said by Guy!

Some shows confirmed

But NO Everyday Life tour.

Guy said: 'It's not going to be an album that we take on tour'.

So can we presume it is a sort of intimate album like 'Ghost Stories'? Or does it mean they just don't want to tour it because they have had their big stadium tours which can't be topped?

Both 'Orphans' and 'Arabesque' seem to have stadium tour qualities, though.

Btw, Coldplay will appear on NBC’s Saturday Night Live on November 2. I wonder whether they will play another new song besides Orphans and Arabesque.

• Like 6

Interesting things said by Guy!

Some shows confirmed

But NO Everyday Life tour.

That means we are getting another album in 2020 or what ? I dont see any reason why they won´t do big Tour for this album expect they have another album in their minds already.

• Like 2